- Audible Audiobook
- Listening Length: 2 hours and 53 minutes
- Program Type: Audiobook
- Version: Unabridged
- Publisher: Gildan Media, LLC
- Audible.com Release Date: December 19, 2008
- Whispersync for Voice: Ready
- Language: English
- ASIN: B001OAAUNC
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
The Energy Bus: 10 Rules to Fuel Your Life, Work, and Team with Positive Energy Audible Audiobook – Unabridged
|New from||Used from|
|Free with your Audible trial|
$14.95/mo after 30 days. Cancel anytime
Sold and delivered by Audible, an Amazon company
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Jon Gordon writes about positive and negative energy in this parable, The Energy Bus.
The books begins with our main character George having a rough start to his week. His children are out of control, the family dog jumps up on his suit, he remembers his car needs to go in the shop, and his wife cannot drive him to work so he has to take the #11 bus and he has a major work presentation due in two weeks and his team is in disarray. His life is filled with negative energy and he's in a downward spiral.
George learns that his car is going to be down for a bit so he winds up taking the #11 bus over the next two weeks where he learns some valuable lessons that turn his life around. During the two weeks he learns the 10 rules of the bus;
1 - You're the driver of your bus.
2 - Desire, vision, and focus move your bus in the right direction.
3 - Fuel your ride with positive energy.
4 - Invite people on your bus and share your vision for the road ahead.
5 - Don't waste energy on those who don't get on your bus.
6 - Post a sign that says, "no energy vampires allowed" on your bus.
7 - Enthusiasm attracts more passengers and energizes them during the ride.
8 - Love your passengers.
9 - Drive with purpose.
10 - Have fun and enjoy the ride.
The book is about mindset and bringing positive energy. It reminds us that we have a choice every day with our attitude and outlook. We really need to be mindful because energy is infectious and in both directions. A negative person can be a cancer in our lives and destroy a good environment. Don't let these vampires on your bus!
Amazon gives this one a 4.7 after 1,287 reviews. Goodreads gives it a 3.84 rating after 6,219 ratings and 749 reviews. This is my 3rd Jon Gordon book and he brings a good message but it's at a fairly low level and these books are but an hour to two max reading time. I was torn between a 3 or a 4 and decided on a 4 because of the positive message.
#FridaysFind #MIAGD #TheEnergyBus #JonGordon #PositiveEnergy #TheLawOfConservation #10Rules
1) You're the driver of your bus
2) Desire, vision, and focus move your bus in the right direction
3) Fuel your ride with positive energy (negative energy is friction)
4) Invite people on your bus and share your vision for the road ahead
5) Don't waste your energy on those who don't get on your bus
6) Post a sign that says no energy vampires allowed on your bus (get rid of the malcontents)
7) Enthusiasm attracts more passengers and energizes them for the ride
8) Love your passengers by giving them your time, listening, recognition, service - work to bring out the best in them
9) Drive with purpose
10) Have fun and enjoy the ride
1) Easy to read, can finish in one 2 hour sitting
2) Initially comes off as "too cute" but author manages to pull you in with a simple but powerful message with some basic plays in a ground game that can win
3)Applicable to all ages from teenager on up
4)If you like parables, you'll love the story's messages. If not, you'll wonder why you didn't just jump to the excellent outline recap in the back of the book.
5) This story reminds me of the famous Albert Einstein quote: "Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." The author succeeds in taking a frustratingly easy trap to fall into with a simple and effective path forward.
Two of my favorite excerpts:
"The goal is not to be better than anyone else but rather be better than you were yesterday."
"Your positive energy and vision must be greater than anyone's and everyone's negativity. Your certainty must be greater than everyone's doubt. After all, George, there will always be the doubters who doubt, doubt and doubt and tell you you can't do this and you won't be able to accomplish that. They think that dreams were meant for others but not for people like you and them. And there will even be people who don't want you to succeed because it makes them see their own weaknesses and failures. So that's how important your positive energy is George. You can always kick people off your bus and you'll need to do that from time to time but just remember that there will always be more negative people who get on. And sometimes you will have an Energy Vampire on your bus like a boss or someone who you can't kick off. You got to deal with them. That's why you got to feed the positive dog and why you got to cultivate it every day and why we gave you the Energy Book. One day is not enough, George. It's got to be a habit. Positive energy is a like a muscle. The more you use it the stronger it gets. The stronger it gets the more powerful you become. Repetition is the key and the more you focus on positive energy the more it becomes your nature state. So when someone comes at you with negativity you will be able to respond with strength and positive energy."