BCA Month Beauty Fall Reading Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums $69.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon drwho drwho drwho  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

Enough Said
Format: DVD|Change

on December 27, 2015
It was hard to choose 4 stars for this movie. I think of 4 stars as a great movie but on Amazon it's just okay. And this movie, overall, is just okay. Good acting and a potentially interesting story sidetracked by a need to turn the plot into a farce.

To clear away my personal bias I do find it hard to see Julia Louis-Dreyfus and not see Elaine from Seinfeld. So it took me a few minutes to really settle in to the movie. And then her character was okay- just not the most interesting character ever. The main flaw in casting her then becomes that midway through the movie they resort to a Seinfeld-like plot twist to keep the story going. And going. And Elaine emerged again as the movie desperately tries to keep what has now become a farce going until they felt it was time for the inevitable, sitcom-like moment of truth that lets the film head for the credits.

So did I love this movie? No. But it was hard not to like the characters and way they explore the idea that we are all imperfect people dealing with other imperfect people. The shame is it seemed like the writers or director didn't spend enough time figuring a way out of the situation they created. That's a shame because Gandolfini's last movie could have been a great one if they had.

I never really watched the Sopranos so that was not an issue for me when seeing Gandolfini. But even if I had seen his prior work I do think his performance was good enough to quickly see past his prior roles.
on October 7, 2014
Awww Love this movie. Each of the 2 main characters have daughters going to college and that is part of the story of two decent people who date and fall for one another and deal with some of the fears and fun of a relationship. It is a very worthwhile film to see because the acting is great and the dialogue is very real-not "Hollywood", not immature, not overly romanticized, but still romantic.

Warning; if you watch before your daughter (or son) goes to college, you will cry a lot-but that might be therapeutic. It was for me and my family.
on August 24, 2017
A slice of life movie that is a delight. James Gandolfini inhabits his character in that remarkable way the best of the best do, convincing you he is that character.
on February 18, 2014
I think if you have experienced divorce, this movie will probably resonate, and feel like it "gets it." Having never experienced divorce, I will say that it was amusing and in parts quite funny.

Some subplots felt like very-empty filler, and did nothing for the story. Julia Louis-Dreyfus' daughter seemed very distant, and there was no chemistry. The movie would have been just as good without her. Also, the subplot with the daughter's clingy friend was weird, and seemed forced.

Movie shows several different couples at very different stages of their relationships. Main characters are middle-aged comfortable divorcees, with shared custody of their respective kids, and a little hesitant to start over on a relationship. One sub-plot involves married friends whose relationship is unhealthy, and spiraling towards divorce. Another involves a borderline toxic friend who endlessly bad-mouths her ex-husband.
on August 4, 2017
Cute movie. Shows how complicated we make our own lives when if we simply told the truth at the moment everything would have been less stressful. Julia seems to make same facial expressions through out the movie but the acting by both is outstanding.
on February 7, 2015
I liked it. I am a big fan of James Gandolfini and of course him on The Sopranos so this movie blows my mind. He was a great actor to go from the character of Tony Soprano to this lovable non-violent and totally sane man. It's in the details where he shines. It's how he looks, his voice, what his eyes convey, his body language, and much more.
To me the best actors are those who can be different characters and make you believe they are totally different people. This isn't Tony Soprano in a date movie, it's Albert in Enough Said trying to make it work with Eva. He's funny, unsure of himself, jolly and very likable. If you don't believe me watch a season of Sopranos (which is FREE with Amazon Prime) and then watch this.
on March 12, 2014
I watched this movie for two reasons. One, to watch James Gandolfini in his very last film before he passed away. Two, to see Julia Louis-Dreyfus in a more serious, romantic role. She was pretty good. I found myself struggling with...was she bad at acting in this romantic lead role or was she really good at it. I decided she was really good at it because instead of her acting like the usual romantic leads you see where it doesn't seem realistic, she did a really good job at portraying someone in real life, if that makes any sense. James Gandolfini is magnificent and it's still heartbreaking that his life was cut so short. So talented and in this movie, you get to see a totally different side of him. He's sensitive, he's a dad, and he gets his heart broken. I wouldn't give this movie five stars, but I will give it a solid four and recommend watching it for the reasons I mentioned.
on January 17, 2014
I am thankful James Gandolfini had this perfect opportunity to act without the Tony Soprano accent. His death at such a young age is a real tragedy. He was a "one-of-a-kind" actor and person. Julia Louis-Dreyfus is a fantastic actor in her own right. I hope to see more of her in films. The story is so down-to-earth, true to the human experience, and touching. It is a delight.
on March 2, 2014
Since this is an obvious "chick movie," I think it's fair to say that at least one or more characters should be likeable, so you feel good rooting for a good guy, and feel extra good if the good guy is smiling at the end of the film. In this film, even though the acting is great, the script is fine, the story is okay... it's not a particularly fun movie to watch and by the end of the movie, you don't really care what happens.

Julia Louis-Dreyfus plays a divorced and single mom who spends a lot of her time fretting. James Gandolfini does the same. They meet, etc., etc., Midway through the story you can guess how it will end, but still, the acting is pleasant and it's not horrible to sit through. It's just when it's all over, you just turn off the TV and go to bed, feeling a little sad that James Gandolfini died so young.
on February 6, 2014
I, like many other people, watched this film specifically for James Gandolfini. I knew it wasn't going to be your typical rom-com (which is good, since I hate rom-coms) but other than that, I didn't know what to expect. As I was watching it, I found myself cringing in some places, due to the dialogue between Dryfuss and Gandolfini, and some of the awkward interactions. Then it dawned on me halfway through how brilliant the film is. Yes, there are moments of awkwardness, but aren't most relationships like that in the beginning? You are trying to figure each other out and get through those moments of "oh why did I just say that?" It is utterly honest in its depiction of new relationships and social interactions. It's not overblown, you don't want to gag over the mushiness of it. It's a romance movie for those who hate romance movies.