Industrial Deals Beauty Summer Reading STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning _fof _fof _fof  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Shop Now STEMClub17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 19 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 20 reviews
on February 11, 2013
I took a course as an undergrade for college and this workbook was used as part of the homework assignment.
I highly recommend it, it stretched me in my studies, however it did take me the better part of a week to complete
the workbook. I did not hand write it in the book, I actually typed it all in page format in my computer and that way
I have it for later studies.
Robin
on October 22, 2016
Purchased for my wife. She reports that its OK but has to work at having her interest held. It is being used by a Bible study she attends. Her verdict? There are better products for studying Ephesians and are not hard to find.
on December 18, 2005
I've used this in small group bible studies and as an aid for sermon ideas. Although Stott sometimes injects reformed theology into his interpretation of verses, or he sometimes brings in 'pithy phrases' that sound good but may not be accurate (see my review of his commentary on Ephesians for details), there are many great discussion starters in this study guide that will help a discussion leader get on track to a fruitful discussion. Some of the best meetings we've had involved the use of questions right out of this book. For technical accuracy and cross checking I would suggest F.F. Bruce's commentary on Ephesians as a companion. If Bruce concurs with Stott then you know that probably 90% of evangelical scholars are in line....if Bruce doesn't concur or even bother to refute Stott, then you know it's probably just one of the more rare 'pithy phrases' which doesn't really flow out of the text, but has been inserted into the text by Stott. Normally he doesn't do that so it's not a frequent problem.

Ephesians is the prince of epistles, as some call it. A book worth spending additional money on if you are leading a group through these six chapters. We spent the better part of a year on the first four chapters in one group I lead and the people are just loving it. It's very rich. The method we've used is essentially what is laid out in this guide. So I recommend you get this guide, Bruce's commentary...also Stott's commentary is really good for discussion/preaching as well.

Above all else, stay focused on Jesus while working through this...and He will guide you to the truth on each point in the text. So I heartily recommend you purchase this study guide if you are preaching through Ephesians or if you are leading a study of Ephesians.
on October 30, 2012
As expected from John Stott, this is a great guide to the study of Ephesians. It points to key verses and sections as well as provide some background information to help guide toward deeper discussion of this letter.
on June 25, 2016
Can use this book alone without a leaders guide if you want to do it on your own.
on January 31, 2017
Excellent short study!
on February 23, 2016
We bought these for a Bible study and they are great. The layout and method used is nice.
on August 21, 2015
used this as a resource for family camp curriculum. probably will use the study on my own soon, i liked what he has to say.
on March 10, 2016
I was disappointed by the lack of depth.
on May 11, 2016