|Item Weight||68 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||82 x 62 x 14 inches|
|Item model number||StoQnMo|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
Epic Furnishings Stockholm Solid Wood Bamboo Platform Bed Frame, Queen-size, Medium Oak Finish
|Price:||$273.87 & FREE Shipping. Details|
- No box spring or mattress foundation needed
- Can be used with both conventional and futon mattresses as well as memory foam mattresses
- Exceptionally durable with Bamboo’s stronger than steel yet lightweight strength making the Stockholm the strongest bed frame in its class
- Bamboo is very “green” with its high sustainability due to less than 5 years to maturity versus 20 years or more for most other woods
- Metal to metal side rail brackets facilitate easy assembly and durability
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
The Stockholm all wood bamboo platform bed frame is an attractive and a very durable bed frame. There is no need for an expensive box spring or mattress foundation. However, if you already have a box spring, you can still use it particularly if you want the top of your mattress to be higher off the floor. All mattress types including futon, traditional and all foam can be used with the Stockholm bed frame. Made of Bamboo, with its distinctive "stronger than steel yet lightweight" strength making the Stockholm bed frame the strongest in its class. Bamboo is the most sustainable furniture grade wood with its average of 5 years or less to maturity versus a minimum of 20 years for most other woods. Its versatile and minimalist style virtually matches any decor. The Stockholm looks great against a wall or floating in a room. Sturdy design and construction with 7 heavy duty legs including three steel center support legs, 13 kiln-dried all wood cross slats. Bed outside dimensions is 86" x 63" x 14" high. Mattress platform is 80-1/2-Inch x 60-1/2-Inch x 10-1/2-Inch from floor to top of platform. Note the mattress platform is about 1/2-inch wider and longer than the mattress to accommodate the bedding. Fits a standard queen-size mattress which is 80-Inch long x 60-Inch wide. Multi-step furniture grade finish provides a durable deep hue for a great lifetime look. Lots of storage space underneath the Stockholm bed frame; on each side of the center support rail, there is 78-inch Loft long x 36-Inch wide x 8-inch Loft high of open storage space (matching roll-on-the- floor all wood storage drawer pair available and sold separately). Legs taper from 3.25 Inch to 2 Inch by 1.5 Inch thick. Enjoy trouble-free, ready-to-assemble convenience with all hardware included and email, live and video assembly assistance available.
Compare to similar items
This item Epic Furnishings Stockholm Solid Wood Bamboo Platform Bed Frame, Queen-size, Medium Oak Finish
Zinus 14 Inch SmartBase Mattress Foundation / Platform Bed Frame / Box Spring Replacement / Quiet Noise-Free / Maximum Under-bed Storage
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Color||Medium Oak||Black||Light Wood||Black||Brown||Medium Oak|
|Item Dimensions||62 x 82 x 14 in||80 x 60 x 14 in||62 x 81.5 x 15 in||60 x 80 x 10 in||60 x 75 x 5 in||62 x 82 x 14 in|
|Item Weight||68 lbs||39.3 lbs||63 lbs||—||33 lbs||58 lbs|
Top customer reviews
I was little concerned about the bed's structural integrity as I put it together. Based on the instruction sheet, I was missing a center support rail (the bed came with extra center support legs for the missing rail), but I finally managed to reach Technical Support and was informed that I had old instructions and that the center report rails were stronger now, so I only needed one. Okey dokey. On the plus side, assembly was straightforward and only time consuming because there are so many darn screws needed for the cross slats.
Now, three weeks later, I have found that my concerns were justified, as one of the side rails split and came apart, from the headboard down to the footboard. What caused the break? My son sitting on the bed. Was he jumping up and down on it? No, he was just sitting on it.
I'll also note that there was a weird gap all around the king-size mattress, as if the bed were designed for some kind of mattress size that doesn't exist.
Unless you're planning to just have this bed for show and never actually sleep on it or place anything heavier than, say, a cinnamon roll on top of it, do yourself a favor and buy a different bed.
I suppose I could have simply bought a cheap metal frame, but while I didn't want something expensive that I'd have to unload in a few months, I did want something with a little more presence than a barebones metal frame. This fits the bill fairly well.
Some things that may not be immediately obvious when considering this bed:
* The slats are basically particle board. Wild sex is probably not a great idea on this bed. I'm actually mildly concerned about this aspect of the bed, and I guess time will tell if it actually holds up (I've never used a bed with particle board slats before-usually metal slats on previous beds I've owned, but they've admittedly been considerably more expensive).
* The black frame is not particle board and is made of solid wood. Not sure what type of wood.
* The lip the slats rest on is very soft (pine?) and not very confidence boosting either, and not particularly straight. Not a problem really, just be methodical in straightening them as you screw them to the frame. Don't stress over there being no visible mark on the frame to line the lips at either. You can eyeball it, as they don't need to be perfectly aligned with each other (there's wiggle room on the placement of the slats).
* There's a decent sized gap between the mattress, and any wall you might have this bed up against. Just keep that in mind if you were expecting to use a wall as a pseudo headboard. I'm using a 10" Full sized Memory Foam Mattress and it fits perfectly in the space it's supposed to, so not seeing the issue others have with the frame being bigger than the mattress, but the space I talk about is due to the thickness of the frame itself, combined with the legs being on the outside head/foot of the bed, rather than on the side of the frame (left/right), which adds another inch and half plus the thickness of the frame to the separation between your wall and your mattress.
* The instructions aren't great, but if you have any experience putting furniture together, that probably isn't a surprise. I honestly can't recall ever having great instructions come with furniture, so it's hard to knock this bed for that. Construction is fairly straight forward regardless. The lips are really the only part that you could conceivably screw up, so take care with those.
Had it shipped over the Pacific for $12.99 with overnight shipping as a Prime member. Considering the weight of the box (and the fact that I ordered a mattress through Amazon as well), I suspect this was an oversight on someone's part, as I can only imagine what the shipping ended up costing them (nearly every bed I've seen on Amazon says it can't be shipped here, heh). So, that was pretty amazing in my quest to find a budget bed for my temporary stay here.
Main reason for the 3 stars is my lack of any real confidence in the particle board slats, even if the bed is functioning just fine at the moment.
I would most likely return this for a refund; however, they goofed and sent me two of the beds in the first place. So, I'll just toss the one and keep the other (but you can bet I'll reinforce the inner support system or just make my own). It is still a decent bed in other ways.
Putting it together was not too bad. Instructions kind of sucked, but it was not hard to figure out. Took around hourish to completely put it together. You will need a screw driver to screw in the middle cross webbing into the side pieces. A electric screwdriver would help tremendously, for there are no holes in the side pieces so you have to manually put them in.
Overall I enjoy it and would recommend it.
Most recent customer reviews
The frame looks absolutely great. On the visible part. You may notice in the photo a central spine holding up the slats.Read more