Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 6,786 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 7,915 reviews
on June 10, 2017
Part three, and Gideon and Eva are still sexing at every turn. Aside from that, this is a REALLY good read. The story continues, and the plot thickens. Eva learns more about Gideon...and finally learns to stand up for herself. Gideon takes some pretty major steps toward sanity. Cary, Eva's parents, and all of the other support characters add in the requisite side drama...and it's good drama. I read this fairly quickly, and when I reached the last word, I did so with a literal and audible gasp. "Wait?! It's not over?!!!" That's always a good sign.
on June 5, 2013
I agree so much with the first review on this page. I feel as used by the Author should feel about Eva. She is beyond irritating now and the Author throwing in all of these plot twists in a book that covered just a few weeks is so irritating. I am not at all sure I will be on board for anymore. I don't think I want to see the superficial junk this Author thinks makes up the interesting and readable plot lines of a relationship I was really invested in. This junk with Brett is beyond annoying. To think she loves Gideon so much she will do anything for him BUT cannot tell Brett to take a hike?? She says she HATES the girl she was, basically a tramp, and now she walks through a door with Brett and leaves it wide open for him??? I wanted to slap her over and over throughout this book. I am not an Author, but I can think of a lot of plot lines that would be engrossing and interesting and HAVE Eva and Gideon TOGETHER and honestly working things out TOGETHER! EL James books are not that well written but have a much better plot line and ending. Cary is another one I liked and don't anymore. I want to rip Eva and Cary a part and maybe they would grow up!! How many people are SO important to Eva she cannot live without them? And what in the WORLD is Eva doing texting Brett. I can see it now, she will go out to Calif and hook up in some way with Brett, GAG!! There will be some kind of Blackmail by the person who somehow knows what Gideon did and he has to work through that. And he will do these things without telling poor Eva and she will fall apart, AGAIN. But how can he trust her, she is a baby and not truly faithful as she expects him to be!! She does not seem able to say the easiest word in the World if you love someone like she is supposed to love Gideon. To anyone else you say NO and you don't lead them on unless you are a tramp!! And I didn't like her mother before but now I HATE her!! And another plot line that really ticks me off is that Gideon resents his family but now cannot turn away from his mother, has to care so much about his manipulative EX?? Now his mother is going to push for the EX and hate EVA. It is beyond aggravating!!

The more I think about this book the more upset i get that a really good story that has had me waiting with anticipation let me down so badly. Result is I will not be buying any other books by this Author. i will probably finish out the series or at least give it one more shpt but I will not buy into anymore of this Authors work. It is so obviously about getting the most sales and not about good material. I loved these characters and now I don't like Eva at all and feel sorry for Gideon but am impatient with him being such a schmuck.

I wish I could as Sylvia one question especially and it would be if Eva gets so jealous and upset at Gideon for talking to his other ex's how can she justify her wanting any kind of relationship with Brett who blatantly propositioned her and let her know exactly what he wants???

SO DISAPPOINTED!
on June 5, 2013
Really??? A cliffhanger??? I don't mind if this is a 10 part story but the author should have been upfront and out there to the readers about it. After all we have books about couples that are so many parts book. All I know is all the mysteries and innuendos is good up to a point, it gets annoying at some point. I love what I read so far about Gideon and Eva, but this book left a bitter taste in my mouth for the 'hanging shads' in it. I preordered this book, I won't be doing that for the remaining ones. Will wait for the reviews. Authors should note that most times money is not everything. Just ask a famous author that recently gave a crappy ending to her series. I won't be naming names here. Just saying.....
For the price I paid for this book??? Have to return this for a refund.
on July 9, 2013
"Angel, a crowd of millions couldn't hide you from me. I found you once. I'll always find you.

Okay, so I was about 65% through this when a FB friend of mine mentioned it was taking a hit with bad reviews on Amazon. Like the masochist I am I checked a few of those reviews out, which admittedly made me nervous the closer I got to the end of the book (there was a lot of grumbling about the ending). But once I finished, I was trying to figure out why everyone's panties were in such a twist. I have gone through some epic cliffhangers in the past, but this was NOT one of them. Sure, there where a few new questions that opened up towards the end, but nothing heart-stopping. And honestly, there was a press release AGES ago that the series was being extended to five books (which I'm totally freakin stoked about BTW) so I'm having a hard time understanding all the anger at the story not being wrapped up in a pretty little bow when we are only halfway through the series. Personally, I LOVED THIS BOOK!!

