Oil month Automotive HPC Rebound Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home Gift Guide Mother's Day gifts across Amazon Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fifty Shades Freed available to buy Fifty Shades Freed available to buy Fifty Shades Freed available to buy  Kids Edition Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now Start your Baby Registry

Epiphany
Format: Audio CD|Change

on October 8, 2009
I love this Sophomore effort!!! Chrisette is so refreshingly unique in a sea of musical mediocrity. I was fortunate enough to check out her Soundstage Concert on VH1 Soul where she performed several songs from this album. She tore into "All I Ever Think About" with so much intensity and depth that I was amazed. She sounds better live than she even does on her CD. I can put on this entire CD and just let it play - how often can you say that these days? Her sound is both mature and yet refreshingly modern - ahead of her time in my opinion. Her themes are timeless, delivered with a fresh approach. Far, far better than any of her contemporaries. Even the heavily promoted ones we can never seem to escape (who shall remain nameless). But I dare BET to let her perform this year, just bring in some new blood for a change and everyone will see what those of us who have her music have already come to know for ourselves. By the way, she actually stays dressed in her videos and presents herself as someone to be taken seriously - not just an object to simply be used and toyed with for some man's sexual gratification.

Honestly, in my opinion if you put her onstage with the well-known female artists of her generation (Ciara, Keri Hilson, Keisha Cole, Rihanna, etc), just place them all onstage together Chrisette will blow them away with her talent, intensity and unique delivery. Kind of like this generation's Patti LaBelle, in my humble opinion of course! It's just nice for a breath of fresh air and I can't forget a shout out to Ne-Yo for bringing out some of Chrisette's best work. Great collaboration! My personal favorites:

"Epiphany", "Blame It On Me", "All I Ever Think About", "Porcelain Doll". Chrisette, I just want you to keep it up 'cause your fans would like to see more of these high standards next go-round. You're in a class all by yourself.
VINE VOICEon May 12, 2009
No let down on her second effort as Chrisette releases "Epiphany". She worked with different songwriters on this among them Ne-Yo. Who brought a new and added dimension to her work. I was already a big fan of her previous cd and listened to that one on a regular basis. But with this one out now and wide variety of songs that i can enjoy from "Epiphany" to "Porcelain Doll" to "Fragile" to "On my Own". Each track brings you to a different place but those tracks mentioned above and others are so well written and produced. It makes you feel like each song has an emotional connection to you individually.

Love "Epiphany" and I look forward to seeing her out on tour and getting more recogntion. Because Chrisette truly deserves it.
on August 13, 2016
Have been wanting to buy this CD for several years and now I finally have this and I'm completely satisfied. I love this woman's voice, so melodic, unique, and sensual. Finally, it's mine!
on September 7, 2014
In my opinion, this is Crisette's best music to date. I like some of her songs but the rest I have no interest in whatsoever. This has nothing to do with her vocal abilities because she has the voice of an angel. I just feel there's music out there best suited for someone of her caliber. I think her next cd, (OPUS) I believe is the title, will showcase her many talents; composing as well. Best of luck CM.
on April 7, 2017
OMG! Great, great cd! She knows her music! I received promptly & I still continue to listen to it in its entirety! Thanks!
on October 5, 2009
The sophomore cd isbsolutely amazing. The title track is one of those break up sons at makes you feel good about leaving a relationship that was not providing you with what you deserve. Chrisette is an amazing singer and songwriter and brings her listeners along as she journey's to leave unfulling relationships, gain self love and finds the love she deserves. Can't wait for her next cd.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
To really be honest with you right now, there haven't really been a lot of great albums to actually come out in 2009, and more of them that actually feels like they are paperweights for spam. That also has sadly been the case with female acts too. With acts like Beyonce', Ciara and Kelly Clarkson, who have all been more about hype, released albums that somberly felt like you had just crashed down to the depths of Earth and not even coming close to have left you on cloud nine. For Chrisette Michele, she has shown that she has a lot to prove for her mark and what her songs feel like in R&B too. After the strength of her 2007 debut album I Am, there honestly has been a whole lot of pressure on Chrisette, not just to deliver, but get past the sophmore slump others have missed getting passed. Well that shows well for a Epiphany.

Chrisette Michele's 2009 sophmore album Epiphany is definitely a strong treat, and what R&B and Soul has really lost in its way now, leaning more towards Rap and Hip Hop. The songs here really sound great and bring in a strong appeal to fans, and not feeling the loss of despair. The album includes a lot of great songs, from the open-minded heartstrings of the title track Epiphany, to other great songs that don't make you feeling like your blue at the end of the day. The album also includes really upbeat titles like Mr. Right, Notebook, to the simplicity of ballads like On My Own, and the soulful and blue I'm Okay. The songs each really take you to a trip that doesn't feel like it is a waste of time, and money either. There really aren't a whole lot of letdowns here that are just wastes' of space and the ears. Chrisette delivers proof that someone who is more about heart, can deliver a much better album than what radio seems to appreciate right now.

All in all, Chrisette Michele's Epiphany is actually so far one of the very few best albums I've ever heard come out in 2009, and it shows that she has a great path ahead of her. This is honestly the kind of album that wannabe acts like Ciara, Kelly Clarkson, Rihanna and others could've really dreamed of making and failed to score. I do hope that Chrisette keeps on delivering more great Epiphanies like this one shined. She is absolutely not a gimmick act and that is definitely proof on this album here.

Songs: B

Price: B 1/2+

Mastering: B

Overall: B 1/2+
22 comments| 7 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on June 28, 2016
I had a copy of this CD and it started to skip. And I love this CD, so I bought it again.
on November 19, 2013
I like this product and proudly give it a Five Star Rating. I just recently became a listener of Chrisette Michele's music. This album clearly showcases this artist vocal abilities and skills. I love it.
on May 5, 2009
This album is awesome! I was wary of buying it at first because the only song I heard from it was, "Epiphany" and usually I need to like 2 or more songs on a CD before I decide to buy it. However, getting a brand spanking new CD for $2.99 is such a great bargin that I decided to break my rule. I'm so glad I did because this CD is awesome. Every track is awesome. Ne-Yo seemed to have been a big help on this album. Whether he's singing on a track or not you can tell where he has put his "Ne-Yo Touch". I only know two tracks from Chrisette's last CD, but this CD has made me a fan and I'm thinking about buying her debut album! (Also, at times during this CD she kinda sounds like Toni Braxton and at one point in one part of a song she kinda had a Heather Headley thing going on. Interesting.) Don't worry, the jazzy Chrisette that you fell in love with is still here, she's just showing a bit more of her R&B side!

My top 5 songs are:

Porcelain Doll
Mr. Right
Fragile
Another One
Playin' Our Song (This sounds like a J-Hud type song, but Chrisette does an awesome job)

This is the best female R&B album to come out thus far! Do not sleep on this album. I repeat, do not sleep on this album. You will be pleasantly surprised! ^_^