Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 10 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 27 reviews
I bought this projector over four years ago on a whim, to present a class I was doing on teaching adult Sunday School. It was horrendously more expensive than what I needed for a one time application. But, as time went on, I have used it for many, many presentations since, and I am just now discovering all the things it can do. As I write this review, I will begin using it to do slide shows from an SD memory card, without need of a PC. And, there are so many things which one could do with such an application, such as project wall sized maps in a classroom, where the cost of an average wall sized map is over 100 dollars. I love this projector. It has not once let me down. If it ever broke down, I would get precisely the same model. I am even reluctant to look at newer models, for fear that there will be fewer features and will work less well. Note that this is a review for the top of the line moded, EX 70.

As long as I am equipped with the right memory and cables, there is virtually nothing I cannot do with this baby. Be assured, however, that this is designed for office use. I will use it for prohection onto a large screen, but theatre style presentations are just a bit outside its range. But for the office, it is positively super.
on March 5, 2009
Used this projector in a basement remodel. I already have a substantial home theater setup in another room and was looking for a projector, to make a game/movie lounge for my kids to hang out in, that would not be overly expensive.

I got the EX70 for $619 (local store wanted $799). I have an XBOX360 connected by HDMI and a PS2 connected through composite. Both platforms look great for games and movies. I didn't even buy a screen, I just painted the projection wall white. Set up was easy, the remote is intuitive and the built in speaker is even usable-not theater quality of course but functional. I added a Pioneer V918 ($240) and a Yamaha 5.1 speaker set ($129) and so for slightly under $1000, I have a 93 inch screen capable of 720p HD, 5 speakers, a sub, and an HDMI switching 100 watt/channel receiver.

Update**** Pioneer would not pass the HDMI signal to this projector from either an XBOX 360 or a Motorola U-verse receiver so it is being returned. Not the projector's fault. HDMI (HDCP) is the single worst plague unleashed on the AV world ever. How do you call it a standard when half the stuff you hook up will not work?
on December 15, 2009
I am delighted overall with the projector; it is very easy to set up and use, and I especially like being able to plug in a "thumb" drive to show my presentations without having to set up the computer as well. The only downside (and that may be because I'm still learning to use it) is the out-of-sync with the audio and video from a DVD showing. I bought a separate y-audio cable and that helps when using the projector speakers but voice deliveries still are not sync'd enough to eliminate that annoyance. Also, there are minute hesitations from time to time--again may be operator error or some problem in my computer. Looking forward to getting better acquainted with the projector and thus more experienced in its use.
on February 16, 2017
Amazing projector. Excellent picture quality. Hardly need any cool down time when power is turned off.
on April 16, 2011
The quality of the projector and its image is not bad, but my lamp died after only ~1500 hours. And the replacement costs $150+. I am not sure whether my case was a typical one, but my experience tells that their claim about the life of lamp (3000 hours) is simply wrong.
on March 18, 2009
This my first projector. We are using at home for movies. We will also use it outside for outdoor movies. So far, we have used it in our living room, showing it on a 4x8 shower board. Love it. I don't have much to compare it to, but we love it.
on August 14, 2009
We bought this projector for our church and it works great in our setting. We've only had it for about 3 weeks and it's been working great. It is a very bright projector, which is what we wanted. In the sport mode you will get the brightest screen.
on November 24, 2009
The projector works as stated and has worked well in presentations for workshops. The features work for me and work well with my teaching style.
on November 15, 2009
Recieved the projector in good shape and after an easy setup a great picture and good sound
on January 30, 2009
Our last projector died, so we replaced it with the Epson EX70. We use our projector for movies, HDTV and video games and have become accustomed to a crisp picture and beautiful colors. This unit, however, has a very soft picture with no depth, color or crisp lines. I have since found out that it is a "Screen door effect" common on LCD projectors. Also, The black lines on the top and bottom (which each projector has) are so washed out that they appear a bluish color even in a completely darkened room. One of our tests was to put in the Dark Knight blu-ray disc. It looked awful. Guitar Hero on the PS3 was our second test. Again, the blacks were blue and the colors all washed out. No matter how many adjustments we tried (color, saturation, contrast, brightness) we could not get a satisfactory picture. Unfortunately we'll be returning this unit and purchasing a DLP projector.

On the plus side, the unit is nice looking, lightweight and has an easy to use remote. Perfect for presentations and the office or classroom setting. But for movies and video games, not at all what we were hoping for.