Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Enlightenment Now Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon victoriaS2 victoriaS2 victoriaS2  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18SW_gno

on March 25, 2015
Meet Annie, Mitchell and George three roommates trying to live a normal life. By normal you mean a near two hundred year old vampire who roommates with a man bitten by the wolf and every full moon turns into a werewolf. With there other roommate having recently died and comes back as a ghost with only those that are supernatural that can see here. Then yes you've found "Being Human".
A show in which the supernatural strive to be the one thing they aren't human. Living a quiet life in the hopes of achieving their dream. For Mitchell its being more then the monster that vampires are. For George its trying to make sense of the beast within and trying to be more then just an animal. For Annie its adjusting to the fact that for her life as she knows it is over and that death is just a beginning to something else. However the three of them must deal with bigger issues as a man named Herrick from Mitchell's past is putting into motion plans that will change the face of there tiny little town and the world.
So check out Being Human series One to meet those that would strive to become human.
on March 11, 2017
I loathe zombie/vampire stuff. Two exceptions: Game of Thrones and THIS. This show is fun, even when it's over the top. The first two and-a-half seasons are great, and it loses much of its joy once Aidan Turner leaves the show, but still... well worth watching. Everyone in the cast is very good, and several well-known Brits turn up as it goes along. SO MUCH better than the US version.
on January 18, 2011
Unfortunately I ignored this series for a long time because I am not a big fan of British SciFi. The ads for the Scyfy channels's new take on this show piqued my interest & I finally watched it. Dah! Slap me in the forehead! This is a great series. The characters are great. I was a bit worried about Annie the ghost at first. I thought "why does the girl always get the weak power / part?" But Annie is not weak at all. I think all the characters are strong & well balanced. I actually saw the new version last night & (so far) this is the better series. I've watched a couple of episodes instantly but will buy the DVD too.
on April 6, 2015
I watched the American version of this first and loved it. So how do I describe the fact that I love this original even more! Just the right amount of dark with my comedy, humor with my drama! Don't miss out! Plus it will have you talking with a British accent in no time ;)
on September 27, 2016
I have a disc problem so I'll comment on that first. Disc 1, episode 2 is highly degraded and most parts are missing or pixillating (is that a word?). The third try had the least amount of visual problems but the first 20 minutes were missing, although the remaining story wasn't too bad. There are no scratches or smudges but there is a watermark-like discoloration on part of the disc. I'm pretty sure that this is isolated to MY disc so nuff said. As for the show itself, I loved the charactors and their relationship with eachother. There were some very touching and some very funny moments and some very brutal scenes but that all adds up to being human.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on March 12, 2013
Reading reviews as well as catching bits and pieces of the American version on television I ultimately decided to order both the BBC and Syfy versions of Being Human. As a result I sided for the BBC series.

The BBC has believable characters that embody the figures they are representing. There isn't an awkward air that the American actors possess. If I am to watch something I want to become immersed in it rather than be continuously pulled to the surface by the soap opera-esque attitudes the syfy series can not seem to rid themselves of.

While the werewolf and vampire respective persona's are part of the main triad, the role of the ghost became the most noticeable to me. The BBC's Annie had me emotionally attached from the start. She is vibrant, passionate, and empathy is easy to form with her. Her "up" moments and "down" moments translate clearly with the viewer. The American Sally is a bit tougher to form a connection. There is a twinge or a movement that alerts the viewer that she is an actress which led me to become frustrated with the near persistent realization.

Keep in mind this is purely my opinion from the viewing standpoint.
on August 8, 2014
One of my favorite shows for a good reason and not just because of Aidan Turner as Mitchell. The acting is great, the story lines are entertaining and the show is funny along with having some great action and drama. Season one is definitely the best season of this show. Even if you aren't into Supernatural dramas you will probably find this show entertaining. Give it a try!
on February 28, 2015
Having watched and enjoyed the American version of this series, I expected the original (U.K.) version to be much like it but with different accents. WRONG. This original version is so much better. It is more condensed, less diluted than the U.S. version. And it has a better sense of dark humor. Season 1 covers a lot of ground.
on June 27, 2011
The best thing about being human is its ability to merge the supernatural with human life. How do three supernatural creatures live a normal human life when they are anything but human. The characters are all believable and well fleshed out. You really care about what happens to these characters.

I have heard about this series for a long time and caught the US version on SyFy, and then purchased the UK version when Amazon had it on sale. I am going to disagree with many of the other reviewers. I fell the US version is superior, but both are excellent. The UK version at times feels rushed and the greater number of episodes of the US version allows for more character development and a little more explanation.

I plan on watching and collecting both Versions.
on January 4, 2012
I got this as a gift for my daughter. Although I haven't watched the dvd yet, I did see the series. I was skeptical but was quickly turned into a fan. The performances are so believable and at times gut wrenching that I was quickly hooked. The actor who portrays Mitchel (the vampire) is currently filming Peter Jackson's "The Hobbit" so he has to be good.