Epson Artisan 835 Wireless All-in-One Color Inkjet Printer, Copier, Scanner, Fax (C11CA73201)
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Smart, 7.8" touch panel - large display lights up only the buttons you need; includes a 3.5" LCD to preview, edit and print photos
- Ultra Hi-Definition prints from the world's fastest 4" x 6" photo printer1 - brilliant 4" x 6" photos in as fast as 10 seconds; DX5 MicroPiezo technology provides the finest color and detail without sacrificing speed
- Send faxes fast, even in color - fax in as fast as 3 seconds per page; store up to 60 speed dials and receive up to 180 pages in memory; also faxes legal-size documents; includes PC-Fax4 software
- Built-in wireless and Ethernet networking - built-in wireless (Wi-Fi CERTIFIED n)2 and wired networking; print, scan, and access memory card slots3 from any room in the house
- One-of-a-kind projects - easily create coloring books, personal note paper, invitations and greeting cards using your own photos
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
From the Manufacturer
What the press is saying:
|“The Epson Artisan 835 All-in-One is our new Editors' Choice printer. It offers great photo print quality, fast photo printing times, useful mobile apps, and a simple interface on its large LCD. Add in smart auto-correct software, and this connected all-in-one is well worth the investment.” LAPTOP Online, (March 16, 2011).|
Smart 7.8" touch panel and 3.5" LCD
With the Artisan 835, you get creative tools right at your fingertips. The smart 7.8" touch panel lights up only the buttons you need to get the job done fast. And, it includes an easy-to-view, 3.5" LCD to preview, edit and print photos or restore faded color photos, PC-free.Image quality beyond compare
The Artisan 835 delivers vibrant color photos and crisp, clear text. Working with 6-color Claria® Hi-Definition Ink, the "smart nozzles" in Epson’s exclusive DX5™ MicroPiezo® print head deliver up to five ink droplet sizes, some as small as 1.5 picoliters. This technology makes it possible to achieve exceptionally smooth gradations, amazingly accurate skin tones and sharp, grain-free photos. And, when it comes to scanning, the Artisan 835 offers powerful 4800 dpi resolution to capture incredible color and detail.
Perfect photos, every time
Now, you don’t have to discard poorly exposed photos. Thanks to smart photo enhancement features from Epson, you can make your pictures look the way you intended them to look. Built-in Auto Photo Correction automatically evaluates and corrects digital images — better than the competition. It even includes advanced face detection, which distinguishes people from scenery, correcting the color accordingly to ensure beautiful, natural skin tones. With the Artisan 835, you can also remove red eye. And, with convenient color restoration, you can easily bring old, faded photos back to life. It’s like having your own photo lab right at home.Individual ink cartridges — replace only the color you need
Six individual ink cartridges give you control over ink usage. Replace only the cartridge you need! Claria ink is also available in high-capacity cartridges to accommodate higher volume print needs.Sleek, compact design
Enjoy the best of both worlds: compact design and powerful performance. With Artisan, you get quality and speed, without sacrificing space or a stylish design. Sleek and chic, Artisan fits your lifestyle and your décor.Easily charge portable devices
Do more with your all-in-one. Easily charge a cell phone or MP3 player without tying up an additional power outlet.6 Just use the front USB port on your all-in-one!Advanced MicroPiezo print head technology
Advanced MicroPiezo print head technology, exclusively from Epson, ensures sharp, accurate ink placement, while optimizing print speeds. With "smart" nozzles, this powerful technology delivers droplets in as many as five sizes, some as small as 1.5 picoliters. So, you get remarkable precision, sharper detail and outstanding image quality — every print, every time.Ultra Hi-Definition prints at unbeatable speeds
The world’s fastest 4" x 6" photo printer2, the Artisan 835 is built to keep up with your busy life. Print brilliant 4" x 6" photos in as fast as 10 seconds†, without sacrificing quality. You’ll get richness, depth and clarity that satisfies professional photographers. The Artisan 835 is just as impressive when it comes to everyday documents like e-mails, driving directions, presentations and even homework, delivering speeds of 9.5 ISO ppm (black) and 9 ISO ppm (color).†Fast color copying and faxing
Quickly copy or fax stacks of documents with the 30-page Automatic Document Feeder. Fax documents (in black-and-white or color) in as fast as 3 seconds per page or receive up to 180 pages in memory. Store up to 60 numbers with the convenient speed dial list. And, with the included PCFax7, you can even send a fax right from your computer without having to print out the sheet and then fax it. It’s a great way to save time and paper!Captivating one-of-a-kind projects
With Ultra Hi-Definition printing, the Artisan 835 makes it easy to create brilliant photo books and captivating customized projects. Use your own images to create coloring book pages, greeting cards and more. Create elegant note paper and invitations in a snap. It’s simple with the smart, 7.8" touch panel. You can even use the 3.5" LCD to view and print photos, without ever turning on your computer!Professional looking CDs/DVDs
Now, there’s no need to use messy labels or markers in order to personalize CDs and DVDs. With this innovative feature from Epson, you can make professional looking discs that are easy to identify by creating your own design with your images and text and printing right onto ink jet printable CDs/DVDs. (Software included)Product protection you can count on
