Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Epic HD Action Camera
Your Garage Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Gemini Syndrome Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now

Price:$69.00+ Free shipping

on March 3, 2012
This is a very nice camera. Small Light weight. It takes excellent quality video. It is very easy to use. One button start recording. I use this camera mounted to the front of my bow for hunting. The picture of the product on the website doesn't do it any justice. It is a very slick looking camera and darker green in color. This camera also takes nice still pictures and multi shot pics. Looking for a awesome camera for a respectable price "here it is". I am totally impressed. LIKE BUTTON definitely.
on June 28, 2012
I am a profesional videographer and wasn't really in the market for a "GOPRO" type of POV cam but the quality of this camera looked decent enough and the price was definitely a selling point. The cam works great right out of the box, uses triple AAA batteries, records to any SD card in MOV format. Very compact in size and easy to use. It takes good quality HD video but doesn't do well in low light so stick to shooting outdoors during the day and under well lit rooms...it even takes pretty decent stills. Mounts easily to pretty much any thing and looks "cool". My only complaint is that its sucks power very quickly....i have tried rechargeable batteries but they aren't very reliable with this cam. So look for good deals on duracell or energizer lithiums. I bought the the waterproof housing and it takes great underwater video. It's compact size makes it easy to film even when just holding in your hand. The quality, convenience and price make this a great little cam to get some unique and WOW inspiring video!
on March 12, 2013
Do NOT buy this camera! I have owned one of these Epic HD 1080p cameras for a little over a year, warrantied it twice, and of all three have never had one that worked correctly. The advertised battery life is 1 hour for alkaline batteries and 4 hours for energizer ultimate lithium batteries. After trying multiple types of batteries AND memory cards as suggested by GSM's customer service, I found the actual battery life to be 1 hour for energizer ultimate lithium batteries at $10 per 4 pack and ONLY 10 MINUTES for energizer max or similar alkaline batteries. I have waited for over a year to write this review because I was hoping to review a working camera. During the first year, customer service was extremely helpful, mailing me a new camera two separate times, although I had to pay for return shipping on the defective cameras. After the one year warranty period was up, I was refused any further service regardless of the fact that I never received a camera that functioned as advertised. For the price of this camera plus batteries to capture just 5 hours of video, you could purchase a GoPro that includes a rechargeable lithium ion battery, which i have since done. I also tried rechargeable aaa batteries, but because these put out 1.2 volts versus the 1.5 volts of non rechargeable aaa batteries, the camera would die after only 30 seconds. Filming with this camera IS NOT COST EFFECTIVE. For anyone thinking of purchasing this camera, i would seriously consider purchasing ANY OTHER camera that includes a rechargeable lithium ion battery even if it is twice as much.
on June 1, 2013
I purchased an Epic HD POV Camera from Academy thinking it would be awesome to mount to my truck and or dirtbike to get some cool footage. As soon as I got it to my truck I pulled it out, inserted the batteries and the screen's display was broken. I immediately exchanged it for a new one. Thinking that surely it had been a low chance of receiving a defective product, I returned home with the 2nd EPIC camera. Put it together, installed one of the adhesive mounts to my dashboard and went for a test drive. It seemed to work fine. When I got done testing it, I opened and watched the video files on my PC. The first thing I noticed was that the audio quality was TERRIBLE. I can not properly describe to you how horrible the crackling and distorted audio sounded. Then I noticed that the video recording would stop randomly. Sometimes after 20 seconds, sometimes after 3 minutes...but it never would record continuously as I needed it to do. With a full battery reading and an empty 32gb memory card, this thing would constantly shut down all together or simply quit recording. I was frustrated to say the least. So I played with the camera settings and messed with it all day thinking surely I was doing something wrong. This camera costs 10 dollars or more per hour to run with the ridiculously terrible battery life, has TERRIBLE audio quality and is not reliable in any way. Do yourself a favor and STAY AWAY from the EPIC HD action cameras. They are complete garbage. I returned it and purchased a JVC Adixxion action camera and it has excellent audio/video quality and works GREAT. It also uses rechargeable battery packs and a new battery only costs about $25. Hope this saves somebody from the headache that is the EPIC HD Camera series.
on October 21, 2014
The video quality is good ... not (Sony, GoPro, Ricoh) great. The camera does not adjust quickly to changing lighting conditions. There is no option for an external mic and worst of all batteries are gobbled up quickly. This camera requires 3 triple-a batteries. I have had batteries last only 2 minutes. Very bad news. I thought I got a good deal when it went on sale for $79 in October of 2014. Not so fast. I returned the battery waster within a week.

UPDATE 04/04/2015: On sale at Academy for $29.95. Battery life still sucks, but at this price and rechargable batteries (extra purchase) I am happy slumming. Yes, I would love a top of the line Sony or GoPro instead ... but at $500!!!
on July 24, 2013
I have owned Epic Cameras for about 6 years from one of their first models. I now own the Epic 1080p and I love it. It shoots great video and is a great design. I use it mainly for hunting and snowmobiling but have found many other great uses for it. It is definetely worth the money compared to spending $400+ on a GoPro Black. The only real problem I have had is in cold weather the batteries get cold and battery life is short. To solve this problem I simply keep a few extra batteries in my pocket and use my body to keep them warm and switch them out if needed.
on July 26, 2014
it was a toss up between this camera and a GoPro. I am happy I made the choice to go with the epic.I like the design better and ease of operation. I read some of the other Ratings & I don't understand what people are saying about poor battery life. I have experienced the opposite. The batteries last for a long time and I do not worry about the batteries for short life as other people have said it it is. All In all...this was a very good buy and I am happy with the product. 11 and gold to people who buy this. Make sure that the underwater camera housing is for the 1080 and not the 740. The 740 underwater housing is a bit too short for the 1080.
on September 27, 2013
The battery life is only 4 to 10 minutes, not what I expected. You would think that it would get at least an hour min. I can use it underwater with the WP case but only for short clips.
Unless they solved this issue, save you money and buy a GoPro. They 'claim' to get 2.5 hours of battery life.
on November 19, 2014
CLEAR PICTURE , EASY TO USE, CAPTURES EVERYTHING IT POINTS TOWARD GREAT VALUE FOR PRICE . I WILL BUY ANOTHER AS A GIFT .
on May 15, 2014
Takes AMAZING pictures. The video quality is top of the line as well! You can't beat this deal. Comes with different assorted mounts that literally let you do anything. I've made a pov headstock camera for my guitar. Dash cam and roof mount for my jeep. Helmet cam for my bike. And I got a mount on the tip of my kayak, wrist cam, etc. I highly recommend this camera to anyone!