- Paperback: 308 pages
- Publisher: Pearson Education ESL; 2 edition (July 24, 2004)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0131115960
- ISBN-13: 978-0131115965
- Product Dimensions: 7.8 x 0.6 x 9.8 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.2 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 52 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #131,898 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
English Pronunciation Made Simple (with 2 Audio CDs) (2nd Edition) 2nd Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and Amazon Prime.
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
"Enlightenment Now: The Case for Reason, Science, Humanism, and Progress"
Is the world really falling apart? Is the ideal of progress obsolete? Cognitive scientist and public intellectual Steven Pinker urges us to step back from the gory headlines and prophecies of doom, and instead, follow the data: In seventy-five jaw-dropping graphs, Pinker shows that life, health, prosperity, safety, peace, knowledge, and happiness are on the rise. Learn more
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
From the Back Cover
With a friendly writing style and abundant illustrations, Pronunciation Made Simple (formerly English Pronunciation for International Students) helps students understand and achieve the pronunciation patterns of native English speakers. Appropriate for both classroom use and self-study, this confidence-building text motivates students to practice their skills outside the classroom.
Pronunciation Made Simple includes separate sections on vowels, consonants, and stress, rhythm and intonation, breaking down the components of native-like pronunciation to assist students in grasping both pieces and patterns.
- Practical hints build confidence and help students use English spelling patterns as a guide to correct pronunciation.
- Abundant mouth illustrations provide a clear path to better pronunciation.
- A variety of listening, reading, and conversational activities offer comprehensive practice with sounds as they occur in words, common phrases, and sentences.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Most recent customer reviews
It is easy and simple to learn using this book. There are a lot of useful pronounciations. I used in college while taking ESL classes and it is truly helpful.