The Artisan 835 comes with a one-year limited warranty and free lifetime phone support8, so you can rest easy, knowing you have dependable service.Built-in wireless and Ethernet networking
Easily share your all-in-one with multiple computers. Go wireless with Wi-Fi CERTIFIED n networking, which delivers up to 2.5 times the performance of the previous 802.11b.4 Or, use the Ethernet port for wired networking. Print, scan, and access memory card slots3 from any room in the house.Great paper-saving features
With automatic two-sided printing, you can easily save up to 50% of your paper supply. You can even print up to four different pages on a single sheet. And, with two paper trays, the Artisan 835 is always ready to print photos or documents. Just select the paper type, and the Artisan 835 does the rest, automatically printing from the corresponding tray. Plus, with a 30-page Automatic Document Feeder, you can quickly print, copy, scan or fax stacks of originals.Worry-free handling of photos
With the Artisan 835, you get professional quality photos that are smudge, scratch, water and fade resistant, so you can handle them right after printing. Place them in an album or share them with family and friends, worry free.Prints that outlast photo lab prints
Six-color Claria Hi-Definition Ink, together with Epson premium photo papers, offers the ultimate combination of excellent photo quality and long lasting photos. Prints made with Claria ink last up to four times longer than those from a traditional photo lab9. With Epson, you can feel confident in sharing your prints for generations to come.
Quickly print from your mobile device
Do more with your Epson printer and your mobile device. Wi Fi - enabled Epson printers now work with several mobile applications to print photos, PDFs, Word documents, web pages and more! No need to use photo sharing websites and wait for your prints or print them out at your nearest drug store. You can now also print emails & attachments anywhere you go - at home, in the office or on the road. Get performance printing on the go with Epson mobile printing. See www.epson.com/mobileprinting for more information.
Be more informedThe new international ISO print speed standard
Print speed is critically important when buying a printer or all-in-one. But how do you compare print speeds when different manufacturers measure in different ways? Now you can. Much like the "MPG" ratings on new cars, there's now a new industry standard for measuring print speed, which allows for an "apples-to-apples" comparison between different printer models and brands. The International Organization for Standardization (widely known as ISO) developed this industry approved and internationally accepted standard, specifically for ink jet printers and all-in-ones. It measures "out of the box" (default) print speeds using "real world" printing scenarios, so you can be sure you're getting a product that performs at the speed you need.
- Smart, 7.8" touch panel — large display lights up only the buttons you need; includes a 3.5" LCD to preview, edit and print photos
- Ultra Hi-Definition prints from the world's fastest 4" x 6" photo printer2 — brilliant 4" x 6" photos in as fast as 10 seconds†; DX5 MicroPiezo technology provides the finest color and detail without sacrificing speed
- Built-in wireless and Ethernet networking — built-in wireless (Wi-Fi CERTIFIED n)4 and wired networking; print, scan, and access memory card slots3 from any room in the house
- Send faxes fast, even in color — fax in as fast as 3 seconds per page; store up to 60 speed dials and receive up to 180 pages in memory; also faxes legal-size documents; includes PC-Fax7 software
- One-of-a-kind projects — easily create coloring books, personal note paper, invitations and greeting cards using your own photos
- Results ready to share — lab quality photos are smudge, scratch, water and fade resistant
- Perfect photos made easy — Auto Photo Correction and red-eye removal
- Versatile paper handling — automatic two-sided printing with two paper trays, plus 30-page Automatic Document Feeder to quickly copy, scan or fax stacks of originals
- Bring old, faded photos back to life — easily restore the color to faded photos
- Print directly from your cell phone — supports iPhone and other mobile devices5
- Individual ink cartridges — replace only the color you need
- Professional looking CDs/DVDs — print right onto ink jet printable CDs/DVDs without labels
- Easily charge portable devices — free up a power outlet; charge cell phones and MP3 players6
- Epson PreferredSM program — one-year warranty and free lifetime customer phone support8
- Packaging Specifications (W x D x H) — Dimensions: Printing 18.3" x 25.8" x 7.8", Storage 18.3" x 18.0" x 7.8" and Weight 24.9 lb.
- ENERGY STAR® qualified
- Designed to be Recycled11
- Save up to 50% of your paper supply with automatic, two-sided printing
- Estimated power consumption for one year is less than two dollars10
- Save even more by printing multiple pages on a single sheet
- PC-Fax eliminates the need to print before sending a fax7
- Supports printing on recycled paper
- Epson America, Inc. is a SmarWaySM Transport Partner12
Epson Ink Supplies
What’s in the Box
- Artisan 835 Ink Jet All-in-One
- Setup and instruction manuals
- CD-ROM with drivers and creativity software
- Power cord & Telephone Cord
- Free sample paper pack
- Six Claria Hi-Definition Ink cartridges (one 98 High-capacity Black ink cartridge and five 99 Standard-capacity color ink cartridges: Cyan, Magenta, Yellow, Light Cyan, Light Magenta)
†What is ISO ppm?
