BCA Month Salon Beauty Fall Reading Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent  Three new members of the Echo family Now shipping All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now PSFF17_gno

• Epic
  • Customer reviews

on January 13, 2017
Such a fun movie! Very well done-sometimes not good acting despite it being just voice acting but only a few spots. Love it! GREAT family movie!
While the CGI effects and designs were great and the characters endearing and humorous you couldn't help but compare this to the animated movie Fern Gully And The Last Rain Forest as the basic story plot is the same. The meaning is that you have a group of mystical fairy like creatures called leafmen who protect the forest from corrosion and decay from another group which is obviously their enemy as their ideals directly oppose the others. With this you have a young human girl who through a tragic event finds herself in the conflict between the two groups and of course a semi-romantic situation begins between her and one of the leafmen. Regardless of the comparison between the two movies it's still an entertaining one to watch and for the price well worth getting for your home movie library.
on September 30, 2013
The visual imagery and creativity is stunning however the film fades towards the end. Which is a huge shame. So what went wrong? Films like "How to Train Your Dragon" appeal both to kids and adults. The storyline, including twists and character development, must be accessible to kids but must also be relevant and entertaining to adults. Weaving adult sophistication into a kid's film is a fine art. "Epic" so nearly succeeds; it is funny and clever and beautiful. It is just the last five minutes that fail to deliver - I can only assume they intended a second film, an "Epic II" but honestly I'd be surprised if that happened. I still recommend the film because I was entertained and mesmerized by the visuals and the witty script.
My kids received this movie as a Christmas gift. Before that we had seen it twice in the theater. Once in 3D where my son sat perch on the edge of his seat enthralled by the movie. The trance was only broken briefly for a bathroom break. We watched it again when it was a free family movie at a local theater. We even borrowed it from Netflix and watched it a couple of times before returning. It is a very colorful movie. It has some great funny moments and lots of action. Clearly I don't mind if my kids want to watch this one over and over again. We all know that's what kids do, so I make sure the movies we get are ones that aren't going to annoy ME during multiple repeated watchings.
on August 15, 2017
I got this to add to my 3D collection for the younger family members. I kept changing the stars from 3 to 4. After must back and forth "I like it" won over the "It's okay". The speed of the flying with the 3d can make you a little woozie so be careful. The cast is great and the story fun.
on October 4, 2013
You will also like Epic. Who doesn't dream of a world within a world that only we can see? This is a very cute, Fern Gully-ish movie with updated graphics and special effects. Cool characters, great action, wonderful villains, loveable good guys. This is the story of a world within a world protecting the larger world. We're too dumb and clunky to see the smaller world but they see us and protect the environment that we try to destroy. A good lesson for kids. An enjoyable watch for their parents.
on January 20, 2014
I purchased this for my grandson but I was drawn in and absorbed into the movie early much to my surprise. Excellent 3D effects. Excellent casting for voice overs. Beautiful scenery all in 3D. Scary parts from the bad guys but much laugher in other parts. Very enjoyable experience and the extras on the blue ray disc were amazing in how it so closey related to the movie. Educational and I will never look at a forest in quite the same way. Loved the movie
on October 27, 2013
This is another blu-ray I bought for the 3d. I honestly never even heard of this movie before being released to disc so I didn't know what to expect. I think of this movie like a combination of Fern Gully, Avatar, and Tangled. The female lead is a positive role model for young people. The artwork is beautiful and there is plenty of laughs. The 3D in this movie is absolutely amazing. If I had to pick one movie to show off the advantages of 3d I think this one might be it.
on September 9, 2013
I bought this in the 3 disc set. I always like to see it in 3D, and was not disappointed. My sister watched my movie and bought the 3D set also. Beautifully done animation, but this was done by the same ones that did Ice Age. Very good story, great for the whole family. I really enjoyed this film, will watch it often and sent my grandson the DVD movie in the set, the digital copy is great and plays from the cloud in both my itunes & my ultraviolet movie account.
on April 29, 2014
I enjoyed watching Epic. It was filled with lots of action and the storyline kept everyone's interest throughout the movie. I watched it in 3D and I almost felt I was in the woods with the leaf people. The conflict between the Leafmen and the Boggans was quite intense at times. The characters were so well animated that they appeared almost real. The storyline has a great message-no man is an island: we are all connected to each other and with nature.