Epson Perfection V500 Photo Scanner
|Price:||$399.99 & FREE Shipping. Details|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Create crystal-clear photo enlargements and scan slides, negatives, and medium-format film
- Easy Photo Fix quickly restores faded photos with one touch
- Digital Ice technology removes dust particles and scratches from images
- Energy-efficient LED light eliminates warm-up time while allowing faster scans
- 1-year limited manufacturer's warranty
There is a newer model of this item:
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Compare to Similar Items
This item: Epson Perfection V500 Photo Scanner
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Lady Robinson's Treasures||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com|
|Dimensions||4.5 inches x 10.7 inches x 18.8 inches||4.6 inches x 19 inches x 11 inches||4.6 inches x 19.1 inches x 11.2 inches||5.2 inches x 15.9 inches x 19.5 inches|
|Item Weight||8.82 pounds||9 pounds||9.6 pounds||8.7 pounds|
Please help us improve this feature. Tell us what you think of this feature.
From the Manufacturer
|This Product Is ENERGY STAR® Qualified|
Products that earn the ENERGY STAR prevent greenhouse gas emissions by meeting strict energy-efficiency guidelines set by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and the U.S. Department of Energy--plus they help us all save money while making a difference. Find out more about ENERGY STAR.
|This product is Certified for Windows Vista.|
Only Certified for Windows Vista software and devices have undergone compatibility tests for ease of use, better performance, and enhanced security on PCs running the Windows Vista operating system. Find out more.
Top Customer Reviews
So far, the unit has worked flawlessly. Software installed cleanly on first try. Front panel buttons can be reprogrammed for other than the default (e.g., I changed the button for email attachment to launch the OCR to text software included.)
A tip for those who buy this unit for slide and/or film scanning with ICE and scanning 2-4 slides at a time: Click the "All" button in the preview window after prescanning (previewing) the multiple slides to select all slides, then click the checkbox for ICE to insure that all slides are processed by ICE. You won't find this in the documentation or on Epson's website.Read more ›
1. Very simple to set-up and then operate. I scanned my first photo within 30 minutes of unwrapping the package. No problems with the software and the on-line User's Manual is really easy to follow.
2. Very fast scanning. The scan (including preview) of photos is unbelievably fast. But I was really surprised at the speed of scanning slides. A normal scan (without using Digital ICE correction) of 4 slides took less than 5 minutes. Compared to some of the other products, I've been reading about this is lightning speed.
3. Very quiet. When scanning photos, you can barely hear it. A little more noise when scanning slides, but certainly not bothersome.
4. Offers 3 modes to choose from - Auto, Home, and Professional. The Auto is the easiest and results in a very good photo. The Home and Professional offer a number of correcting features (more with the Professional mode). I am an intermediate Photoshop user and the Professional mode was as close to using an editing software as I've ever seen. The scan time slows down a bit when you use these correcting tools, but again - no big deal). Once I get the hang of it, I'm sure it will speed up the amount of time I will need with Photoshop.
5. Digital ICE is fantastic! This feature is used when only scanning film or slides. I first scanned slides without using it.Read more ›
It's fairly easy to set up the scanner. Simply take it out of the box, plug in the plug to power the top of the unit (if you're using this to scan negatives, you'll need this backlight, for everything else you can keep it unplugged), plug in the power cord and get the USB ready. Note: there is a lock that covers the USB, probably to help protect it if you were going to be traveling a lot with you scanner (who would do that, I don't know, it's too big for easy travel), so you will probably have to slide that over so you could access the USB port. Be sure to take off all the blue tape, both outside of the unit as well as on the inside cover of the top. Also note that the inside top cover has a lock as well; this is for the scanner head, and you may have to unlock it prior to actually scanning (I did).
Before plugging in the USB to my computer, I installed the various driver and application components on the CD. This actually took a lot longer than expected. I have a fairly fast PC with a 52X ROM, and it took close to five minutes to install the various applications (Creativity Suite, FineReader 6.0 Spirit (an OCR program), the scanning application and the User's Guide). There is also an accompanying CD with Adobe Photoshop Elements (4.0 for Windows, 3.0 for Mac), but as a Photoshop CS3 user, I didn't bother to install this.
Registering the product is fairly easy. The unit's ID can be found on the back left of the unit.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I have used this for a few years now without any trouble whatsoever. Perfect scans, copies, photos...really worth every penny!Published 2 months ago by mark feiner
I absolutely love this scanner! I can not say enough good things about it. After my gran passed we found boxes of photos and negatives of the family. Read morePublished 4 months ago by SweetPickle
Great scanner and my best ever! I have tons of pictures and I am always scanning. The only thing I could find that better is if scanners have document feeders to feed a stack of... Read morePublished 4 months ago by Lil Rico
Scanner was bought to scan a LOT of old slides. It worked like a charm!Published 5 months ago by N. Flynn
Bought several years ago for archiving old slides and negatives.
The unit offers excellent quality, though as expected, the speed goes down as quality goes up. Read more
I'm very pleased with the quality of the scans produced by this scanner. I've scanned both photograph prints, as well as 35 mm slides with it. Read morePublished 6 months ago by pre_567