Epicurean Non-Slip Series Cutting Board, 17.5-Inch by 13-Inch, Natural/Red
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and Amazon Prime.
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- 17.5 x 13 inch wood fiber composite cutting board, natural color, removable silicone corners; dual-sided cutting surface
- Modified natural material is lightweight, durable, nonporous, knife friendly and dishwasher safe, and easy to maintain; NSF approved
- Silicone corners grip countertop surface, prevent board from shifting during use
- Made in USA from trees harvested under the guidelines of the North America Sustainable Forestry Standards
- Temperature resistant to 350 Degree F/175 Degree C; protects countertop; built-in hole makes it easy to grab, use and store
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
The heart of the kitchen is where memories are made, traditions are honored, and great food is prepared and shared. It is where you find Epicurean. Every Epicurean cutting board and kitchen accessory is made with naturally renewable or recycled materials in an environmentally responsible way. Our products are well-designed, practical, casual tools that feel at home in any kitchen where friends and family gather to share company and enjoy good food. We pride ourselves on heartfelt, original designs that are simple, functional, and beyond trend. Quality materials are carefully selected to be both durable and environmentally conscience, creating long-lasting products that balance performance with respect for the environment. Every Epicurean product also is made in the USA, creating good jobs and strengthening the economy.
Design from the heart
Epicurean understands the relationship between the products we manufacture and the environment we all live in. Epicurean is dedicated to creating long-lasting products that are manufactured with sustainable manufacturing practices and made from environmentally conscientious materials like recycled paper, plastic, and FSC certified papers. Epicurean products are fabricated using materials that gain their natural look and texture from the organic contents that comprise them. Each color is composed of a set of fiber sources layered together and pressed along with a food safe resin to form a sheet that has unequaled food preparation properties.
In 2003, Epicurean was founded by custom skate park manufacturer TrueRide as a way to repurpose excess skating surface material used by the company. The founders of TrueRide knew of the history of the surface material in commercial kitchens, so creating a line of home food prep surfaces from scrap was as natural as, well, skating on it. They knew the wood fiber composite used in skate park ramps was durable, non-porous, and dishwasher safe. It had been used in commercial kitchens for years. TrueRide skate parks last for years outdoors with extensive abuse from both weather and skaters, so you can be sure your Epicurean product can handle even the hardest working kitchen. Today, Epicurean cutting boards, kitchen tools, and utensils are at the center of everyday life for both casual cooks and seasoned gourmets. Our signature products are still made from the same natural, organic composite that made Epicurean a household name.
Made in the U.S.A.
Our sustainable manufacturing facility is located on the North Shore of Lake Superior in Duluth, Minnesota.
All Epicurean products offer a durable design that can stand up to the rigorous daily use of any busy kitchen. All Epicurean Non-Slip cutting boards can be cleaned in the dishwasher, or by hand in the sink with hot soapy water.
This product has been certified by the National Sanitary Foundation, so you know that it has met the rigid standards for quality and safety.
Heat Resistant to 350˚F
Epicurean wood fiber products are heat resistant up to 350°Fahrenheit / 176°Celsius, so you can use the surface as a trivet without leaving a blemish. (Not microwave safe & should not be used as cookware)
Limited Lifetime Warranty
Your Epicurean product is made to meet your complete satisfaction. Your product is warranted to be free from defects in material and workmanship for the lifetime of the product. *This warranty does not cover normal wear and tear, misuse, or failure to follow care instructions.
Cutting on Epicurean cutting boards will not dull your knife so you will sharpen less.
Compare to similar items
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Sun Zone||MMP Living||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Life and Home||Amazon.com|
|Item Dimensions||13 x 17.5 x 0.38 in||13 x 17.5 x 0.25 in||18 x 13 x 0.38 in||14.5 x 9.5 x 0.38 in||1 x 15 x 12 in||18 x 27 x 1.2 in|
This durable, dishwasher safe board by Epicurean is Made in USA, specifically on the North Shore of Lake Superior in Duluth, MN. It is an excellent choice for both the casual cook and the seasoned gourmet who values the environment and wants a dependable cutting board that is durable and cleans up easily. Every Non-Slip Cutting Board is made with naturally renewable or recycled materials in an environmentally responsible way, made from a wood fiber composite with silicone corners that grip the surface of your countertop. Wood Fiber Composite is sheets of resin-saturated fiber are compressed and baked to a solid sheet. The final product is exceptionally strong, yet maintains the warm, natural look and feel of wood. It is lightweight, nonporous, knife friendly and dishwasher safe. It won’t crack, split, or stain – making it the perfect material for cutting and serving. It also is classified as green. The wood fiber raw material comes from Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) certified sources and/or recycled paper. This durable material itself has been around for more than 65 years and is widely used for commercial, industrial and marine purposes, as well as skate park surfaces. It certainly can take anything dished out in the heart of the kitchen. It is also NSF certified, so you know that its cutting surface has met rigid standards for quality and safety. The durable boards have a ¼” profile so they are lightweight and easy to store. The built in hole makes it easy to grab and use. Epicurean is a way of life - a reflection of our personal values and those of our customers. Our products are well-designed, practical, casual tools that feel at home in any kitchen where friends and family gather to share company and enjoy good food. This natural colored non-slip board with red silicone corners measures 17.5 x 13 inches, can be used on both sides and is dishwasher safe.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I am now buying multiple cutting boards for meal prep and to use while others are in the dishwasher. I am throwing out my white plastic ones as they wear down over time and lose their ability to germ resistant.
The grips work well!
I love these boards because you can scrub the heck out of them, wash them with bleach to disinfect them, also, they can go into the dishwasher without warping! Any knife marks on the board are self-healing meaning you don't have splinters like you can get from regular boards. After about 3-5 years, I replace mine as I notice that the surface gets "soft" and THEN you can start finding tiny slivers when you cut/slice harder and more solid foods like meat, squash, partially-frozen chicken and pork.
My boards are in constant use. I would say about 2-3 hours of each day they are used for chopping, slicing, etc. If I use these boards this often and only replace them after 3-5 years, I MUST give these products 5 stars. And now that they come with the non-slip corners . . . let's just say I'm an even bigger fan of these cutting boards by Epicurean!
1) It's fairly easy to clean. To me, that's imperative because of food safety.
2) It holds up decently to sharp knives. I've noticed a little scoring on the board, but that's probably unavoidable - and it's good for the board to have a little bit of give, or else you end up with dulled knives after a while.
3) Stability: the composite material really seems to have a nice strength. I have never really had a problem the the board bowing while I'm cutting (as there is a little gap between the board and counter because of the rubber feet). The rubber feet work quite well to keep it in place on the counter, too, so it definitely stays put while you're cutting.
1) The shape bothers me. I would have much preferred for the edges to be straight. So far, I haven't noticed any functional benefit from the curved edges, and they make it a little tricky to store if you were to want to store it in a leaning upright position.
2) The cutout hole in the corner: I don't know why it is in the corner instead of lined up along the central axis. This isn't an issue that affects cutting at all, but if like me, you're dealing with limited storage space, it would be great to be able to hang this thing on the wall. But as it is, if you try to hang on a wall, it sits at an angle. At the very least, this just looks awkward.
3) Factory (un)fresh odor. When I first got it, the board had an off-putting odor, so I washed it a few times with soap and hot water, but he smell stuck until I used an washed it several more times. After a few weeks of use, it's completely gone, but I was worried at first that it was permanent.
Buy for the price and ease of upkeep. Maybe there are better boards out there, but this one is close to great.