Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 57 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 85 reviews
on June 8, 2015
Good solid speaker bar for the price. The Klipsch Powerbar is a big step up from TV speakers. I am a professional mixer and sound designer for TV and film. So what follows is what my trained ears hear, and how I control and compensate the Powerbar settings to match different programs and movies.

TV mixing as an art, and it's not always well done. The same is true for film mixing. Most films are mixed for big theaters with surround sound. When a DVD is listened to in stereo, it is all the theatrical sound folded down into a stereo image. In many cases it's done without much attention paid to the folded mix, and in many cases the dialog is unintelligible unless EQ'd. If you've got a big flat screen, then you know how little and awful sounding most TV speakers are, bad TV or film mixing just makes the TV Speakers sound worse. The Klipsch Powerbar is definitely better than those, by a wide margin.

The 3D setting on the Klipsch is not actually 3D, but rather lower frequency and a wider stereo image. It sounds rather nice on most TV material, for example, on something big… like Game of Thrones. For this, add the Sub setting. The Sub setting is not actually a Subwoofer, but it adds a slight amount of low end to the 3D setting. It's not big. But its a nice addition when you use the 3D setting.

These changes that I make to the Klipsch Powerbar are usually in response to how the program I'm watching sounds. If I turn off the Sub, and the 3D, and go to the normal setting. It's because I can't hear the dialog. Same goes for the other settings mentioned here.

The normal speaker setting, (3D and Sub off) is a narrowing of the wider stereo image of the 3D mode. The normal setting gives you a rather flat high frequency, center image. This is a useful setting whenever the 3D mode sounds awful. This is usually not the fault of the Klipsch, but rather, is caused by bad mixing on the part of TV engineers. When you have to turn the 3D mode off, it is usually because the background recording, gunfire, car chase scenes, and music are mixed so loud, that you can't hear the dialog. Normal mode with the Sub setting off is great for clarifying dialog. But it does sound a bit pinched, but audible.

One other thing to take note of with flat screen TV's You'll notice that some of these TV's have almost no border around the screen. Where are the speakers? The answer is, they are behind the TV pointing toward your wall. This is the worst way to hear sound. It's reflected back off the wall. If you have the tv with curtains behind it, then most of the sound is absorbed by curtains. Your sound will be muffled.
This is why a Speaker Bar System is so important to add to your tv. The sound is out in front, and fairly controllable.

I looked at, and listened to quite a few Speaker Bar, Subwoofer setups in a big box store. Most bargain kits were not worth the investment. I found that if you are willing to spend over $1200.00 for a system, you will get that "blow you away" theatrical experience. But even of the expensive system, I only heard a couple the blew me away. The one that made the biggest impression on me awl a huge 7 speaker system. all the speakers were in the speaker bar except the standalone sub. Pretty pricey! But those for us less with not so deep pockets, the Klipsch Powerbar is a very nice alternative.
on February 10, 2014
I've had this soundbar for 6 months now and I'm happy with it's performance. I did a ton of research and listened to quite a few different soundbars prior to ordering this one. In case you didn't know, Energy is a division of Klipsch so you're getting a similar product without the hefty pricetag.

I mainly use this for listening to music from the cable box and watching TV and I have no complaints. I would definitely buy again.
on July 23, 2017
Great sound for movies and music. I would buy it again for a bedroom tv... I would spend a little more in a home theater room. Way better than the TV speakers for sure!! I would also probably go with something bluetooth capable next time.
on August 28, 2013
I bought this to go with my little 32" tv for the upstairs guest bedroom. The volume on the tv wasn't very loud and needed a boost. Simple install using the fiber optic cable and setting the tv remote to change the volume was pretty simple. What I didn't think about at the time was that if I set up the volume on my tv remote, when I push the volume up button it turns up both the tv and power bar volume. I just used a tiny piece of paper and tape to block the tv sensor so it would only turn up the volume on the power bar. IF you have one of them fancy multiple component remotes this shouldn't be a problem for you.

The sound is great for the room, the built in sub hits for bass but its not like them young-ins driving around with sound systems in their car making your house shake. It is a very light hint of bass, but good enough for guests who want to be able to hear the tv from their bed without having to turn the tv speakers to 100% and stop breathing to hear something.

I'm happy with this purchase, it didn't cost an arm and a leg and does what its suppose to do. Can't complain one bit.
on March 17, 2017
Shipped me a defective product...no remote and no sound when plugged in
on January 6, 2015
The sound bar never worked correctly. The sound would cutout if the volume was raised to moderate levels. The power to the bar would require a reset because it stopped responding to the remote. The customer service from the manufacturer is the worst I have ever experienced. I opened two support tickets approximately 2 weeks apart and have yet to receive a response. I also called the support department and after 2 hours on hold gave up. My advice is to stay away from this manufacturer. Lousy in every respect!!
on January 7, 2015
Pretty much worthless.Sounds terrible. When it works it sounds like it is filtered thru a tin can. Built in Subwoofer is basically a joke. No customer service. You know your in trouble when you know more about the product than tech support does. Its no mystery why BMW has chosen JBL for car sound systems and Porsche has chosen Bose. Klipsh once a proud leader in acoustics now just manufactures junk. Avoid Klipsch products or suffer the peril.
on May 11, 2016
Very Good Sound Bar...No need of additional sub-woofer. I connected to my TV using optical cable and can play music from my mobile using RCA. Both cables were included in the package. This sound bar has made very big improvement in sound quality of my living room TV.
on January 20, 2016
Excellent value for the money. I bought it as a gift for a friend. And after listening to it for a while it made me wonder if I really needed the 5:1 speakers and subwoofer set-up taking up all that space in my TV room.
on August 9, 2013
I ordered this the other day from Amazon and was so impressed with Amazon's shipping service as it arrived the very next day INTERNATIONALLY!

This product is exactly what I was looking for. Amazon is selling it at an EXTREMELY low price of $150. It is made by a world renowned company Klipsch which has been in business since 1946. Furthermore, the speaker is very compact for a soundbar at 30 inches and is an all-in-one, taking up minimal space as it does not require a separate subwoofer.

The sound is EXCELLENT!!!! The sound is crisp and clear, voices on TV as well as music played from an iphone.

I had trouble programming the cable remote with this unit as it will only allow the cable remote to control the mute button, and using the cable remote through the speaker which is supposed to allow the signal from the remote to pass through the unit, worked only once or twice but now the unit for some reason will not allow the remote signal from the cable remote to pass through it to turn the tv on and off. Fortunately, though it comes with a small remote which works fine.

Other than this, the product is quite perfect for my needs, a tv speaker for my small living room.

You should not expect surround sound from this speaker as you will be disappointed. Definitely though you will enjoy excellent sound especially compared to the horrible sound from today's tv internal speakers.

Definitely this speaker is a winner!!!!!