- Hardcover: 261 pages
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan; 1st ed. 2016 edition (November 16, 2016)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 331943912X
- ISBN-13: 978-3319439129
- Product Dimensions: 6.1 x 1.1 x 9.2 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.4 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 5.0 out of 5 stars See all reviews (1 customer review)
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #1,366,137 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Entrepreneurship in Finance: Successfully Launching and Managing a Hedge Fund in Asia 1st ed. 2016 Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
See the Best Books of 2017 So Far
Looking for something great to read? Browse our editors' picks for the best books of the year so far in fiction, nonfiction, mysteries, children's books, and much more.
Customers who bought this item also bought
From the Back Cover
Thinking of launching your own hedge fund? Want to learn more about the different steps involved in setting-up your own hedge fund in Asia? Want to raise capital from institutional investors?
This book is the first hands-on publication to set out the various steps and considerations necessary to successfully launch and manage a hedge fund in Asia in concrete and practical terms. It is written for:
· any individual or team aiming to launch a hedge fund in Asia and seeking practical and experienced guidance;
· any existing hedge fund manager requiring advice on global best practices in order to grow and attract institutional-quality capital and investors;
· any fund manager or other industry participant globally intending to set up a presence in Asia or simply wishing to find out more about the hedge fund industry in Asia;
· any academic looking to learn more about the practical aspects of the hedge fund industry to complement his or her academic research;
· any student hoping to discover more about the hedge fund industry as a career choice.
This book covers the essential elements that a talented entrepreneur in finance needs to consider in order to launch his or her own hedge fund in Hong Kong or Singapore. It places particular focus on the legal, regulatory, fund structuring, tax, governance, capital raising, talent, office space, technology, operational and budgeting considerations, from the pre-launch phase to the expansion and institutionalisation of the business.
Whilst most other hedge fund books cover the investment side of the hedge fund business (e.g., different hedge fund strategies, asset class selection, portfolio modelling/construction, portfolio risk management), this book specifically provides in-depth insights into the crucial – and often misunderstood – non-investment aspects involved in launching a hedge fund business.
In addition, whilst this book focuses mainly on the hedge fund industry, most sections of the book are equally applicable to anyone launching a family office or any type of traditional (e.g., long only) or alternative asset management firm (e.g., private equity, venture capital).
About the Author
Henri Arslanian is an Adjunct Associate Professor at the University of Hong Kong where he teaches graduate courses on entrepreneurship in finance, hedge funds and financial technology (FinTech). He previously spent many years with the UBS Investment Bank hedge fund consulting team in Asia, where he assisted finance entrepreneurs with every aspect of their fund launch, from early stage investor seed deals and fund structuring to institutional capital raising and international expansion. Admitted to the Bar in both New York and Quebec, Henri started his career as a financial markets and funds lawyer in Canada and Hong Kong. A member of the Milken Institute’s Young Leaders Circle, Henri is a regular speaker globally on the topic of FinTech and hedge funds to various audiences, ranging from TEDx to Fortune 500 senior management teams. He currently sits on a number of other finance, academic, civil society, and FinTech-related boards and advisory boards.
Speaking five languages, including French and Mandarin Chinese, Henri has been awarded many academic and industry awards over the years, including the Governor General of Canada Gold Medal for Academic Excellence. He holds a Masters in Chinese Law from Tsinghua University, China; a joint Global Executive MBA from Columbia Business School, USA; London Business School, UK, and Hong Kong University; a Masters in Transnational Law from the University of Sherbrooke, Canada; and a Bachelor of Law from the University of Montreal, Canada (Dean’s List of Excellence).
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?