Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now PSFF17_gno

Color: Natural|Size: 14.5 by 11.25-Inch|Change

Showing 1-10 of 359 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 450 reviews
on June 28, 2017
I got this 7 weeks ago and have used it 3-7 times a week since then, and it's my new favorite cutting board. Previously we used end-grain bamboo cutting boards, which hold up well, but they are so heavy that I have trouble moving them with one hand, much less washing and drying them, without dropping them. This one is so ridiculously light and easy to handle - I can easily pick it up with one hand. The size is perfect - it's big enough that I can cut up a whole large onion without anything falling off the side, yet it fits perfectly flat in my single-basin sink next to my wash tub, which makes it so easy and fast to wash. It does show cut marks when you use it, which I think is to be expected when you're not using end-grain wood, but I still think it looks nice and not worn out - and the black coloring inside the "Epicurean" branding has worn off a bit, but otherwise it's in great shape after being washed multiple times a week. We plan to buy a second one for raw meat, and will probably buy one of their carving boards in the future, too. I think my only complaint is that I hate that hole in the corner - I don't know who has the type of kitchen where they can hang cutting boards up at an angle from the corner, but I would prefer to have that extra space for chopping. However, for the price, I think this is a much better deal than their thicker, hole-free luxury version.
on August 24, 2015
I really like Epicurean boards in general so this board shouldn't have been an exception.

The 11.5x9 inch size is great for general prep work. I have a bigger board for when I'm working on an entire chicken or have a mountain of veggies to chop and a smaller board for when I just need to cut a lemon or lime for beverages.

That said I'm a bit frustrated with this board as it came stained...or bleached maybe? It had a sticker on it and when I removed the sticker it left an outline that has not gone away even with repeated washes.

Does it affect the products functionality? Of course not...

But it does irk me a bit : /
on August 18, 2016
I've owned this for over 3 years. Absolutely the best cutting board I have ever owned or seen. The Black / Slate color holds up to everything and cleans like a dream. I recommend these to all of my cooking friends.
on March 8, 2013
The smaller board in the photo is my oldest one, and the larger board is brand new. Both are "natural" color -- the small board started out life being the color of the large board. Photo is to demonstrate cutting board aging.

I started out with the 9x12 board in the natural color 6 or 7 years ago. I now own 4 of these, one in each size. I use the 9x12 and the 11x15 ones almost daily. They get abused. The 9x12 is still going strong. I let the dishwasher have them most of the time. I love that they're wood, yet they're so thin that I can store them upright along any cabinet wall. No matter how full a cabinet gets, there's still room along its interior walls for these. I haven't had issues with lingering chemical or food smells/tastes. The little 6x8 bar board tends to slide around a bit on the counter when something's being chopped on it, but I haven't had a sliding issue with the larger sizes.

There's definitely more beautiful wood cutting boards out there, but there's no beating these in the practicality department.
on March 6, 2017
We already have 3 of these - they are the ABSOUTE BEST CUTTING BOARDS you can buy. I should explain that we have tow properties (one a vacation home) and this gives us a backup. We goofed in that we intended to get a larger size but this will suffice as a backup.
The boards are easy on your knives and as long as you don't use serrated knives on them - they will last forever.
on March 6, 2017
Works great, exceeded expectations. The hard surface really helps in clean cuts, and clean up afterwards.
Those are all positives. The only possible negative could be the hole in the corner, while it's a positive, gives a grip to lift, a hole to hang - but also if you had liquid on the board, you may also have a drain. Minor, just something to be aware of.
Enthusiast: Cookingon February 24, 2014
I would buy this again, but I did not like that a knife does not glide smoothly when cutting.on this surface. Felt a kind of "drag". This is the only reason I gave it 4 stars. On the plus side, it is wonderful for very wet (fruit) chopping. As it washes up beautifully and can take being wet and scrubbed repeatedly. It is thin and bar sized small, so it fits in a dish rack to dry. I would buy it again and as a gift, but I personally still prefer my wood or bamboo boards. The trade off is that wood splits when you wash it too much under running water..
Enthusiast: Cookingon January 7, 2017
This is a great cutting board. Dishwasher safe. Can hang it up (see hole in corner). I purchased a second one for my daughter. I've always disliked wood cutting boards. We are not to put "wood" boards in our dishwasher since they can absorb the the soap etc. There is no question as to cleaning this board properly & hygienically. A great buy!
on January 6, 2015
This board is 11.5 by 8.5 inches (not quite as advertised, which seems silly). Despite that false advertising, I love epicurean cutting boards. They're easier to clean than wood or plastic; they're lighter than most cutting boards; they're safe for knives.

When thinking about purchasing this cutting board, please ignore the nonsense people are posting about chemicals. These boards do have a faint smell when they arrive but as long as you wash it before you use it, you will no longer smell anything.

I use this board at least twice a day. It has some faint scratch marks but thats normal considering I'm using knives to cut my food.

I highly recommend this cutting board.
on December 15, 2016
Great board, however it is VERY SLIPPERY. Get the one with the grip corners instead.