Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $4.69 shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Energizer Hard Case Professional 4 LED Headlight, Black/Gray
|Price:||$33.57 & FREE Shipping. Details|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- 70 lumens of light
- 4 light modes: 1 white LED (high & low), 2 red LEDs, 1 green LED
- Survives 15' drop test
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Compare to similar items
This item Energizer Hard Case Professional 4 LED Headlight, Black/Gray
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||eCop!||Amazon.com||Mr. Medical||Amazon.com||Mr. Medical|
|Light Source Type||LED||LED||LED||LED||LED||LED|
The Toughest Flashlights You'll Ever Need. Serious professionals need serious lighting. On site or in the field, our Energizer Hard Case Professional line of products offer the rugged dependability of the original Energizer Hard Case combined with innovative LED technology. 70 lumens of light 4 light modes: 1 white LED (high & low), 2 red LEDs, 1 green LED Survives 15' drop test.
Serious professionals need serious lighting. On site or in the field, our Energizer® Hard Case® Professional® line of products offer the rugged dependability of the original Energizer® Hard Case® combined with innovative LED technology.
Battery Installation Instructions
1. Lift the Latch and open the cover.
2. Insert 3 AA Batteries.
3. Close the cover and lower the latch.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
IngredientsNo Active Ingredients
Top customer reviews
My first impressions on opening the package and playing with the product:
1. Overall build quality seems to be pretty good for this type of product. The $34 price tag puts it in about the middle of the range between the cheapest and most expensive LED head lights.
2. The swivel for the rotating light head is quire stiff, so no worries that vibration from walking will cause it to gradually change position. It will stay where you set it.
3. The diffuser works better than I had expected. It spreads the light nice and even. With the diffuser in place, the light works well for reading.
4. The headband is comfortable and adjustable to a wide range of head sizes. It might not be capable of adjusting small enough to fit a child under about age 10.
5. The curvature and padding of the front of the battery case are a good design. I am not aware of the battery case pressing on the back of my head (no sharp corners or protrusions).
6. The clip that secures the battery loading door is a good design. It has no protrusions to get snagged on things, and locks very securely. I had to use a coin to open it, so no worries that it will pop open on it's own.
7. The white LED is far more powerful than I expected (this is the first single-LED light I have owned). It throws a beam strong enough to see obstacles on the ground at least 20 feet away. I bought this light primarily for hiking at night and I think it will do that job quite well. The "low" setting is only a little less bright than the "full" setting.
8. The Red LED is very nice. It throws enough light to read 10 point text easily at three feet, without ruining your night vision. Red light is absorbed by green leaves but reflects brightly off of other colored objects, so it would also be handy to find an object (tools, coins, car keys, etc) dropped at night into green vegetation.
9. The green LED is said to be useful for "pipe inspection", but I am not sure what they mean by this. The actual color of this green LED is unpleasent and somehow harsh to me, so I don't expect I will use it much. This is probably some peculiarity of my own vision and would likely not bother most other people.
10. There are two press/click switches, one for the white LED and the other for the red and green. These feel like reasonably good quality components.
The one obvious downside of this product is that the very powerful 70 lumen LED demands a lot of battery power. The three "AA" alkalines that were supplied with the light are supposed to run the white LED for about 11 hours. This is far less than the 100+ hours that my 9-LED flashlight from Harbor Freight Tools will run on 4 "AA" alkalines. For a backpacking trip lasting more than one weekend, this level of battery consumption is probably unacceptable, and you would be better off with a low-power LED light, as long as you only need it for short range illumination.
SUMMARY: For users needing a long-range head lamp for hiking at night or lighting up large spaces, this product seems to be well built for it's price point and will probably be enough light for almost anybody's needs. Just keep in mind that it's battery consumption is much higher than most other regular (non-CREE) LED lights. I have only had this product for a week, so no idea yet how it will hold up in the long run. Will post an update in about 6 months, or sooner if problems crop up before then.
UPDATE: Sept. 2, 2013. I have had this product for a year and it has served very well. It is very comfortable to wear - the weight of the 3-cell battery pack is well distributed and not uncomfortable. The white CREE led provides plenty of illumination out to at least 15', even on the "low" setting, so it's a very nice light for hiking in the dark, or working on your car at night. The red LED is much dimmer so not as good for night hikes as the white, but red protects your night vision, so it's useful to have it. I have rarely used the green LED. It's brighter than the red led, but the particular shade of green somehow makes me a little queezy: it's like the color you might imagine a decomposing corpse would have.
UPDATE: November 2015: Still working perfectly! I use this light every time I go camping, which is three or four times a year, and at least once a month when I need to do something outdoors at night around the house. I'm actually thinking of buying another one now, before the manufacturer quits making it, as a backup, so that when the one I have eventually breaks, I'll have another one. I really like this headlamp, and it's getting increasingly more difficult to find small LED lights that use "AA" instead of "AAA" batteries.
This headlamp is heavier than most headlamps and most ideal for hardhats or other cover. But the over-head strap fits well, taking pressure from around the temples where most headlamps lay against. The rear battery pack provides for even distribution of weight, so that the straps don't fall down the forehead. This is where the weight is, in the back, taking less weight up front.
There is a bright white light, a dimmer white light, and a red and green light. It takes some getting used to pressing the buttons on top for the perfect light, and the light itself is NOT flexible. The beam shines straight ahead and not downward. This is great for dark locations as the bright beam spreads out enough, but not ideal for those wanting light up close for reading. (For that I'd suggest a lighter, less bright light).
This lamp takes three AA batteries.
UPDATE June 6, 2015: I found my flashlight after not using it for several years. The original Energizer batteries were still working!
For me a unique application for this headlight is is for observation and photography of hummingbirds that come to my feeder. My first CREE LED spotlight is on a Joby GorillaPod that I put on a tripod and requires careful pointing because of it's narrow beam. This headlight mounted spot means with just a twist of my head I can highlight a bird just outside of the broad light coverage I get from two 126 LED lite banks. Overall the brightness of my setup can't compete with bright sun, so it's around dusk when the birds come in for a nightcap that I get spectacular lit close-up eyeball to eyeball views of the tiny birds and still photos and both regular HD and also HD 3D video. AWESOME!
Unfortunately now all THREE Energizer Hard Case Pro bright white CREE LEDs failed. The first after about 8 hours use as it dimmed and developed a yellow spot in the center. The replacement Amazon quickly sent was very weak out of the box. I'm very disappointed as when this headlight works correctly I LOVE IT! The third is due to arrive tomorrow. Fingers are crossed hoping third will be the "charm!"
The third try has me very frustrated I WANT ONE of these that WORKS! It lasted only shortly past the first set of included AA's then like the others it went dim with a ugly yellow spot mid beam. It's gotta GO BACK!