Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Shop Popular Services TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports toystl17_gno
Customer Discussions > Glee: Season 2 forum

Episodes without Kurt

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-21 of 21 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Aug 16, 2011, 12:57:25 PM PDT
Adam says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Aug 16, 2011, 2:41:26 PM PDT
Ninsk says:
Wow, seriously? Homosexuality is just as right as heterosexuality, and little kids should not be teached different. But if that's how you truly feel, then fine. You wanna know which episodes have Kurt in them? ALL! Glee is about acceptance, and being who you are! If you are a homophobe, then why do you even consider showing Glee to your kids? Haven't you heard that Glee is 'the gayest show on television'?

Posted on Aug 17, 2011, 9:35:11 AM PDT
Adam says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Aug 19, 2011, 1:48:55 AM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Sep 5, 2011, 11:47:04 AM PDT]

Posted on Aug 19, 2011, 5:47:11 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Aug 20, 2011, 4:14:59 PM PDT]

Posted on Aug 21, 2011, 9:00:49 AM PDT
Brian says:
A Reviewer, you may want to just skip Glee if you want to skip the Kurt episodes. He is featured in almost every episode and the show heavily promotes individuality and acceptance (which includes gay characters). Not only that, but the show is meant for kids 14 and over (which I assume your children are younger).

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 23, 2011, 2:41:17 AM PDT
kittyworld says:
The word "phobia" means "fear". So homophobia means "fear of homosexuals". That means you are a homophobe, admited or not. You don't have to out right hate them by yelling slurs at them, but your actions of treating them like sub-human, and avoiding them at all costs are no less homophobic than those who call for their persecution.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 23, 2011, 5:43:45 AM PDT
I would definitely skip season 2 all together then. Kurt is in every episode & he gets a boyfriend & there is more than one kissing scene & lots of discussions about homosexuality. It's a shame that you are so close minded & ignorant. Hopefully your children will make their own decisions as they get older & not allow you to be a bad influence on them. Everyone deserves to be treated equally, not just those that YOU decide are important in this world. It's a shame too, season 2 is awesome!!!

Posted on Aug 24, 2011, 11:13:48 AM PDT
Yeah it's quite clear that you are a bigoted homophobe, but if you really want to know, the only episode without Kurt is the one called "Comeback."

Posted on Aug 30, 2011, 11:26:12 AM PDT
Adam says:

Posted on Sep 3, 2011, 10:54:26 AM PDT
A Good mom says:
People aren't being mean to you, they are pointing out that you are homophobic, ie.. the truth. By the way Kurt is not the only gay character in Glee... watch out for lady kisses between Brittany and Santana, maybe you should skip Glee since it does not agree with your narrow view of the world.

Posted on Sep 3, 2011, 11:29:55 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Dec 20, 2011, 9:38:56 PM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 4, 2011, 3:46:14 PM PDT
EMILGIRL says:
Everyone should be treated with courtesy and respect, but when you choose to go out of your way to not associate yourself with a group of people because of their sexual orientation, race, religion, etc you are acting in a hateful way...in my opinion. Why not be friends with people of a different color, sex, religion, or sexual orientation? Why not try to see the world in a different or new way? If you're coming from a religious background then don't most religions teach that one must love thy neighbor? Love. Not judge. Love. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 4, 2011, 3:51:04 PM PDT
EMILGIRL says:
Don't you think it is a good idea to have your children exposed to the idea of acceptance especially since you have a family member that is gay? Your children will be exposed anyways because gay people are all around us. Their human beings...not aliens. I think you need a lesson in acceptance yourself...to be quite honest.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 15, 2011, 9:58:20 AM PDT
A Good mom says:
You stating that homosexuality is immoral is just as disrespectful as someone stating your belief is narrow-minded. They are both opinions, but opinions that can hurt. The difference is that while your opinion could change a persons sexuality is not going to. (Not talking about acting on it, but their actual sexuality and who they are attracted to.)

Posted on Sep 15, 2011, 7:15:13 PM PDT
Discussions without A reviewer?

Can someone please list the discussion without A reviewer in them? I do not want my children to be exposed to stupidity, and would like to know which discussions to skip.

Posted on Sep 17, 2011, 8:48:42 AM PDT
Since Kurt is a main character in the show, you have two options: skip the show entirely, or just get the Glee encore DVD, which has only the music performances on it.

Posted on Oct 11, 2011, 11:28:52 AM PDT
Wow. This is unbelievable. Glee is a show about acceptance, and you should actually teach this to your kids. I heard of parents who watch Glee with their 6-year old son, who became intrigued with Kurt and Blaine's relationship and already revealed himself as gay thanks to Glee. If Glee can teach people how to accept lesbians and gays, and can even help people do their coming out, then it's a show to be valued and encouraged, not scorned and skipped.
Be homophobic if it suits you. But don't teach this to your kids. Let them be open-minded. Let them be respectable and tolerant. Let them be your opposite, it's better for our world.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2011, 10:29:58 AM PST
JJ says:
I don't think that's a good example. 6 year olds don't know what they want yet. When I was 6 I hated girls, but I grew up straight. Boys are notorious for disliking girls when they're young, so his admission that he was gay could very well be his preference of guys over girls at a young age.

But you're right the show is about acceptance. But I could see the OP point. The show isn't geared towards kids, but the singing and dancing definitely sparks young kids interest. So showing people puke on stage or having references to masturbation is uncalled for. Ryan Murphy is raunchy. He has terrific ideas, but he's gross sometimes. Take American horror story, it was good and creepy, then all of the sudden the male character starts masturbating on screen. Is that really necessary? It is rated Mature, so its not like its wrong or anything, my point is Ryan Murphy has no qualms about being gross in his telling of a story. The OP just thinks that the show could be better if it was geared toward all audiences. There are ways to appeal to all audiences, and tell risque jokes without being offensive so they go over young kids heads. Glee attempts to cross boundries because the writers have no clue what to write. That's why every character is suddenly coming out of the closet. The writers are running out of ideas so they figure, hey! lets make this character gay. At the rate its going I wouldn't be surprised if the whole cast became gay by the end of the show. The writers stink. Come up with a new storyline..

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2011, 8:46:27 AM PST
EMILGIRL says:
Many people change sexuality over time and that is natural. It is more heard of with girls, but that doesn't mean that showing an early preference to same-sex relationships is wrong, in my opinion. I thought I was gay when I was younger and feel that I am more bisexual. The show is about teenagers, not children so it is going to deal with teenage issues as well. It is up to the parents to decide whether their children can see a certain scene.If parents want they could see the episode and dvr it and only show certain scenes to their children (I'm talking about the throwing up scene, not the Klaine kissing scene because I think that was sweet and if parents are ok with heterosexual kissing than they should be ok with two males/or two girls kissing). I don't know what you mean when you say that everyone is coming out of the closet. Santana and Brittany were always in a same-sex relationship so it was always known that they like girls even if we didn't know that Santana was strictly lesbian. I am proud that this show has as much GLBT representation as it does.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2011, 10:31:02 PM PST
teached? really?
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Glee: Season 2 forum
Participants:  16
Total posts:  21
Initial post:  Aug 16, 2011
Latest post:  Dec 26, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

This discussion is about
Glee: Season 2
Glee: Season 2 by Cory Monteith (DVD - 2011)
4.6 out of 5 stars (814)