- Paperback: 224 pages
- Publisher: Jossey-Bass; 1 edition (May 25, 2007)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1933371293
- ISBN-13: 978-1933371290
- Product Dimensions: 6 x 0.5 x 9 inches
- Shipping Weight: 9.6 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 4 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #1,137,462 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Enhancing Learning through the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning 1st Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and Amazon Prime.
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you grow your business. Learn more about the program.
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
"If your goal is to improve your classroom teaching…look no further than these two books." (Teaching Theology and Religion, September 2008)
"This book offers a guide to the scholarship of teaching and learning for faculty, faculty development, administrators, and graduate students." (Journal of Continuing Higher Education, Fall 2007)
From the Back Cover
There has been growing demand for workshops and materials to help those in higher education conduct and use the scholarship of teaching and learning. This book offers advice on how to do, share, and apply SoTL work to improve student learning and development. Written for college-level faculty members as well as faculty developers, administrators, academic staff, and graduate students, this book will also help undergraduate students collaborating with faculty on SoTL projects. Though targeted at those new to the field of SoTL, more seasoned SoTL researchers and those attempting to support SoTL efforts will find the book valuable. It can be used as an individual reading, a shared reading in SoTL writing circles, a resource in workshops on SoTL, and a text in seminars on teaching.
- Defining SoTL
- The functions, value, rewards, and standards for SoTL work
- Working with colleagues, involving students, writing grants, integrating SoTL into your professional life, and finding useful resources
- Practical and ethical issues associated with SoTL work
- Making your SoTL public and documenting your work
- The status of SoTL in disciplinary and institutional contexts
- Applying the goals of SoTL to enhance student learning and development.