Shop Auto Winter Products Salon Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch New album by Tim and Faith Electronics Gift Guide $24.99 for a limited time only Grocery Handmade Gift Shop STEM Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Despicable Me 3 available to buy Despicable Me 3 available to buy Despicable Me 3 available to buy  Echo Dot Black Friday Deals Week: Fire tablets starting at $29.99. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on April 13, 2012
Need a quick recipe this app is easy to use with the kindle fire no matter where you might be. You can get the shopping list and pictures of what the food should look like. The only problem was that I could not forward or e-mail the recipe to a friend.
on January 27, 2013
I was so excited for this app. Unfortunately it doesn't work on my kindle fire hd. The app seemed fine at first until I tried to read a recipe. The left 3/4 of the screen appears to be blown out of proportion, cutting the right 1/4 of the screen out. I deleted the app then redownloaded it, I restarted my kindle; all in attempt to give the app the benefit of the doubt. However it still doesn't work. This makes this app totally unusable; you can't make a recipe if you can't see the whole thing. It is such a disappointment of an app coming from such a great website.
on January 27, 2013
Love it on my iPad...can't use it on the Fire 7" no search keyboard, no view rotation, not ready for the Fire HD...too bad.
on April 1, 2012
I love that this app is always changing with the seasons and that you can see reviews from people that have made the recipes. I use this app often.
on January 6, 2013
So I installed this app thinking I could access all my saved recipies from epicurious website come to find out you cant. There is no option to log into your account so everything you have already researched and saved is not available. the search feature is also a pain. You can't just search by a recipie name, you can only search by a set list of fields such as course, meat, cuisine, dish type.... It is almost like this app has nothing to do with the real epicurious online. You can save stuff to your favorites but what a pain I already have everything saved in my online recipie box but can't access it via this app.
on April 17, 2012
This is a great tool. I have made several recipes from epi and they have all been great. I like reading the reviews and tweeking the recipes for my particular on hand ingredients. But am sure one could just follow the recipes exactly as written with successful results. I like thistle you can enter specific ingredients and come up with a vast supply of delicious meals to select from too.
on January 27, 2013
I love the recipes, the shopping lists, and the helpful category options when it' s first opened, but the right side is cut off, so I can' t read sometimes significant parts of recipes. Also, the search field is covered by the search button, which makes searching a challenge. Finally, an option to sort favorite recipes into folders would be great. it' 'll be a pain having to scroll through all of the fantastic recipes to find one for dinner, when they' re all mixed up together.
on December 31, 2014
I loved this app. I cannot stress how well designed this "epi" app proved to be in the long-run: from the caliber of recipe, to the incredible offline shopping list feature, which works directly from the ingredients list--simply brilliant. I was fast choosing this app over other recipe books for the consistent quality, ease of use and recipe/offline shopping list feature. So, you can imagine my unbelievable DISAPPOINTMENT when I purchased the new Kindle 8.9 to find this amazing, award-winning, indispensible application had not been written for the Kindle version (advertised most heavily) that had also been out for at least 6 months.
Please, please, please, I beg of Conde Nast Publishing and Amazon, initiate a dialogue re: this invaluable app. From all of us to all of you brilliant Developers, tweak the last tweak to speak the speak from this 2011 app to this 2013 Kindle 8.9 device, we beg of you. I don't want to carry around two tablets simply for that one app. Now, that would be absurd. Thanks for listening. Have a lovely holiday.
on January 8, 2016
I've used Epicurious on my old Kidle Fire (1st generation) and loved it. Ever since I switched to a new Kindle, the app isn't working properly. It opens just fine, I can even search, but the recipes won't display at all. I've tried reopening, restarting my Kindle, reinstalling the app. Nothing. It just won't show the recipes. It seems like an update that went wrong. I hope this will get fixed quickly and I can resume using my favorite recipe app. Untill then, only one star. :-(
on January 31, 2014
For one thing, they quote famous chefs and have their recipes on this site. That's fine, but the recipes are either super easy ("Cacio e Pepe"--Macaroni and Cheese Italian Style for example) or too outlandish to be appealing which ends up being, quite honestly, disgusting.

The next problem is that you cannot rate them after you have tried it. You are relying on others' ratings as food testers, which may or may not coincide with yours, however there is a section for your own notes and a Shopping List section where you can add what you need to purchase in order to make a certain dish.

The final problem that I found is that you cannot choose a recipe by a single ingredient. For example: Ground Beef. You cannot locate a recipe with those words. There isn't a Search Box for you to type in those words. What there is are categories that you have to search through which may contain upwards of two or three thousand recipes--for you to find the one that suits your needs, so in actuality, this site is somewhat labor intensive (read: a waste of time for those who don't have any) on your part to find a recipe that appeals to you.