Save Big On Open-Box & Pre-owned: Buy "Enslaved: Odyssey To The West - Xbox 360” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 33% off the $19.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Pre-owned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details
+ $3.99 shipping
About the Product
- A Cinematic Masterpiece: Featuring dramatic cutscenes co-directed by Andy Serkis, (Lord of the Rings, King Kong) who also plays the lead role of Monkey, portraying critical events that drive the story of Monkey and Trip
- Stunning Environments: Explore a beautiful, eerie world of war-ravaged cityscapes that have been reclaimed by nature and are fraught with danger at every turn
- Tactical Gameplay: Think on your feet! Survey the environment, work together with Trip and choose your path to battle through the perilous environmental and deadly enemy obstacles that await
- Engaging Storyline: Play through an original story co-written by famed novelist and screenwriter, Alex Garland
- Dynamic Combat System: Attack and defend with agile prowess using a combination of melee attacks, blocks and intense takedowns which allow Monkey to overtake an enemy to steal its weapon for his own use
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
From the Manufacturer
In Enslaved, players take on the role of Monkey, a strong and athletic, yet solitary figure, who been captured by one of the mysterious slave ships, which harvest the remaining population and take them out west never to return. Trip, a technologically savvy young woman who has also been imprisoned by the same ship, manages to escape. She quickly realizes that Monkey, with his raw strength and power, is her only hope to survive the perilous journey back to her home. She hacks into a slave headband and fits it on Monkey, linking them together – if she dies, he dies… Her journey has now become his and Monkey must now travel west alongside Trip as they traverse a demolished world, under constant threat of capture and mortal peril.
Enslaved is a premier adventure and gaming experience. Players will enjoy taking on the role of Monkey, utilizing a mix of combat, strategy and environmental traversal to ensure he and Trip survive the threats and obstacles that stand in the way of their freedom.
Key Game Features
- A Cinematic Masterpiece – Featuring dramatic cutscenes co-directed by Andy Serkis, (Lord of the Rings, King Kong) who also plays the lead role of Monkey, portraying critical events that drive the story of Monkey and Trip
- Stunning Environments – Explore a beautiful, eerie world of war-ravaged cityscapes that have been reclaimed by nature and are fraught with danger at every turn
- Tactical Gameplay - Think on your feet! Survey the environment, work together with Trip and choose your path to battle through the perilous environmental and deadly enemy obstacles that await
- Engaging Storyline - Play through an original story co-written by famed novelist and screenwriter, Alex Garland, (The Beach, 28 Days Later); Loosely inspired by the classic Chinese novel “Journey to the West,” experience the evolving relationship between Monkey and Trip through their plight for survival.
- Dynamic Combat System - Attack and defend with agile prowess using a combination of melee attacks, blocks and intense takedowns which allow Monkey to overtake an enemy to steal its weapon for his own use, rip the enemy apart piece by piece or destroy it in one satisfying final blow
Top Customer Reviews
Enslaved: Odyssey to the West takes place about 200 years or so after a nuclear holocaust in the United States. Vegetation is beginning to overtake structures and the world is beautiful in a despairing kind of way. You play as Monkey, a strong brute of a man who was captured by slavers and stored on a slave ship. In transit to wherever it is they were taking you, a girl breaks out of her cell and continues to sabotage the ship in her hasty attempt to get free and sets you loose. The ship is coming down and you need to make it to an escape pod. After some platforming, you eventually make it to the last escape pod, which is taken by the girl who caused the commotion. You hold on for dear life to the escape pod as she ejects and you land in a desolate NYC years after a nuclear war. Upon awaking, you find that the girl, named Trip, has fitted you with a slave headband that shocks you if you don't do her will. She can issue commands to you and you must do them for her. If she dies, you also die. So Monkey is a rough spot, but Trip isn't bad. She did this because she knows she would never get home without Monkeys brute strength.Read more ›
The game is set in a post-apocalyptic United States that has been overrun by vicious mechs. You play as a character named Monkey with awesome climbing and fighting abilities. With the "help" of female companion Trip, you escape a slave ship together. The gameplay involves solving puzzles and fighting mechs with your female companion throughout the game. Trip reminds me a lot of Elika from 2008's Prince of Persia. She is very helpful throughout the game, and although the game is one long escort mission she never gets in the way. The gameplay reminds me most of 2008's Prince of Persia, except the weapons are very different. The climbing in the game reminds me of both Prince of Persia and Uncharted 2.
The graphics are awesome! The scenery and character models are both very well done. The game world is extremely colorful and beautiful. The sound is also incredible. I really love the epic soundtrack. The voice acting is extremely well done and made me really care about the characters. Perhaps one of the best aspects of the game is the story. For me it's a tossup between Mass Effect 2, Alan Wake, and Enslaved: Odyssey to the West for best video game story of the year.
Don't take this game for granted. You need to play Enslaved: Odyssey to the West, especially if you enjoyed Uncharted 2 or Prince of Persia 2008. Really can't express enough how enjoyable this game is. On "Normal" settings the game took me about 10.5 hours to complete.Read more ›
The game itself is a mix of platforming and combat, coupled with occasional brief cutscenes. Combat is fluid and challenging. Monkey (the man on the game cover -- the character you control) battles primarily with a staff. Slow, strong moves, and fast, weaker moves can be chained together as well as other powered-up abilities you can acquire with the game's upgrade system. You can also use the staff to shoot at enemies from a distance. Thankfully, you usually have to apply some thought to battles as some enemies frequently block, others hit very hard, and others attack from a distance.
Visually, Enslaved is impressive. The environments are vibrant and detailed. Enslaved truly makes ruins and wasteland look beautiful. The music of Enslaved is just as great. It has a haunting orchestral feel at times which fits perfectly with the desolate world Monkey and Trip inhabit. Natural, believable VA work rounds out the superb audio of Enslaved and enhances the characters.
My only issues with this game are on a technical level. My largest issue is with the camera, sometimes it works, other times it feels way too close or unresponsive. While not often, I do experience frame-rate drops at times. Also, there are occasional pathing issues with Monkey (you'll be positioned perfectly for a jump but the game simply won't recognize it), or when an enemy awakes from a stun, sometimes the game won't recognize your input till after the enemy lands a hit on you. These issues are nothing serious and should not detract too much from the beautiful visuals, engaging storytelling, and satisfying gameplay.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I loved every aspect of this epic game. The story, characters, graphics, music, and game play. Definitely a hidden gem that got lost is the AAA shuffle. Read morePublished 29 days ago by Jim
Great game. Even if you haven't played this game yet, it is definitely worth playing, and should be pretty cheap now.Published 2 months ago by Jesse W.
This game surprised me. Ended up being a great game worth a great story and characters which I didn't expect. Work spoil it but don't judge the book by its coverPublished 3 months ago by Justin Booth
"Enslaved" is a very underrated,obscure video game. It's a shame that it didn't get the attention that it should've gotten. Read morePublished 6 months ago by Ishmael
I picked this game up for cheap one Black Friday years ago just because I was in a gaming slump and I recalled a friend mentioned it in passing once or twice. Read morePublished 7 months ago by Apex Penguin
Fun idea at first but get old after awhile. Found myself just trying to finish the game as quick as possible to mark it off the list rather than really enjoying it.Published 7 months ago by nufan3900
Amazing what you can get for a few pennies. If you like RPG/action its a good cheapo to past time until you have $$$ bucks to buy that PS/Xbox one. Read more