"A winery for a casino, huh? So you remain the god of sex, vice, and recreation."
"Endeavors that help satisfy you, my goddess of desire, pleasure, and corny one-liners."

I fall further in love with this series & these characters with every book. Though, I will admit to some major annoyance at Brett & Corinne. Plus Deanna just flat out pissed me off. I loved that we got a little personal with Clancy & Angus, Eva's mom took crazy to a whole new level & Eva's dad was just...Wow. Cary is Cary, that boy breaks my heart and is in serious need of an intervention. Ireland starts to become a bigger part of Gideon's life, which was super sweet to see. But the continuously evolving state of Gideon & Eva's relationship takes center stage.

"We are totally dysfunctional." "I prefer 'selectively deviant.' But we'll keep that to ourselves."

These two may still have a crap-ton of issues between them, but as a couple they have grown sooo much. Their obsession with each other is still ever present and their love shines brightly, but they are starting to learn how to navigate through the growing list of problems & keeping some sanity. But most importantly, they do it together.

"Shut up, caveman. I'm not into that 'me Cross, you Cross little woman' bulls***. In case you've forgotten already, we made a trade. You got me, and I got you. I protect what's mine."
"Eva, don't fight my battles for me. I can take care of myself."
"I know that. You've been doing it your whole life. Now, you've got me. I can handle this one."
"I don't want you to have to deal with my past."
"You dealt with mine."
"That was different."
"A threat is a threat, ace. We're in this together."

The biggest issue they have to deal with in this book is the fallout of Nathan's murder, which at times brought tears to my eyes. You don't realize how strongly it affects Gideon til it's slapping you in the face. It definitely adds a strain to an already tumultuous relationship. The sex is as hott as ever but what I loved the most was the quiet times between the two, seeing Gideon laugh & joke around was amazing.

"Waking up to you is like...presents on Christmas morning."
"For your convenience, I'm already unwrapped. Batteries not required."
"You're like a delicious extravagance for a woman, you know. A luscious, mouthwatering-"
"Shut up. I'm filthy rich, but you just want me for my body."

"You're my lucky charm."
"Really?"
"Yep." He licked the upper swell of my breast. "You're magically delicious."
"Oh my God!" I laughed. "Cheesy."
"I did warn you about me and romance."

Lots of surprises, angst, drama & tears. I'm very much looking forward to what happens next. These two hold my heart, I love the way they are growing as individuals and as a couple. The road ahead is far from clear & I can't wait to see how they handle it. Plus, I'm anxious to see where everyone else's story goes.

"You'll never lose me, angel. Wherever you go, however far, I'll be right here with you."
on August 19, 2016
Sylvia, does it again with Eva and Gideon in book 3 of the Crossfire series. We finally see much more of Gideon the dominate overbearing billionaire and what his love for Eva means. That love means every breath he takes is all about her and protecting her. In the mist of their relationship we find out much more about her past and how it changed her life forever, but to Gideon it means making sure she's safe from harm and danger. In return Eva learns how naive she's been to being babied by her mother and that saving face comes at a crossroad. Trying to be more independent she finds that she's gone from one overprotective person to another, but loves the dominate man unconditional anyway for just who he is. Does their love get tested for better or worse? Will they finally marry in this jacked up, psycho relationship that neither can walk away from? Well......lets say this it's a sexy read and some hard trials to get a conclusion, can't wait to read book 4
on June 16, 2013
"If souls could be mated with wishes, ours would be inextricably entwined."

This book wasn't exactly what I was expecting. It was more about the connection between Eva and Gideon than anything. And boy, do we get the point after this book. Their need for one another is almost over-whelming. It is all-consuming. The connection these two share is none like any other story out there. The book is definitely well-written. We can feel much of what they feel throughout the book.

"We'd mistaken our ferocious mutual captivation for lust until we realized we couldn't breathe without each other."

At some point, one has to say enough is enough, you would think. At first thought, I did think that. But one I got to the end of the book, I was reeling with more consuming thoughts on the need these two share. They are the rocks the hold each other down. They are connected in ways that almost teeters to an unhealthy bind... One could see their need, which they call love, as being unhealthy. However, you can look at it as being open and honest with all feelings they both have. They don't deny any emotion, positive or negative.

