Truck Reviews Beauty Warlight Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

The English Breakfast Murder (A Tea Shop Mystery)
Format: Mass Market Paperback|Change

on September 8, 2016
In this fourth book in the tea shop series by Laura Child's, Theodosia Browning starts off simply enough by volunteering at the hatching of the loggerhead turtles. She has joined her baker, Haley, and they have provided gumbo and scones to warm up the volunteers and of course tea. Drayton who did not want to join them originally shows up with a second pot of soup just when Haley and Theo are afraid that they will run out.
Theo persuaded Drayton to take a look at the turtles and that is when she sees the sea weed entangled body floating off shore. It was very disturbing for Theo who went out to check to see if it was indeed a body but even worse for Drayton who recognized the body of his friend, Harper Fisk.

Harper Fisk was a member of the Breakfast Club, a self-proclaimed group of old farts who met and discussed their passions. Two of them had shops in the historic district, one was retired Navy, and the other was a professor of aquatic archaeology. In addition to running the Indigo Tea Shop, trying to solve Harper Fisk's murder, juggling a relationship, shooting promos for a Charleston tv talk show and being at Delaine beck and call for Fashion Bash, Theo also has to deal with Delaine's kleptomaniac sister, Nadine. Of course our old pal Detective Tidwell is back to see that justice prevails.

I still enjoy the cozy format and the quirky characters.i think that people who enjoy cozy mysteries and tea would enjoy this series.
2 people found this helpful
on April 14, 2018
Laura Childs has quickly become one of my favorite cozy authors, and I always look forward to reading her Tea Shop mysteries. The book has a languid pace that I find relaxing, and the characters – main and peripheral – are well drawn and entertaining. I also appreciate the knowledge that's shared about tea and all of the wonderful foods paired with it in the Indigo Tea Shop. All in all, a lovely read.
on March 30, 2016
I have yet to find one of this series that I don't like! The characters have dimension, and it's fun to "meet them again" and watch them develop further, whenever I get to read another in the series.
on April 8, 2018
Great book that I read while in the hospital
on September 25, 2017
Her books are always interesting, love the tea shop idea.
on June 17, 2013
I always like the characters in Ms. Childs' books, and these felt like 'old friends'. I was disappointed the book was not available to read on my Kindle, however. I think that was the only 'down' side for me. Otherwise, the plot was interesting and a little unpredictable, as to who was the culprit, which is always fun. I enjoyed it very much.
on July 20, 2017
Nothing like Laura Child's Tea Shop Mysteries! SLURP!
on March 19, 2014
The good news is it did arrive and I still gave it away as a present. It was the first in a series of books about a Charleston Tea Shop and I loved all the stories. I plan to give one or two of the books by Laura Childs to my Mom whenever there is an occasion for a present. The next time I order one, I will use a quicker shipping method.
Mom loves the stories.
on October 23, 2017
Good mystery, as usual, getting to know characters.
on January 28, 2018
My husband said it was a great book. Hasnt read unrated book yet. Laura Childs is my book I will read it soon