Amazon Vehicles Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB DG Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop now Shop Popular Services Moonlight Moonlight Moonlight  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now toystl17_gno

Format: Hardcover|Change

Showing 1-10 of 75 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 115 reviews
on September 13, 2016
Perhaps, John Bogle's best book. Bogle, founder of Vanguard Funds and the perfector index mutual fund has without a doubt opened a path for American investors to become wealthy by following his strategy of long term investing with very low cost investments.

Bogle is an American Saint even though many of us think of him as Prince Jack.
on February 12, 2015
I know this sounds cliched but if there is one financial book to read, this is it. If more people followed Bogle's approach many more people, who have had the opportunity to build wealth, would be financially secure. Instead of too many willingly and stupidly hand over their money to the many wolves of Wall Street or simply do not accept the necessity of deferring income.
Getting wealthy takes time and patience, but no luck or rocket science.
on March 31, 2017
Swedroe, Bernstein, Bogle, Larimore, Buffet. Get them. Then get online to the "Bogleheads forum", or Morningstar forum.
They are a must for personal investment finance for retirees and those working toward a healthy retirement.
on February 24, 2009
I have read all Mr Bogle's books on investing and also his previous critique of American business, The Battle for the Soul of Capitalism. I am also a very grateful and satisfied customer of Vanguard, so you can probably count me as a big fan of John Bogle.

To be honest, some of his books can come off a little bit preachy, though they are all very well written. I like his ideas and his style is just fine with me, it just may not be favored by everyone. This latest book refines and updates Bogle's life and business philosophy and does so in a bit less bombastic style, and the writing is sharper and even more effective than ever.

This is my new favorite, and I think his best book yet.

How great is that, to be still improving and refining your life's work at nearly eighty?
on March 18, 2017
I love this book, highly recommend for anyone who wants the best investment advice.
on April 18, 2016
A lovely book, filled with the wisdom of a wise man - and not just about investing. I gave it to my father for his birthday and he liked it, even though he's read a lot of books on investing.
on March 8, 2017
This is a good book and useful when thinking about planning long term for the future.
on March 12, 2017
great read
on September 26, 2009
... from a very wise man who knows when enough is enough! Mr. Bogle does an outstanding job of reminding us that avarice and mendacity have gotten us to where we are today at the expense of poor saps like you and me who continue to put up with the greedy [expletive deleted] who engineered this whole financial, social, and environmental mess in which we find ourselves today. His thoughts and insights are provocative and on the mark. We all need to ponder such questions as: Does traditional capitalism work? Is this a true democracy? Are we truly free, or are most of us really just slaves? Will our "leaders" ever step forth to solve the truly important issues in time to prevent humanity from destroying itself? When will most of us realize that enough is enough and convince our "leaders," with our votes and support, that this enough-is-enough concept must apply to America, the entire world, and the future of civilization? Will future generations judge us a failure or a success? I recommend this book to anyone who looks for answers to such probing questions, and who may have the energy, ability, and intelligence to work on finding answers -- and solutions -- before it's too late.
on March 16, 2017