Epson B11B178011 Perfection V700 Photo Scanner
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Photo scanner reproduces photographs with professional quality
- 6,400 dpi resolution: incredible precision and detail
- Can scan slides, negatives, and medium format film
- Innovative dual lens system automatically selects two lenses for desired resolution
- 4.0 Dmax for exceptional image quality
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers also shopped for
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Compare with similar items
Epson Perfection V600 Color Photo, Image, Film, Negative & Document Scanner - Corded
Epson Perfection V800 Photo scanner
Epson Perfection V850 Pro scanner
Epson FastFoto FF-640 High-Speed Photo Scanning System with Auto Photo Feeder
Epson Perfection 4490 Photo Scanner
|Shipping||—||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||$9.49|
|Sold By||Available from these sellers||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Shopping_Service_onLine|
|Connectivity Technology||USB||USB||USB||USB||USB||USB Cable|
|Item Dimensions||6 x 20 x 12 in||11 x 19 x 4.6 in||24.8 x 10.2 x 17.8 in||24.8 x 11.1 x 17.4 in||11.8 x 8.7 x 8.1 in||21.5 x 7.9 x 13.9 in|
|Operating System||PC, Mac||Windows/Mac||Windows, Mac||Windows, Mac||Windows, Mac||Select Windows, Mac platforms|
Get professional quality results from virtually any photographic original with the Epson Perfection V700 photo scanner. With groundbreaking 6400 DPI resolution, the powerful scanner consistantly delivers precision color and detail, whether scanning slides, negatives, or medium-format film. With a 4.0 DMax, it offers exceptional image quality, excellent detail in shadow areas and remarkable tonal range.
From the Manufacturer
From the Manufacturer Get professional quality results from virtually any photographic original with the Epson Perfection V700 Photo Scanner. With groundbreaking 6,400 dpi resolution, this powerful scanner consistently delivers precision color and detail, whether scanning slides, negatives or medium–format film. With a 4.0 Dmax optical resolution, it offers exceptional image quality, excellent detail in shadow areas and remarkable tonal range. 48–bit color and 16–bit grayscale provide subtle shades and accurate color reproduction for everything from professional slides to simple business documents.
Epson Perfection V700 Scanner with built–in 8" x 10" transparency unit
6400 x 9600 dpi resolution for film enlargements up to 17" x 22"
The Epson Perfection V700 Photo Scanner goes one step further than typical home scanners. With its Dual Lens System, this innovative product automatically selects from two lenses for the desired scan resolution.
One–stop photo restoration solution
The V700 Photo also offers a host of powerful tools for photo restoration. Digital ICE
Restore faded color photos, slides and negatives, back to their original brilliance with Easy Photo Fix scanning technology, exclusively from Epson. Take those old family photos out of that shoebox in the closet and share precious moments once again. Just scan your photos renew the color with one click. It’s just that easy. In seconds, you’re ready to print and display those memories for all to enjoy. Along with color restoration, Easy Photo Fix also includes Grain Reduction and Backlight Correction.
|Increased productivity |
With the convenient film holders included, you can even batch scan multiple slides and negatives to increase productivity. This powerful performer gives you the industry’s leading scanner technologies, all right at your fingertips.
The 8" x 10" transparency unit (built into lid) has four film holders: 35mm negatives,
Flexible Options, Comprehensive Software
The Epson Perfection V700 Photo is compatible with both Macintosh and Windows operating systems, and includes FireWire and hi–speed USB 2.0 interfaces. Its comprehensive software package includes LaserSoft Imaging SilverFast SE 6, Adobe Photoshope Elements, ABBYY FineReader Sprint Plus OCR, Epson Copy Utility and Epson Scan with Epson Easy Photo Fix Technology. Epson also provides a one–year warranty covering parts and service.
- Optimize each scan with the exclusive Dual Lens™ System from Epson™ — Automatically selects from two lenses for desired scan resolution
- Achieve professional quality scans — Delivers unparalleled performance with 6400 dpi optical resolution
- Enjoy remarkable tonal range and greater shadow detail — Provides a 4.0 Dmax for smooth gradations and fine shadow detail
- Remove dust and scratches from film and many types of surface defects from prints — Includes Digital ICE™ Technologies, so you can automatically remove dust and scratches, minimizing costly retouching
- Batch scan multiple slides, negatives and medium–format film — Makes it easy to achieve greater productivity with convenient film holders
- Dimensions (W x D x H) — 12" x 20" x 6" and Weight 14.5 lb
What the press is saying:
|"Eye–popping optical resolution of 6400dpi, a high maximum density of 4.0 and true 48–bit output allow this versatile letter–format flatbed scanner to deliver top–notch results at a reasonable price" Staff, American Photo (July/Aug 2006)|
|"Having worked with high–quality photography throughout my life, I’m very demanding in terms of what I want in a final scan, and the V700 not only met, but often exceeded, my demands. It was a professional–quality scanner and produced extremely high–quality results – and thanks to the intelligence incorporated in the design of the scanner and the accompanying software, it also was easy to use." Ron Lafon, Cadalyst (8.5.2008)|
What’s in the Box
- Epson Perfection V700 Photo scanner – with DIGITAL ICE Technologies
- 8" x 10" transparency unit (built into lid)
- Four film holders: 35mm negatives, 35mm slides, medium format and 4" x 5"
- 8" x 10" Film Area Guide
- CD–ROM with Epson Scan software and productivity applications
- DVD–ROM with Adobe® Photoshop® Elements
- CD–ROM with LaserSoft Imaging™ SilverFast® SE6
- Hi–Speed USB 2.0 cable
- Epson Setup Sheet
- AC adapter and power cable
Legal DisclaimerBrand new. Fast shipping.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
- The scan quality is exceptional; far beyond what I was expecting. All the flaws in my past film photography are painfully evident.
- The Silverfast software is an enormous pain to set-up, update and use. I question whether it is worth the effort and cost because the much simpler Epson software seems to do fine. I prefer editing after the scan in Photoshop, which is a pain. But, to be fair all my edits have all been very simple and I have not had to make major modifications to the images or deal with significantly damaged slides.
- There is a minor flaw in the scanner bed's glass; a dot on the underside of the scanner that makes a black spot appear in the middle of the second slide. I have to leave that slot in the slide holder empty or edit out the black spot later. I should have figured it out sooner and sent it back to Epson for a repair or exchange, but now way out of warranty. Check for such flaws with test scans (sky images work best to show them) immediately upon arrival.
We read in several forums about other V700/V750 users having problems with loud clicking/malfunction in the top unit. So it does seem to be a hardware issue of some kind. I filled out a form on Epson's website about my problem, and quickly got an email telling me to make the dreaded call to tech support. This I did, on a Tuesday morning, and was speaking to someone (in another country I am certain, but in 90% clear English) within 2 minutes. I had already tried all the (limited) fixes she suggested. Since my V700 was under warranty, Epson is shipping me a new one and paying for this one to be returned to them afterward (they took a credit card number to hold me to returning the old unit, no problem with that.)
So although I'm disappointed by the hardware failure, I was pleasantly surprised by Epson's tech support and their response in this case. I think Epson could have saved a buck or two by just sending me the top unit (which is easily detachable) but I'm not complaining about that. It is generally a very good scanner as other reviews here attest.
Only four stars because it came with some "fog" or haze or something on the inside surface of the platen glass, where I cannot get at it to clean it off (without disassembling the scanner). It needs to have some way to allow you to remove the platen for cleaning on both sides.