- Save 49% on Bellemain Heavy-Duty Nonstick Corkscrew if you buy any item offered by Perella's Here's how (restrictions apply)
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
Top Rated Epica Stainless Steel Compost Bin 1.3 Gallon-Includes Charcoal Filter
Get free shipping
Free 5-8 business-day shipping within the U.S. when you order $25 of eligible items sold or fulfilled by Amazon.
Or get 4-5 business-day shipping on this item for $8.17. (Prices may vary for AK and HI.)Learn more about free shipping
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and Amazon Prime.
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- CONTROL ODORS NATURALLY: The airtight lid and replaceable activated-charcoal filter work together to trap and control odors naturally, so your kitchen compost bin can sit conveniently on your countertop or wherever you need it. The chic modern design also complements any decor.
- SIMPLE CLEANING PROCESS: The stylish stainless steel bin is molded in one piece and resists rust and leaks, unlike other bins that are welded and prone to rust and leakage at the weld points over time. Eco-friendly convenience is always at your fingertips, while nasty bacteria is not. v
- PUT IT ANYWHERE: The 1 gallon size is big enough to hold several days’ worth of compostable organic kitchen waste like vegetable peels, fruits, and coffee grounds yet still small enough to fit on countertops. Measures 7.16” in diameter x 11” high.
- DURABLE STAINLESS STEEL CONSTRUCTION TO LAST A LIFETIME: Molded in a single piece for strength and durability that won’t scratch, crack or chip. Made of premium, rust-resistant 304 grade stainless steel -- will never leach toxic chemicals into your compost.
- COMES WITH REPLACEABLE CHARCOAL FILTER: The specially designed activated-charcoal filter is the key to an odorless indoor compost bin. The filter can be cleaned with soap and water, like the bin. Will last more than 6 months with careful handling.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
If you routinely save food scraps for your compost pile, it's time you traded up from that ugly and eco-unfriendly plastic pail you've been using, to this stylish canister that you'll be proud to display on your kitchen counter.
Superior Looks and Performance
Stainless steel is the perfect design complement to the modern kitchen -- no need to hide it in a cabinet or under the sink. It won't rust, scratch or chip, and it's easy to clean. Plus, it doesn't harbor bacteria or leach unhealthy chemicals as plastic containers can do; this especially important if your compost will be used on food crops.
Convenient 1-Gallon Size
Measuring 7.16" diameter x 11"H, the bin is small enough to fit on a kitchen counter, yet large enough to hold several days worth of vegetable peelings, eggshells, coffee grounds and other compost material, giving you the option of making fewer trips to the garden composter. A carrying handle makes the trip easier, too.
Replaceable Charcoal Liner Inhibits Odors
Charcoal acts as a natural filter which absorbs odors and prevents them from reaching the air outside the bin. This bin comes fitted with 1 charcoal liner set.
Compare to similar items
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Perella's||Motion Trend||Amazon.com||Cooler Kitchen||Misc Home Inc.||Amazon.com|
|Color||Silver||Stainless Steel||White||White & Black||White||White|
|Material Type||18/8 Steel||Stainless Steel||Plastic||Steel||Stainless Steel||Metal|
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
However, based a couple of reviews that I'm reading now, I'm guessing that the main reason I'm pleased with this bin (apart from the fact that it performs its intended function perfectly well) is that I actually understand what a compost bin is and what composting involves. Here are some pointers, in case you are new to this:
1. A compost bin is basically just a pot with a lid on it. If you are going to order this thing and then find yourself shocked when you receive what is basically just a pot with a lid on it in the mail (despite the numerous images on this page that clearly show what is basically a pot with a lid on it), then please just go buy a pot and save yourself the trouble of posting a really stupid review on Amazon that blames the product for the fact that you didn't realize what a compost bin was.
2. Composting involves taking your food scraps that would *otherwise be trash* and keeping them in a bucket (or a pot with a lid on it) in your kitchen. For this reason, it will *get dirty*, just like the rest of the items in your kitchen that come in contact with food. You will often have to *wipe it down* to remove the residue of whatever you put in it, *just like everything else in your kitchen*. Don't let the term "compost bin" fool you into thinking that this product has the magical ability to self-clean. Remember that this is basically just a pot with a lid on it.
3. Here's the thing about food scraps: they break down over time. They even break down a bit over the course of a few days. Another word for this breakdown process is "rotting". THIS IS WHY WE COMPOST THEM. If you leave your compost sitting on your counter for a week at a time, *it will start to smell*. DO NOT BLAME THE BIN - get off your lazy rump and go empty the dang thing. Would you keep your trash for a week if it was full of rotting food? NO. Honestly, a bin that will hold a week's worth of scraps isn't a good thing. A compost bin is not a panacea for all compost-related unpleasantness. If you don't want your food scraps smelling on your countertop, but you also refuse to walk allllll the way to your compost bin more than once a week, then maybe composting isn't for you. Which is fine, just don't leave a three star review on Amazon once you figure that out.
Okay, done snarking. Here's what I like about this bin:
*It looks good on the countertop
*It has a carrying handle, unlike your average pot with a lid on it
*It is well-proportioned - tall enough to hold a good amount of stuff without having a huge footprint on the countertop, but not so tall that it tips over
*I've had little to no problem with fruit flies, presumably because I have been careful to only remove the lid when I am putting stuff in the bin
*It cleans easily
*It is durable and unbreakable
Basically, it does everything a compost bin should do, assuming you do not have ridiculous, uninformed, and mutually-incompatible expectations for how it will function.
The price was great.
Delivery was quick.
The size 1 gallon is perfect for our needs. We are a family of 3. Husband dumps coffee grounds his egg every morning & I use at least once a day. It arrived On the 19th of Dec. & I didn't need to dump until the 26th.
The color was as described. The matte finish was great, it blended in with my other stainless. There were a few scuff marks on the top of lid but it didn't bother us & I figure that there will be a few more by the time were done with it.
The lid with the filter has to be working (no smells) & better yet NO Fruit Flies! We have been experiencing warmer weather for this time of year & before this baby arrived guess what, yep, fruit flies.
Last but not least & actually my favorite thing! The handle! I have a special needs grandson & this is his job to take the compost out. He had no problems like in the past. The buckets would tear or cave in dropping their contents. Which would only frustrate our young man. Problem solved😊
Thanks so much,
Mawithhope in Ohio
Update 2/15/16. Still holding up great! No rusting & handle still attached and still able to clean original filters 👌🏾 I can't say enough about this product & how helpful & so much better than using an old ice cream container.
I really was looking for a compost bin without the holes at the top as I like to dip the lid into the dishwater to clean after it is emptied. This is problematic for the black filter inside the lid. I realize that the purpose of the black filter is to eliminate odors. And it would seem that most compost bins for sale online have the holes in the lid. I have found that if a compost bin with a solid lid is emptied often; there is no odor. One just needs to clean both the bin and the lid each time it is emptied.