From the Back Cover
Speak with ease, write with confidence, and release your fears!
Avoid speech blunders and grammar foul-ups with this friendly, practical guide!
Sick of people correcting your grammar all the time? Relax! Let expert Geraldine Woods show you the way. From pronouns, participles, and parallel structure to adjectives, verbs, and tenses, this friendly guide will put the joy back into "proper" speaking and writing — without bogging you down in a boring list of rules.
Discover how to:
- Avoid common grammatical errors
- Use proper punctuation
- Conjugate verbs and get tenses right
- Say exactly what you mean
- Decide when to use slang
- Become an effective proofreader
- Explanations in plain English
- "get in, get out" information
- Icons and other navigational aids
- Tear-out cheat sheet
- Top ten lists
- A dash of humor and fun
Get Smart! www.dummies.com
- Sign up for daily eTips at www.dummiesdaily.com
- Choose from among 33 different subject categories
- Get news you can use on everything from money to health to computers