"Cary was my touchstone, my voice of reason, my favorite shoulder to lean on--and a brother to me in every way that mattered."

Connections with all of the other characters in this story become deeper. More secrets all of the way around start to trickle out. Don't think this book is just about Eva and Gideon. It's not. There are secrets involving everyone is this story. We get some. Some, obviously will be coming in the future, and I have a feeling they will be earth-shattering when they do. Many seem to be upset about this... The trilogy being turned into a series. But, I have to admit, with everything that happens in this book, I am not disappointed in the fact that there will be another book. A lot happens in this book, with many questions still unanswered and more questions that need answering.

Be prepared for some shocking events in this book. Some will leave you giddy. Although, I was happy for some of the big things in this book, I wish they were done a little differently. However, I am not the author, so that is not my call to make. Just be warned, this book will make you both mad and happy at the same time. There are some truly sappy parts, which aren't expected, but I welcomed them nonetheless.

"For all his polished urbanity, Gideon was an untamed animal behind closed doors, a lover who bared me to the soul every time he mad love to me."
on June 7, 2013
I am so dissapointed with the way this book has ended that I have taken the time to write my first review on amazon. I am a fan of Sylvia Day and a feen for Gideon Cross and Eva's drama filled fantasy, but this last book just didn't do it for me! Yes, the sex was just as amazing as always! they're obsession with eachother only becomes worse as you read on, but as far as their demons and alterations throughout the books Sylvia handed us nothing, but cliff hangers all through out book three! There is not one issue this couple has had that I can honestly tell you we've gotten answers for! I can see where fans love the fact that their story will continue i'm all for it because im just as obsessed with these two as the rest of you, but give me a break... I have nothing to look forward to except more sex and the same exact issues that were left unsettled in books one AND two with the addition of all the new issues Eva's managed to pile up throughout book three!

So if you like cliff hangers and unsolved mysteries go on and purchase book three now! If not my advise is you wait for book four and read them together, that way maybe if Sylvia is feeling generous we'll have some answers and you won't feel as dissapointed as most of her fans currently feel!
on June 7, 2013
Like others have said, I was so excited about this 3rd book and finding out what happened next. I fell in love with Eva and Gideon and like the first two books so much better than the 50 Shades series.
This book was such a let down to me. I was so disappointed and frustrated at the ending and feel like I have been cheated. I felt like the other characters were brought in too much and that made the story line start getting thin. I also felt like drama was having to be grasp at and that made the story go in too many directions.
One positive is that I like Gideon even more and was melted by his sweet charm and ability to express himself and his feelings better to Eva. This quote got me "I look at you, angel, and I want you so badly. I want to be with you, listen to you, talk to you. I want to hear you laugh and hold you when you cry. I want to sit next to you, breathe the same air, share the same life. I want to wake up to you like this every day forever. I want you." I mean WOW!!
I truly hope that the next book comes out quickly before too many people lose interest and that it is better than this one.
on June 14, 2013
I really liked Gideon and Eva, they were very damaged people who found each other and seemed to be the answer to the others needs. Let me recap this book:
Hot Sex
Eve describing Gideon as gorgeous with a big dick
Jealous incident (either character)
Describe clothes
Eva describing Gideon as gorgeous with a big dick
Hot Sex
Deep meaningless heart to heart talks
Coffee
Jealous incident
Rinse and repeat.
It was truly the first time I found hot sex boring.
And it was about that tiresome reading it. And now 2 more books to find out anything important about the story (thin as it is). I loved the first book, enjoyed the second and just felt ripped off by the third. And the sad part is I will probably buy 4 and 5 in the hopes that something (anything) will be resolved.
on June 12, 2013
I have been waiting on this book for MONTHS. And what am I rewarded with for my dutiful patronage to Sylvia Day? Nada.

This could be a wonderful series, but not with installments like Entwined. There is no resolution whatsoever. The pages might as well have been blank. I'd have the same questions I do now.

Well.. What happened?

How can a review even contain spoilers when there's nothing in the book to spoil?

Sylvia Day is a terrific writer. I've read several of her books without complaint. But this? It's like a teaser. A really long teaser. Clearly deadline driven (a deadline that was prolonged numerous times). Who let her do this? Who's in charge?

I want answers!

Why did I wait for this book? Why should I eagerly anticipate another? I can't. I won't set myself up for this disappointment again.