- Hardcover: 352 pages
- Publisher: McGraw-Hill Education; 1 edition (September 24, 2013)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0071819894
- ISBN-13: 978-0071819893
- Product Dimensions: 6.8 x 1.2 x 9.3 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.3 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 136 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #29,124 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Epic Content Marketing: How to Tell a Different Story, Break through the Clutter, and Win More Customers by Marketing Less Hardcover – September 24, 2013
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
"This is a brilliant canter through the rapid and ever changing world of content marketing."
-JONATHAN MILDENHALL, VP of Global Advertising Strategy and Creative Excellence at Coca-Cola
"Joe Pulizzi may know more about content marketing than any person alive. He proves it in these pages."
-JAY BAER, NYT Best-Selling Author of Youtility
"Listen to this guy. He really understands the new world of marketing."
-DON SCHULTZ, Professor Emeritus at Northwestern University's Medill School of Journalism
"As Joe shows us in his wonderful Epic Content Marketing, you must unlearn interrupting people with your nonsense. Instead, publish the valuable content they want to consume and are eager to share."
-DAVID MEERMAN SCOTT, bestselling author of The New Rules of Marketing and PR.
"If you truly want to be successful at content marketing, Pulizzi is one of the few who can show you the way."
-MITCH JOEL, President Twist Image
"Joe Pulizzi has made me a content believer!"
-KATHERINE BUTTON BELL, Vice President & Chief Marketing Officer Emerson
"Joe Pulizzi is the godfather of our burgeoning profession of Content Marketing. He lays out the objectives, principles and core strategies of our field in a way that's easy-to-understand, inspiring and entertaining."
-JULIE FLEISCHER, Director, Media & Consumer Engagement at Kraft Foods
"For those organizations struggling to create a content marketing program that drives results, Joe delivers. Again."
-ANN HANDLEY, Chief Content Officer, MarketingProfs
"Epic Content Marketing gives all the details practitioners need without over-complicating."
-PROFESSOR JOANN SCIARRINO, Knight Chair, Digital Advertising and Marketing, UNC Chapel Hill
About the Author
Joe Pulizzi is the "godfather" of content marketing. He's the founder of the Content Marketing Institute, Content Marketing World, the largest in-person international content marketing event, and Chief Content Officer magazine. Joe has spoken at more than 200 locations and 10 countries advancing the practice of content marketing. Joe also writes one of the most popular content marketing blogs in the world.
If you buy a new print edition of this book (or purchased one in the past), you can buy the Kindle edition for only $2.99 (Save 80%). Print edition purchase must be sold by Amazon. Learn more.
For thousands of qualifying books, your past, present, and future print-edition purchases now lets you buy the Kindle edition for $2.99 or less. (Textbooks available for $9.99 or less.)
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The book, in my opinion, qualifies academically as a primary reading for undergraduate level courses and a supplementary reading for MBA level courses. The recommendation is based on the following:
1) Joe has extensive experience as a marketer and social media influencer for major brands. His company, Content Marketing Institute, is heralded for its leading edge podcasts, blogs and world renown conferences devoted to the subject of content marketing.
2) The book provides a solid case for how content should drive our sales funnel efforts.
3) Using content marketing as the center of a new wave of marketing, Joe effectively captures why storytelling, influence and the development of subscription-based audiences are redefining the way we market ourselves.
4) The book is perfectly organized for a course on content marketing adoption. Starting with the rationale for adopting a content intensive strategy, the book progresses through the content creation process, descriptions of what content works well and how to leverage social media for content exposure. It concludes with the highly demanded subjects of measurement, staffing and content planning.
5) The book has an exhaustive list of examples on the effective use of content by well known brands.
6) Joe’s humorous style turns a dry and detail oriented subject into a fun read. It fits his orange suit persona that can pack an audience at key conferences.
Marketers have much less of a captive audience to shout at because modern technology helps people avoid unwanted, interruptive marketing messages. So now, instead of interrupting what people are interested in, you have to be what people are interested in. That's why Seth Godin maintains that "Content marketing is the only marketing left."
This book cover the history of content marketing, which is actually a pretty old form of marketing that is now going through a resurgence. It shows you how to define your marketing niche and content strategy. And it walks you step by step through the process of developing content that informs, entertains and compels action. But it also includes how to measure your content marketing in order to improve it. And it has lots of great examples and case studies.
It truly covers the content marketing waterfront.
It's a tour de force. It's ...epic.
And that's why Fortune Magazine named it as one of "Five Must Read Business Books."
If you are new to content marketing or want to read just one book about the topic to get real, smart real fast, this is your book.
And, to listen to an interview with Joe Pulizzi about "Epic Content Marketing," visit MarketingBookPodcast.com
To begin with, John Gibbs, Sarah Mitchell and Jon Wuebben's reviews here are solid and stone cold nail the question: What's this book about?
I have no skin in the game. I don't know Joe and I'm not involved in Content Marketing. My interests are in marketing, storytelling and the art of communication.
So why did I buy Joe's book? Because other authors whose opinions I value, talk highly of Joe's work. Now these authors aren't management and leadership writers, they are Joe's competitors. In Epic Content Marketing, Joe talks about them as well. The fact that these authors are on the same page, squares value for me. It broadens the degree in which I am able to get my mind around Content Marketing and it enriches my overall learning experience. It also speaks volumes of Joe as a businessman, teacher and person. That's why I bought it.