ISO ppm is based on the new international standard for measuring print speed. Black and color print speeds are determined in default, single-side mode, in accordance with ISO/IEC 24734. Color photo in Draft Mode on Premium Photo Paper Glossy measured from start of paper feed. Actual print times will vary based on system configuration, software, and page complexity. See www.epson.com/printspeed for details, including complete ISO reports.
- Compared to photo all-in-ones priced at $300 or less as of 11/1/08 in testing by Newman-Stein, Inc.
- Compared to ink jet, photo all-in-ones priced at $299 or less as of April 1, 2010, based on independent testing.
- Some applications and/or functions may not be supported by Mac®.
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n certified; level of performance subject to the range of the router being used. Visit www.wi-fi.org/files/11nbasics_glossary.pdf for more information.
- See www.epson.com/mobileprinting for more information on optional phone applications.
- User supplied cable required to fully or partially charge USB devices that comply with USB 2.0 standards, rated 500 mA or less.
- For sending faxes only.
- Epson provides phone support, without charge, for the life of the product. Telephone toll charges may apply.
- Display permanence based on accelerated testing of prints displayed under glass in indoor display conditions; album permanence based on accelerated testing of prints in dark storage conditions. Actual print stability will vary according to media, printed image, display conditions, light intensity, temperature, humidity and atmospheric conditions. Epson does not guarantee the longevity of prints. For maximum print life, display all prints under glass or UV filter or properly store them.
- Calculated copying five sheets of A4 size color documents per day; one day defined as 8 hours with the power on and 16 hours with the power off. Power consumption will vary according to the customer’s product usage. Based on a 2008 national average electricity cost of 11.47 cents per kWh.
- See our website for convenient and reasonable recycling options at www.epson.com/recycle
- SmartWay is an innovative partnership of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency that reduces greenhouse gases and other air pollutants and improves fuel efficiency.
Top Customer Reviews
I decided to get an Epson Artisan after reading what digital photographers said about the quality of its photo prints and looking at some samples prints at a local store. I was somewhat wary of reports that the Artisans were "ink hogs." Although I've used HP printers for many years, I was willing to give Epson a try. I've been very satisfied with my decision.
Setting up the 835 was a breeze. I have it networked to three wireless laptops, two wired desktop PCs and a wireless desktop PC. I was pleasantly surprised that installing Epson's software was fast and easy. The first test I performed was making a 4 x 6 print of a photo that I'd never been able to get quite right with my HP printer. To my amazement, the 835 produced a flawless print on the first attempt without any adjustments. I immediately tried some other prints, including a few 8 x 10s. Only in one case in which an image was not properly cropped did I feel the need to make more than one print. Printing photos is now a joy.
I found the scanner fast and easy to use. The scanning results are also impressive. The ability to create and print labels for CDs and DVDs is a welcome capability.Read more ›
Let me start with the POSITIVE:
-The features, for the most part, work as advertised and without any fuss. The auto-duplex mode is great and I have not had problems with paper jams. There was only one occasion when the printer would feed two pieces of paper as opposed to one when it printed out a document; but it works without problems otherwise.
-The print speed is very good (noticeably faster than the HP 5150) and the quality is as well (at least on par with the HP). The photos I printed were of excellent quality!
-One of the main features in which I was interested was printing directly onto CD/DVD. I use Roxio Label Creator for this purpose, not the included EPSON software, and that did take some trial-and-error before I figured out what settings I needed to use. But once I found those, it has been terrific!
-Copying quality is excellent and scanning speed is adequate, and additional features like printing ruled papers is terrific (though printing two-sided ruled papers automatically would be even better)!Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
don't go there. epson has the most inconsistent product out there. sometimes it will scan, sometimes it won't. print quality is ok at best when you use the epson cartridges. Read morePublished 2 months ago by bob saunders
All I need to print is black and white mailing labels and now need to go buy color ink cartridges to print black ink doc.
Such typical printer company Bullsh*t. Read more
It is a great printer. the only problem I have is the cost of the ink.Published 5 months ago by Thomas E. Slonaker
This has to be the worst printer Epson has put out. In short words.... IT SUCKS!!!
I've owned this since new and had it replaced twice by Epson due to a failing LCD touch... Read more
Worked well enough for me in general. It has some problems with thicker/stiffer paper but I figured it wasn't a pro level printer so I wasn't expecting it to be perfect. Read morePublished 10 months ago by Hotrock
I bought this 4 years ago. It has never run right from the beginning. I sent it back twice because of various malfunctions, they sent me another one that had different problems... Read morePublished 10 months ago by LgW