- Paperback: 308 pages
- Publisher: Pearson Education ESL; 2 edition (July 24, 2004)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0131115960
- ISBN-13: 978-0131115965
- Product Dimensions: 7.9 x 0.7 x 9.9 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.2 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 51 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #157,005 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
English Pronunciation Made Simple (with 2 Audio CDs) (2nd Edition) 2nd Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
The Amazon Book Review
Author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more. Read it now
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
From the Back Cover
With a friendly writing style and abundant illustrations, Pronunciation Made Simple (formerly English Pronunciation for International Students) helps students understand and achieve the pronunciation patterns of native English speakers. Appropriate for both classroom use and self-study, this confidence-building text motivates students to practice their skills outside the classroom.
Pronunciation Made Simple includes separate sections on vowels, consonants, and stress, rhythm and intonation, breaking down the components of native-like pronunciation to assist students in grasping both pieces and patterns.
- Practical hints build confidence and help students use English spelling patterns as a guide to correct pronunciation.
- Abundant mouth illustrations provide a clear path to better pronunciation.
- A variety of listening, reading, and conversational activities offer comprehensive practice with sounds as they occur in words, common phrases, and sentences.
Browse award-winning titles. See more