Industrial Deals HPC Magazine Deals Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide Limited time offer Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TNF TNF TNF  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

Entombed
Format: Paperback|Change

on February 11, 2014
I'm a very big Brian Keene fan and I love his books but this one was just lacking in the content department. Now don't get me wrong what's there is great but it's just not enough. Around only 150 pages it just goes by so fast. I call this popcorn reading; think of a quick action packed summer movie that you go to see for fun. That's pretty much how this book is. Now it's not a direct sequel to Dead Sea like I thought is was going to be but instead it takes place in the world as it. Like I said before not bad but could have been better if it was longer. The Rising is still his best zombie work.
on June 20, 2013
After a long wait for "Entombed" to come out in print, I was pleased to see the Kindle edition on amazon.com

"Entombed" is set during the same zombie outbreak as "Dead Sea" but is a stand-alone story in its own right. In fact, the zombies play only a minor role in this one, that of keeping the survivors holed up in a nuclear shelter. The real conflict an horror in this one come from the choices they make in order to survive and the power struggles between them.

"Entombed" is a short, fast-paced read with plenty of action and, of course, violence and gore. Some elements of the plot stretch credibility, but that is standard for this type of novel. The story also deals with the protagonist's fading grip on sanity in an interesting way, and the ending, while rather predictable, leaves the reader with the sense that the horror depicted in the book is, in fact, just the beginning.

If you like Brian Keene's other work, you'll like this one. A gruesome, fun outing!
on January 27, 2015
I love Brian Keene and he is very nice online as well.I loved 'Dead Sea' and this one you don't have to read the first book to read this one.It was really engrossing and had me from the very first page.My only complaint is that it is so short, but all the new books I've ordered have been shorter and actual books are a dying breed :(
on April 27, 2014
This is not a sequel to "Dead Sea", but it does take place in the same universe and time line, but is it's own stand alone story. Even though the world of "Entombed" and "Dead Sea" has been over run by zombies this is not a zombie story. This is a story of people trapped in a bunker and going insane. The zombies of this world a more of a side bar, a tool that is used to keep the survivors trapped, but never a real danger. This is one of the more gruesome of Keene's books that I've read and one of the shortest. The book itself can be read in a short time and is inexpensive enough to justify the purchase. The story is well written and if you like gore and survivor horror this is a good time.
on July 8, 2013
Now just because my name is ZombieRobb, doesn't mean I'm one of those zombie novel gimps that raves over every zombie affiliated novel they read. But here we have Keene once again with his fast paced visceral undead gore fests. Although this is a story of another group of survivors that take place at the same time of keene's earlier novel Dead Sea, you'd be bitterly disappointed if you were to expect much undead action and gore. Don't get me wrong, there's plenty of gore but more the cannibal type. I initially was going to give it only 4 stars due to that fact, but BK's amazing writing style is not lost in this novel and his unique style of black humor has never waned, in fact it just gets better with every book he writes. I was cringing and giggling all the way through this soon to be classic of modern splatter genre..
on December 31, 2012
This was a great quick read in the Dead Sea universe of Brian Keene mythos. This time around we encounter a group of survivors from Hamelins Revenge the disease that took over the world and species and turned them into you guessed it zombies. This had nothing to do with the first book other than the fact that they occur in the same universe, so no knowledge of one is needed to enjoy the other. I was kind of disappointed with that since Dead Sea was the first book I read that introduced me to the great and awesome author that is Brian Keene. But once I thought back about the first book and realized that it would be hard to do something else with that, I did really enjoy the new characters in this book and the situation that is laid out is gruesome and thought provoking all at once. Again Brian does an awesome job wished it was longer but as the Stones say "we can't always get what we want", so I am good.
on March 3, 2013
First of all, I thought this was a sequel to Keene's novel 'Dead Sea' (which I very much enjoyed). Turns out it's more of a parallel story of another group caught off guard during the initial stages of the Zombie outbreak. That being said, I was a little let down that I wouldn't be finding out what happened to the survivors of the last novel. What I got instead was a hardcore novel of a groups descent into madness. The even more surprising thing about this story is that it wasn't a classic Keene 'Zombie' story. He instead delves into character development of the main figures of the story which I found refreshing. All that being said, I thought this was a fast, fun read for any Keene fan that runs along the lines of a Laymon novel. And that's a huge compliment.
on November 5, 2012
Long time fan of BK and I have to say that we as fans need to leave the guy alone about zombies! His work on the Rising and City of the Dead was so amazing, how can you top that? I waited for a month for Entombed to go digital and when I couldn't wait any longer I purchased a PB copy. Recently I've been reading BK's novela's and I must say they are amazing. Just don't hope for a long text in these, they are like a glimpse into the world of Keene. This will prollie be mainly for fans rather than a casual Keene reader. Entombed is kind of creepy, and keenes characters draw you in as always.
on September 16, 2012
I must admit I was a bit disappointed when I realized that "Entombed" was not a real sequel to "Dead Sea."

I really wanted to find out what happened to those few survivors stranded out on the oil platform in the middle of an ocean surrounded by a zombified sea. They are not in "Entombed" although the plot premise is pretty much the same.

What surprised me was how psychological " Entombed" was as it chronicles the survivors living in a large underground type bunker as mindless zombies wait outside trying to get in. The difference here is that the human survivors of the virus that have not been infected become more monstrous and evil then the zombies themselves.

The violence is ratcheted up a notch and is very gruesome. However, the book, which is mostly a novelette length piece, is very fast moving and never boring as it turns into a brutal revenge piece.

Keene's books are never boring and always fast moving as I read this book in just a few hours. Glued to it I might add. Keene's fans will love the action and if you think like me that psychological horror is just as scary as chew-them-up-spit- them -out all out gore, in this book you will get both.

Another winner from Brian Keene.

JK
on January 19, 2015
Brian Keene is quickly turning into one of my favorite horror writers.

While the zombies are less present than his early books they still impact heavily on the situation. Not going into it any further as it would cause spoilers. It's a great read though, plenty of build up, character development, background and tension to go around. It's a short book, but worth it.