Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 114 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 139 reviews
on May 7, 2013
I bought this projector for work (I am a mural artist) to project images into the wall for me to trace- but soon found myself watching movie after movie at home in my new theatre! (I taped up a white bed sheet over my wall as a makeshift screen- works well!)

-The setup is easy and only takes minutes. So far I've connected it to my macbook pro (its like having a second monitor where you can drag things from one screen to the other) and my PS3 using HDMI.
-The sound system on the machine is very weak (kind of expected) and should be used as backup or when traveling, but you can easily connect an external sound system through a laptop or some AV cables (be creative).
-The quality is crisp (adjustable to your liking)- though I think it gets slightly pixelated when projecting from more than 25 ft away (small words become a bit choppy) ...i could be using it wrong though.
-The projection is very bright and can be clearly seen even with the lights on (which makes it great for on-the-job).
-It's small and light, and comes with a nice carrying case that makes is easy to pack up n move around.
-You can adjust the angles and other things very quickly with the buttons either on the machine or the remote control it comes with.
-The fan gets rather HOT! I'm wondering if it may be getting too hot sometimes? Although it does have a "CAUTION: HOT" label right on top. So use in well conditioned areas- it WILL heat up a small room!

-I'd highly recommend this product. I'm sure there are better, more crisp and clear ones out there ($$$), but this one still exceeded my expectations.
on September 4, 2012
I purchased this projector to replace my Toshiba t-45 (DLP), I picked this because a friend of mine had the 5200 model and was very happy, after signing up for the "free $50" for applying for the Amazon Gift card, this projector and a few long HDMI cords came out to around $450. I was shocked at the price since my DLP (non-HD) projetor was around $800 years ago.

Since I was replacing a projector, I took this thing out of the box, mounted it, ran the HDMI cable and was watching HD TV from my receiver and PS3 within a few minutes. The corner feature is great to get a good picture very quickly and the picture was crystal clear. I had to have my basement completely pitch black to watch a movie or game, now I can have a good amount of lighting without hurting the picture. For me that wasn't a big deal, but with a 3 year old who loves to run it was a dangerous thing! This thing fires up quickly and looks fantastic, I now have 2 projectors in my basement for Sunday Football, and for the cost, the Epson EX5210 is your best bet! You won't regret it!
on August 1, 2013
I bought this projector in April of 2013. I was a little worried but decided to buy online and try it out. I had used a projector I got for free for about a year prior that had similar specs, ended up doing a lot of research at projectorcentral.com, great site by the way. I use this projector for movies/gaming, I have both a PS3 and an XBOX 360, as well as a MacBook Pro I hook up through the HDMI port. Great quality, great graphics, doesn't heat up really bad, great features. I have my projector about 11-12 feet away from my wall and it has about an 8 foot screen and thats the smallest it will get. Great buy, great price. Only two things I could suggest improvement on: 1. It shipped through some third party company I can't remember the name of, they gave me an 8 hour window of delivery which was extremely frustrating.... 2. It cools down really fast which makes me worry a bit it's not getting good cool down time, like 15 second cool down while most others take at least a minute. Other than that I recommend it to anyone who is interested!
on October 17, 2016
Received the EX5230 model. This one replaces my very similar Epson (purchased 2010) whose logic board went out. I have never had a compatibility issue with any speaker laptop with an Epson projector, a major reason I like the brand. Has both VGA and HDMI ports. Supports 4:3 and 16:9 aspect ratios. I normally have an Apple TV box connected to its HDMI port so I can connect wirelessly from Apple devices. Resolution is sufficient. Air noise is noticeable but not enough to disrupt the presentation. Brightness is great.
on February 14, 2012
This, for the $449 Amazon price the day it was released is a 5 star projector. Very quiet fan. Quick on and off (instant off). Excellent brightness. Colors decent out of the box with no real fiddling. My only complaint is that the zoom limits are pretty tight. I find that my old Sony from many years back had better zoom range, so that I could have the projector further from the screen. This little guy needs to be close, as I can't make the image small enough. Zoom on the other end it ample, but if you are in a room where the projector must be far from the screen, watch out. That could be the one fatal flaw for this one. I got this because of the easy HDMI connection to show 1080p inputs (scaled the the native resolution of the projector, of course). It is great in this regard. It is also fine for me as a data projector in 1024x768 (native resolution). I recommend highly for the current (Feb 2012) $449 Amazon price. If I had to pay the full list price, I might consider others - like the Epson 1920x1080 native projectors. For the price difference at the low price for the EX5210, it is a no brainer to go with the EX series.
on March 18, 2013
My husband spent months trying to convince me that we needed a home theatre in our basement. I spent months trying to convince him that in order to get theatre quality, we would need to spend thousands. I WAS WRONG!! After reading the reviews of many projectors, we settled on the Epson EX5210 Projector. It was within our budget and had many great reviews! The day we received it we excitedly set everything up. We hooked the Projector up to the Play Station 3 and put in The Lorax (our kids are obsessed with this movie). Our jaws hit the floor when we saw the picture. We called the kids down to see the movie....their expressions were priceless! This projector is everything we wanted and more...AND within our budget!! Now every night is movie night!!
on April 3, 2015
This is a really nice projector for the price. I've had it for over a year now and haven't had to replace bulbs or anything else. It is pretty much plug and play -- it only takes a minute or so to install the drivers on a new computer. My only complaint is the that the remote has a massive number of buttons and the advance slide buttons are very small and hard to find. This makes for an awkward moment when a new user is giving a presentation and has to figure out how to use it. Also, it would be nice if the remote had a laser pointer. My advise is to buy a better aftermarket remote.
on March 19, 2014
Bought this projector some months ago from Amazon and has worked very good. I am a college professor and have been using it about once or twice a week in my classroom, most of the time even with daylight coming thru the windows and do not have any complaint. Bright and clear images and acceptable resolution.. Did not have any issue in setting it up in several computers..since sometimes the sudents prefer to use theirs in the presentations and they just hook it up and listo!!!..Uses so far only in basic Power Point presentatios..I know it hs many more features..
Used it also once in projecting a video on a wall and seemed OK. I just wish it would have been a little bit cheaper.

E Barron
on November 28, 2012
I purchased this projector in August, 2012, but did not get it out to use it until November. When I hooked it up and began using it, there were visible curved lines in the projected picture. I called Epson tech support and did a couple of tests to make sure it was the projector and not a cable defect. He checked to make sure they had a new replacement in stock, which they did, and said that I would receive the replacement in two days. This was a Monday. I received the replacement on Wednesday, as I was told. The replacement projector is fine. I can't say enough good about the Epson customer service.

As for the projector, I am very pleased with the replacement. I found that I needed to connect both the USB and VGA cables in order to use the Epson remote. It was fairly easy to set up. I am extremely pleased with the quality of the projected picture.
on May 5, 2014
This is a great projector. This is actually my second one. My company provide the first one, and after I retired, I needed one for personal use. It was convenient not to have to search for another model. The lumens are great for a large room from a distance of up to 30 feet. I do dim the the lights slightly for optimal effect. This projector is very easy to use. I primarily use the HDMI feed, but also use the video RCA jacks for DVDs. I do use external speakers for a large Sunday School class, so I cannot really comment on the sound quality.