Customer Reviews: Energy Film Glare Control Window Film 36-by-48-Inch
Amazon Vehicles Oct16 Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Electronics Holiday Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Halloween Candy Cozy Knits STEM Book 2 or More Hours of House Cleaning on Amazon pbskids pbskids pbskids  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 All-New Kindle for Kids Edition Leonard Cohen Shop Cycling on Amazon Fit for Fall Save on select BOB strollers, Car Seats & Accessories

on September 12, 2011
I have a really sunny living room with somewhat sheer shades. I love all the sun that comes in, but I recently noticed sun damage (fading) to some books and artwork (yikes!). I think this will do the trick. The window film is very easy to install. It goes on the inside of your windows and sticks using static cling (rather than any adhesives), making removal easy as well. I agree with a previous reviewer that a credit card is more effective for bubble removal than the included squeegee. It provides nice glare reduction (like a pair of sunglasses) while still letting in the cheery sunlight! Highly recommended!
on June 20, 2011
My wife and I bought this and put it up. It is pretty decent for something that is not done by a professional. The good thing is that you don't have to worry about adhesives and all the junk. The bad thing is that it is not air tight against the window in the the corners. Solution is to get some clear insulation tape and put it on the corners.

Now is the super positive news, it KEEPS the sun heat to a reasonable level which is quite extraordinary. Our room faced the setting sun and it killed us with the heat and excessive warmth that would raise our room temperature to excesses of 100 degrees on a 80 degree day and that was with good blinds and thermal curtains.

With the help of this treatment, it made a drastic difference that is unbelievable.

For the price, this is GREAT stuff.
on April 5, 2011
We used the Gila window film last time we installed this type of product and it was messy and hard to work with. The Artscape was completely different. Went up easy and best of all quickly! Would recommend.
on March 24, 2013
Fantastic; this stuff went up easily, and all it took was a quick water cleaning with one wet washcloth/dry wipe, and a 2nd wipe-down with a WET washcloth, leaving behind some simple water. It went up EASY and has stayed up, perfectly (and I live in Phoenix, Arizona) with NO peeling at the corners, etc. My father had bought the 'Gila' brand for his place... He gave me what he didn't use up to finish my job (which I had started with the Artscape listed here) and I hated it. I can see why he didn't finish. Pick up this brand - much, much easier and enjoyable. A NOTICABLE difference in the heat reduction through my windows and the surrounding area.
on June 16, 2011
I was looking for glare and sun protection for my family room, and because we have large multi angled windows that face the southwest the glare and the heat were unbearable. I read the reviews for this product and it sounded great. It was, and it was easy to install. This product was easy to cut, it helped to read the reviews and to get other peoples opinions. Make sure to tape the film down first before cutting and to use a sharp utility knive. Also I found that using a credit card instead of the squeegy was much easier in removing the water. This product has made a huge difference we are enjoying the comfort of our family room.
on March 9, 2012
This film is easy to work with and looks great. The film itself is fairly thick (you won't have to worry about tearing it) and it's covered on one side by an even thicker protective plastic layer that comes off just prior to installation. Color is what you would expect based on the product picture. Despite having no adhesive, it seems to seal very securely. In fact, I have it on one pane of glass that has an interior decal on it. The tint sealed right over it with no trouble. One thing I wish I would have done is run a microfiber cloth over the windows after cleaning them with glass cleaner to get the remaining dust / fibers off. The main thing that disturbs a nice clean look is little bits of dust and debris that get trapped between the window and the film.
on August 10, 2011
These are perfect for blocking the West sun in my house. Yes, they have a tint and I gave 4 rather than 5 as mine have some bubbles that I am to lazy to squeeze out again. But they go up in a flash and are completely removable. I can tell the room is markedly cooler with these on the windows. For the price they are hard to beat!
on May 31, 2013
I bought this tint last summer to place on a window that received a lot of summer sun and, thus, heated the room considerably. Unfortunately, this wasn't just any window: it was a skylight. This film wasn't impossible to install, but it was very difficult, especially without the assistance of another person. Still, I managed to do it (and even managed to take it down during the winter and put it back up in preparation for this summer). I imagine installing it on a normal window is a lot easier, but even on my skylight, I just cleaned the window, sprayed it lightly with water and a small amount of dissolved dish soap, applied the film, and smoothed it out with the edge of a card (or, my second time around, the edge of a very strong and sturdy small box I had)--several times in my case, as it kept falling (and I cheated by using double-sided window kit tape to hold some of it up), but, again, I don't think you'd have this problem on a normal window. Last year, I got most of the bubbles out. This year I was so happy to get it on I didn't even care, but if I can get someone to help me I might try to smooth it out a bit more. Again, I think a regular window would be much better.

My impression is that this product reduced the amount of heat entering my living room and consequently saved me some energy costs in the summer. (I'm sure it would also help reduce fading on UV-sensitive furniture or other materials given it's 98% UV-blocking effectiveness; I don't have that issue.) On a regular window, this may also provide some daylight privacy. I won't knock this product down for my installation issues, because they are clearly unique to my situation and most people with normal windows appear to be fine. This product has been great for me in every other way.

This year, I added tint to another window, a regular window this time. In order to compare different products, I decided to try the Gila CS78 Window Film, Smoke, 36-Inch by 6-1/2-Feet. The Gila is more of a blue-ish gray than this product, which I'd consider more of a brown-ish gray. The Gila is also cheaper per square inch. They're both static cling (not adhesive), so removal is fairly simple and installation is about the same. Besides the slight color difference, it looks like the Gila has a slightly darker tint, but it's also not quite as crystal clear as this film. (You can probably install this one on a window and, if the job is good enough, not notice it. I can tell the Gila is there, but it's not all that blurry as I was worried about from some reviews.) One of the edges on my Gila was also zig-zag cut at the factory, whereas this product had all straight edges. I have no zig-zag windows, so this product was more convenient in that regard. The Gila also had only a paper backing, whereas this product has both a paper backing and protective clear plastic layer (which you can remove, but I had no problems leaving on, and it makes it easier to take it off the window, roll it up, and store it without it bunching together).

I think this product is great, but if you're trying to decide between it and the Gila, I'd consider how much you care about any of the following: tint (this = light and brown-ish gray, Gila = darker and blue-ish gray), price (this one is a bit more expensive, at least at the moment), size (the Gila is longer and they apparently stopped selling the longer version of this film), and clarity (this one is crystal clear but some report a slight blur with the Gila). I think both are easy to apply, and I like the convenience and versatility of static cling rather than adhesive application, which you'll find on both.
on March 19, 2013
I bought this for a large kitchen window that is on the south side of my house. I have a beautiful red console that I didn't want to start fading cause of the sun pouring in, since I don't have blinds or shade, but white linen curtains to see outside. It was easy to install, just lightly spray with water, and don't use credit cards to remove the bubbles, your hands will do the trick. I love the soft lighting it provides.
on May 4, 2013
Great energy saving and glare reduction product. I am disappointed that the larger size has been discontinued. Neverthreless, the product deserves a 5 star rating. I am looking forward to the availabilitty of the larger (48 x 96 inch) size, even if it is via special order.