Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals HPC Oprah's Book Club Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc August Greene All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon victoriaS2 victoriaS2 victoriaS2  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18PP_gno

Showing 1-10 of 21 reviews(5 star, Verified Purchases). See all 34 reviews
on June 11, 2015
I've only had this cooler for about a month but wow is it a nice unit. First of all, yes the price definitely hurts but it is extremely well made and thought out. Say goodbye to ice! I use it in a very harsh shop environment and it keeps beer ice cold. The temperature control works extremely well. The unit is heavy so I would minimize moving it around. But if you think about the weight of a comparable Yeti with ice, it's really nothing to lose sleep over. The handles are also well designed and feel solid to me. It includes mobile and AC power cords. The power draw has been very low. While it is running I put an amp clamp on it and came up with 77 watts. That is tough to beat. I'll update the review as I use it longer.
on July 13, 2017
I have been an owner of this refrigerator for a little over a year. I have it running in my custom, camper van. It's built like a tank and has never given me any issues. I keep the setting a little after the 1. Anything past that, especially around the 3 area and everything freezes. I never hear anything. I runs quiet as a mouse. I don't know if that's because of the unit, or because I have crappy hearing. I'm glad I bought this larger size, as I can put a lot more food and drink in it. Because it's really the only thing I run in my van on a continuous basis, because of it's very minimal amp draw, I can parallel for days without having to recharge my batteries. I have a bank of 4, six volt, in parallel, which put out 450 or so ah. The Engle MT45F is an excellent investment.
on December 17, 2011
Over the years I had several portable freezers/refigerators,in various sizes, mostly Norcold brand. We use them on trips to and from our house in Mexico, where we spend 6 weeks at a time. This MT45F-U1 is my first Engel purchase, and it went on its first trip right after we received it. All I can say is, that this unit meets and exceeds all my expectations. It gets cold very fast on 12 or 110 volt. The humming noise which some other users mentioned, in my view, is not worth mentioning, it is hardly noticable. The unit is built very rugged and is of excellent quality.
Amazon came through on price and delivery. I needed the unit fast, as my old freezer gave out 3 days before my trip. I paid a few dollars extra for expedided delivery and received the unit as promised by Amazon and their supplier, even though it came all the way across the country. This made me a very "happy camper"

I can highly recomend this Engel freezer/refrigerator and Amazon.
on March 3, 2015
I use this cooler during the work week from spring to fall to provide food and drinks for my crew. It works great! I have it positioned behind the driver's seat of my pickup and I can hear it hum when it's running, but the radio easily downs it out. I've used it with an isolated battery as well as the trucks main battery. I've never had an issue with running down the isolated battery. When running on the trucks battery alone I haven't had a problem letting it run overnight without the truck running. If I'm going to be parked much longer than that I try to plug it into 110V.
on July 5, 2016
So far, so good. Light enough to remove and clean. Takes quite a while to get down to temp, but at 1 amp draw, that's to be expected. This unit even began accumulating some frost on the inside walls. Great performance, so far. Also, I live in the New England area, and the temps were probably around 85F when I last used it. The compressor runs fairly frequently, but I think the insulation is sufficient for the size of the unit. Again, at about 1 amp, it's not going to be a dealbreaker for those running on even modest solar setups.
on October 1, 2017
Works amazing! HOWEVER it does not use .8 amps as advertised I have connected it to my amo reader for power draw and I have never gotten it to use any less than 2 amps, that being said it only kicks very rarely perhaps 8 times an hour for a minute or 2 at a time. I would say it is worth it if you are really trying to get the most off your batterys
on June 10, 2014
I purchased this freezer for a couple of reasons. One being the high reviews that Engel got elsewhere and the low power requirements of it's compressor. Also, it fit in the space I had in the custom camping van I built for living/travel. You can barely hear it run which is a plus too.
on December 17, 2017
Absolutely the best on the market. Freezes or keeps cold. We own 2 for our trips. One for frozen items and one for refrigeration.
Stays cold for a long time without being powered.
on February 1, 2010
It's tought, reliable, very low energy consumption, it freeze! for me is the best mate in outdoor.
on June 7, 2014
Love it.
Freezes or refrigerates you choose.
Unlike a cooler, food stays dry and not buried under ice.
Fits perfectly in the boat too.
We connected a solar panel to the battery and seems to keep that battery charged each trip.