- Hardcover: 231 pages
- Publisher: DoubleDigit Sales Inc. (October 1, 2013)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0992077109
- ISBN-13: 978-0992077105
- Package Dimensions: 8.6 x 5.6 x 0.8 inches
- Shipping Weight: 14.4 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 6 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #1,921,859 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Other Sellers on Amazon
Engage Me: Strategies from the Sales Effectiveness Source Hardcover – October 1, 2013
The Amazon Book Review
Author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more. Read it now
Kevin Higgins is a smart man, full of exceptional insights that will help you and your firm win. Read Engage Me. Apply his ideas. And lead your field. --Robin Sharma, #1 Bestselling Author of The Leader Who Had No Title and Founder of robinsharma.com
In today's world, selling is both art and science, and the challenges are enormous from how to get the attention of a prospect to how to add value in transformational ways. In Engage Me, Kevin Higgins lays out really practical and insightful strategies for how your Sales Leaders can drive their teams to success. --Diane Hessan, President and CEO, Communispace, Author of Customer Centered Growth
Engage Me is a must-read for sales executives and leaders. In this practical how to book, Higgins provides crucial insights, as well as a toolkit of techniques to get peak performance from your salespeople. --Gerhard Gschwandtner, Founder & CEO, Selling Power
About the Author
Kevin Higgins is CEO of DoubleDigit Sales, a world-class sales training organization. He takes pride in his great team and the sales performance improvements they help to make in their clients organizations. Over the past two decades, Kevin has trained thousands of sales managers from Fortune 500 companies, including American Express, BlackRock, BMO,Disney, Expedia, Honda, HSBC, iShares, JTI, Manulife, Pfizer, SAS, Sun Life, Scotiabank, TD Bank and 3M. An internationally recognized consultant and public speaker on selling, sales management and learning effectiveness, his passion for lifelong learning is well known and he is respected in the training industry as a business person working in training, not a training person trying to figure out business. Kevin lives in Toronto with his wife, Sonny. He is an avid cottager who enjoys waterskiing, wakesurfing, mountain biking and snowboarding, period.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Higgins walks the reader step-by-step through the process of creating a fully engaged, not to mention competent, sales team. I especially liked:
- The emphasis on values and the "Culture A to Z" list (excellent suggestions for building the right culture with the right values, with no pompous theorizing)
- The sections on coaching and feedback
- The how-to's for sales meetings (love the ideas for icebreakers; also the "staying on time" methods--a man after my own heart!)
- The process for one-on-ones (wish I'd had this 15 years ago ...)
- The differences between deal managers and sales managers
- The down-to-earth advice about performance reviews
- The many personal examples, drawn from Higgins' company Fusion Learning
The entire book will be valuable to sales leaders. But what I really liked is that it's also valuable to me as a NON-sales leader. Although Higgins frames most of his advice in terms of building a sales force, 90 percent of it will be equally relevant to managers outside the sales realm, whether they be small business owners or managers in larger organizations.
We all want a fully engaged, confident, competent team, and this book is a solid, specific guide to making it happen.