Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two - Nintendo Wii U
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports

Platform: Nintendo Wii U|Change
Price:$1.56 - $500.00

on December 10, 2012
After hearing that Epic Mickey 2 was a great improvement from the first game, I decided to give it another try and purchased it when I bought my Wii U.
Sadly, I am once again disappointed. The storyline seems non existent, and I find myself running in circles trying to figure out what in the world I'm supposed to be doing. Boss battles are the same way at times. Much trial and error attempting to figure out how to defeat different bosses. I've been a gamer for several years and rarely as lost in a game as I find myself in Epic Mickey 2.

Lag is still present, especially in the worlds that are wide open.

I've also experienced game freezing several times, including game freezing when loading a save file that caused me to have to start over from the beginning.

I agree that there is poor integration with the Wii U's touch screen. Nothing but a useless map and some menus. The game would work perfectly fine without it.

When I realize what's going on, it can be fun. The worlds are creative and colorful - exactly what you would expect from Disney, but the game-play cripples that.

Over all, this game is a mess and I wish I would have gone with another option.
It's playable and, at times, can be fun, but not enough to make this game worth owning.
on December 13, 2012
I was pretty excited about this game for the Wii U but so far the game is turning out to be less than awesome. The controls are really difficult to use, there's no way to use the regular Wii mote as a single player and it really made the painting and thinning difficult. That is one thing that was so cool about the first Epic Mickey was being able to point at the screen and paint with the mote. Besides that the views and the controls that control the views are hard to figure out, you could be walking towards a corner to check out a chest and then all of a sudden you'll be facing another direction, even when you try to turn back to where you are going the views keep changing making it difficult to get the things you are searching for. Besides those issues it is still a fun game and worth giving a shot if you liked the previous game. In retrospect I would have gotten the regular Wii version instead.
on April 8, 2016
I purchased this game for my six year old daughter and so far she is having tons of fun playing it. It is simple enough for her to grasp the concept and the controls are not to hard for her to master, which is the issue we have with most games that she ends up losing interest in. For the price, I would say that this game is definitely worth the money. She has been playing it for almost an hour, and for her that is a very long time. I think me and my boyfriend will be playing this one ourselves after she goes to bed.
on May 6, 2016
We like this, but I'll admit as the 33 year old mother trying to help her 8 year old with this game, I get very confused!! It doesn't continually lead you to the next step, but it's almost as if you have to figure it out. We got stuck in one room for 30 minutes and never could figure out how to get out of it. We love Disney and Mickey especially, but I would not purchase this one again.
on April 24, 2016
Picked it up because I enjoy Mickey games (fond memories of Mickey Mania on the SNES), but found this game to be awful and unplayable. Controls are unresponsive, graphics are low quality, camera angle is a nightmare, and the game is just boring and tedious. Bought it for $10.00 and regret every penny spent. Star far far away from this mess!
on December 7, 2012
One of the best games if you have a friend to play it all the way through. I hear single player AI is pretty bad for Oswald. Very poor use of the touch screen. It's just a map. It's odd that you have to play split screen given the Wii U has a second screen. There was some major frame rate issues in areas, including one almost unwatchable cutscene.
on January 8, 2015
I was really excited for this personally as I enjoy Mickey and art, and thought it would be a good way to get my to like it too, however, I was disappointed in it. I bought the special paint brush nunchuk to use with it, but we can't figure out how to get this game to operate on any kind of remote besides the big gamepad, so the motion plus controller plus a nunchuk won't work The intro on it is a very long story being told to read through... kids are bored to death before they even get to the playing. Instructions for how to play and move are nil. Wish we hadn't bought it. graphics are nice, but not really a fun family.
on September 30, 2015
This game is fun to play, it has a lot of cool stuff the first game didn't have. And it's neat to play with two people. BUT there are so many glitches if you're a single player! I should have kept a notebook as I played through because wow there were a lot. Enough to make it not really possible to totally complete the game as much as you should. I had to reset it not once but twice and once I got around a previous glitch, I encountered another. I had to look for walkthroughs online and found a lot of other people complaining of very similar problems. Many folks have gone as far as to contact Nintendo and Disney to report the issues and seek solutions, yet often are not given an answer other than to restart the game. You know what your parents would say, "I'm not mad, just disappointed." Thant sums up how I feel about this game. But I'm still a little mad.
on April 19, 2016
I took to long to start playing this game after purchasing it for so I can't exchange or return it but I didn't think it would be a broken copy when buying it new. I played it for an hour and all I got was lag and cut out sound not one second was enjoyable. This is probably a good game I'm just upset I have to purchase the game again at a game store.
on January 31, 2014
I just finished up Epic Mickey 2 for the Wii U, and here are some differences from the 1st one. This one is not as long, not as complicated either, but some parts the difficulty shoots up too much, be prepared to die 1000 times on these parts! The camera is downright annoying in some parts, and you will die because the camera won't show you the angle you need. Oswald is super annoying too, half the time he won't do what you need him to. An improvement is the sketches are unlimited in this one. You have to unlock them with E-tickets in a shop, but once you unlock one they stay that way, which is nice. I don't think this game deserves the bad ratings as much as it has on Amazon. It isn't THAT bad. I think people who hated the 2nd, really didn't care for the 1st.