Amazon Vehicles Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB DG Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning MeBeforeYou MeBeforeYou MeBeforeYou  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com Ellen

Size: Pro Charger w/ 4-AA|Change

Showing 1-10 of 1,991 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 2,190 reviews
on July 18, 2016
Rechargeable Batteries and chargers

Overall, buy BRAND NAME CHARGERS, don't worry too much about cost, worry about quality (and potential fires). AND, buy chargers that charge batteries individually, not in pairs, as I have read that those charging in pairs only charge til the first battery is full and show both batteries full. Regarding BATTERIES, I have found Eneloop, Energizer, and EBL to all perform within the same general levels so far, so I generally buy batteries based on price.

For this specific EBL 920D charger - Does not work as per instructions. Placed batteries in charger that came with charger and after 36 hours, still indicated charging, lights never went out. Batteries did seem to charge.

For EBL 807 and EBL 808 - in my case they worked as advertised.

HOWEVER, when I take batteries that are supposedly fully charged out of the EBL chargers, wait 10 minutes to cool, then place in the Panasonic BQ-CC17, they charge another hour or so. This leads me to believe the EBL's don't fully charge the batteries for some reason. Reversing and putting fully charged batteries from the Panasonic into the EBLs, they indicate fully charged.

Just buy the Panasonic BQ-CC17 - It comes with 4 2100 eneloops for $14, so you are essentially getting the charger for $3. This charger is slow, but is very dependable and highly rated everywhere.

You should charge your batteries slowly to extend their life, but if you are impatient, buy the Energizer Recharge Rapid Charger with 4 AA NiMH Rechargeable Batteries (included) Car and AC Wall Adaptor, 15-Min Charge Time. It is about $33 with four 1300mah batteries, so you pay about $25 for the charger. Does 4AA in 30 minutes. Remember tho, the rapid charge reduces the number of times you can charge the batteries. But at $2-3 each for the AA, who cares if you get 2000 or 500 charges.

WARNING: On all battery chargers, based on my reviews, I don't leave them in the charger unattended for long, especially the Energizer Rapid Charger. They all build up heat in the battery, they are all probably assembled in China, and the quality control probably varies significantly from the name brands to the off brands. Read of two instances of batteries/chargers overheating, melting the charger and the batteries. In one case, started a fire, in the other, the smell from the melting device alerted the owner to unplug.

Hope this helps some of you out there trying to figure out how to navigate thru this rechargeable battery jungle.

*** I purchased this item with no discount for a review. If my review was helpful, please click below so more people will read it as well! Thank you.
Cognoscetis veritatem et veritas liberabit vos. (You shall know the truth, and the truth shall set you free.)
0Comment| 136 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 1, 2015
Took this battery charger with me on vacation to China. It worked wonderfully in powering my rechargeable batteries without any glitches. I used it only with Energizer rechargeable but it will most like work with any other recharging batteries. What I like about the product is that you can fit both AA and AAA batteries for charging. It also lights up as red when charging or green when done charging. The plug in the back can be folded down to avoid it from poking out or getting damaged

Please vote yes if this review was helpful to you, it helps me out a lot, and I would really appreciate it!
review image review image
0Comment| 120 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 5, 2017
DONT BUY THIS ITEM!! 8 Days after I purchased this item, on our second time using it. It burned. Be very careful with this product. Thank god I was home. Will not recomend.
on September 11, 2016
Had this replaced within a week of purchase. Second one has the same problem. Charger never turns green to indicate batteries are charged so I never know when to unplug it. Batteries do appear to be charged and will charge in an older different brand charger. Procrastinated about reporting this for the replacement and now too late to return it.
on December 16, 2015
I'm not the type of person to take the time to write a product review, but this product to be defective and may be a fire hazard and would like to warn others. It charged the batteries correctly the first time it was used. The light turn from red to green and all was dandy. When I tried to recharge the batteries the second time, the red light stayed even after 10+ hours of charging. The reason why I left it charging so long was because I figure it may just be taking longer than usual to charge. It was only after it began to smell like it was burning the plastic gut inside did I realize that it was probably defective and unplugged it. I followed the instructions on the particulars of how it needs to recharge the batteries so the was no human error to blame here. DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT. This review is in regards to the charger and not the batteries which happen to be only 1300 mA which was disappointing but I guess I got what I payed for. I unfortunately did not start using the charger until after the time that I could return it so I'm pretty much left with junk.
22 comments| 50 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 5, 2015
I purchased this without doing much research. I figured the price was right, the review average was good, and Energizer is a well-regarded brand. I didn't necessarily expect them to sell the best possible product but I assumed it would at least be competitive.

The good news is that the product works as advertised and the build quality is fine.

The bad news is that the product is old technology, and you can purchase a far superior product (from e.g. Panasonic) for about $2 more.

The charger is friendly and functional but can only charge batteries in pairs. This is often fine, but makes it almost worthless if you have any devices that need an odd number of batteries.

The bundled batteries only have a capacity of 1400 mAh. Most rechargeable batteries these days are rated for 2000 mAh or more. My fault for not reading the product information carefully enough. The bigger problem is that the batteries are based on old technology that suffers from rapid self-discharge. That means they'll go dead after 1-2 months regardless of what you're using them for. You know that TV remote that runs for years on a pair of alkalines? Well, get ready to change its batteries every month, if you use these.

Please avoid my mistake and look elsewhere!
on May 6, 2016
This would have initially rated as a 5 star purchase. These were used mainly for my son's Xbox controller and were great at the start. They charged quickly enough and last quite a while (even through some marathon Minecraft sessions). I have to give them a 1 star rating after ruining a controller and nearly burning the place down. After a regular charge, I put the batteries into the control as usual; played a session and left the controller on the night stand. Fast forward and we try to turn the controller on the next morning and it does not work. Perplexed I turn it over to check the batteries and find that that it overheated through the night! A case has been opened with Energizer; though they have been slow to respond. At this point I am out the batteries (as I refuse to use them) and an Xbox One controller. Stay away at all costs.
review image review image
33 comments| 67 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 17, 2017
Can't really rate or review the batteries because the charger was defective. I left the batteries in the charger over night thru the day(16 hours) and the red light never changed color. I also could smell a burnt plastic smell, so I am very hesitant to keep the charger plugged in to wait for it to turn green after that long. If it is in fact over 16 hours to charge 2 AA batteries, then I would look else where for a faster charger.

Hope this helps! Please click the helpful link if my review helped you decide. Thanks in advance
on February 23, 2016
The charger is defective, the light will not turn green and so I have no idea if the auto stop charging feature works or not. The batteries are hot if I leave them in so I have to make sure I don't leave them charging for more than 4 hours.
on October 19, 2016
I don't know if I am the only person who has had this issue, but it constantly gives me the red flashing light (meaning the batteries are bad) with brand new batteries. But the batteries do work. It also doesn't fully charge the batteries. Very disappointed.