Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services _fof _fof _fof  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Shop Now STEMClub17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 14 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 18 reviews
on December 8, 2015
I've tried several recipes from this book and I can say without a doubt it's worth every penny. The cream of mushroom soup is so perfect for anyone on a diet or for people trying to get more magnesium in their diets for health reasons. The potato leek soup is another favorite here at my house.
on March 13, 2012
I love this cookbook. The soups are easy to make, healthy and very tasty. In general, I tend to add more of certain ingredients (like garlic, onion, etc) but in general, not much needs to be done other than follow the recipe. I have not tried all of them yet but I'm getting there. What is really nice is the fact that the soups are tasty and filling...never seeming to be "lite" or flavorless like many healthy recipes can be if they do not have enough seasoning or ingredients. For example, the cream of broccoli, while not thick or creamy has excellent flavor and a beautiful color (from spinach added just before blending!). And I am eating the Thai hot and sour soup w/shrimp as I type this. Outstanding.
on June 23, 2017
Fast delivery. Awesome price!
on February 16, 2015
So many recipes, but the only draw back is that there aren't any pictures.
on January 25, 2013
"Enlightened Soups" itself looks fine: interesting and healthy-looking recipes, but I'm seriously considering returning my Kindle edition. It's another example of how Kindle/Amazon has trouble formatting cookbooks for Kindle. Each chapter has a list of all the soups in that chapter, but the print is so tiny that people with less than perfect vision (like me) can't read it, and there is no way to enlarge the font size. Same goes for the otherwise handy indexes at the back of the book. Another problem is that at least two recipes (Cream of Mushroom Soup, and Bean and Bacon Soup) have been put in backwards: the name of the soup and introductory paragraph come a page *after* the ingredient list! In general, the recipes are poorly formatted: the name of the next soup comes at the bottom of the page for the previous recipe, which is confusing. Also, I must agree with Dr. Dawn that it's a shame the author didn't supply the amount of fibre in each recipe, but that's a problem with the book itself and not the Kindle format. So, 3 or 4 stars for the book itself, and one star for the Kindle edition!
on September 29, 2013
First, I am not a huge soup guy.. Well, I wasn't. I purchased the book to maybe see if there were one or two recipes in there that I could use for dinner on a cold night. I now have to carefully decide what soup to prepare, otherwise I may have to deal with the repercussions (every family member has their favorite). The recipes in this book exceeded my expectations. I honestly have not yet tried a soup that I didn't like.
I also found the book easy to navigate, with logical organization, and a very easy to use index.
on February 20, 2012
I've had this book for over a year. I can't say enough about how down to earth and DELICIOUS all these soups are. It's a practical book with taste that puts me over the top. There isn't one soup in here that I haven't loved.
on September 7, 2012
I bought this book to help my kitchen staff come up with ideas for our daily soup and, so far, every recipe they've used has been spot on even when we're increasing the recipe by 4 or 5 times. The prep times are accurate as well.
on December 8, 2015
Good recipes
on December 27, 2009
I LOVE Camilla! She's brilliant! Made the Black Bean Soup with Pumpkin, Lime & Chipotle last night. Absolutely awesome! Worth the price of the book. Can't wait to try other soups.