- File Size: 4283 KB
- Print Length: 73 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publisher: Evolved Publishing LLC; 1st edition (August 19, 2015)
- Publication Date: August 19, 2015
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B0147L34J6
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
#1,832,324 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
- #3023 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Suspense > Political
- #3888 in Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > Two hours or more (65-100 pages) > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense
- #8752 in Books > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers & Suspense > Spies & Politics > Political
Enemies of the State - A Steven Cabbott Short Story Kindle Edition
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
Steven is an amazing character because he is not clearly good or evil, but rather deeply conflicted. He finds himself in the middle of a brewing civil war between the poor Americans and the Originalists. As a reader, it was hard for me to place my sympathy squarely on Steven's shoulders. Steven is likeable but also violent and worrisome. It is unclear exactly who to trust. This is materful writing at its best.
I strongly urge you to buy this book and others by a first rate author -- Mr. Jeff Altabef. You will be glad that you purchased this gem.
Steve, finds himself unwillingly satisfying his inner demons while battling a future America gone terribly wrong. Crime is rampant and greed is the cause. The Oligarchs are a powerful entity that control America, their greed insatiable. Mr. Cabbot finds himself in a bind, searching for information and a way to stop them, thereby ending a violent battle in the ghetto in which he resides.
Steve is obviously struggling to find his own identity, his place in this world. With a tragic childhood behind him, Steve Cabbot finds himself with a skills and street smarts to not only survive, but take on this capitalist society gone wrong.
With this being a short story you are only given a taste of what his world is like. It is packed with action and thrills from start to finish. The author has done a nice setup for the series that are to follow. There is no doubt you will be hooked from page one. This is an easy flowing book with just the right amount of action and humor as the author takes you on a journey of non stops action.
Steve Cabbott whose life was carved out of a dark childhood, now filled with inner demons he struggles to keep tame. Steve is not who you think, he's an honorable man lost in a world filled with crime and greed. Steve finds himself battling out, often violently against an organization hell bent on power and profit.
Jeff Altabef, the author is more than your average writer. The power struggle of one man against a seemingly endless wave of crime is well played through the pages of this short story. The journey was well worth the cost of admission.
Most recent customer reviews
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Short Stories & Anthologies > Short Stories
- Books > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers & Suspense > Spies & Politics > Political
- Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > Two hours or more (65-100 pages) > Literature & Fiction
- Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > Two hours or more (65-100 pages) > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Short Stories > Single Authors
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers > Political