Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Epson EX7240 Pro WXGA 3LCD Projector Pro Wireless,..." and save 15% off the $587.99 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Epson EX7240 Pro WXGA 3LCD Projector Pro Wireless, 3200 Lumens Color Brightness
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Far more accurate color with Epson — 3LCD, 3-chip technology for 3x Higher Color Brightness (1) and up to 3x Wider Color Gamut (2) than competitive DLP projectors.
- Look for two numbers: 3200 lumens (3) Color Brightness for more accurate, vivid color and 3200 lumens (3) White Brightness for well-lit rooms.
- Pro-quality projector — WXGA resolution (1280 x 800) offers 2x more resolution than SVGA for HD-quality presentations; plus enhanced connectivity.
- Wireless — project from your laptop, tablet, or smartphone (4) without plugging into the projector, so you can move freely about the room. Weight: 5.3 pounds
- Share HD videos directly from your smartphone, tablet or streaming device — supports MHL-enabled devices, including Chromecast and Roku Streaming Stick.
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
* Based on TFCinfo: US Projector Brand Customer Perception and Preference Study, Projectors 2015.
Far More Accurate Color with Epson
- Left: 1-chip DLP Projector
- Right: Epson 3LCD Projector
The Widescreen, Wireless HD Portable Projector with Pro-Quality Features
- Epson #1 in Image Quality
- 3x Higher Color Brightness
- Up to 3x Wider Color Gamut
- Color Brightness: 3200 Lumens
- White Brightness: 3200 Lumens
- WXGA Resolution (1280x800)
- Project Wireless from Devices
- MHL Support (Chromecast, Roku)
- Connect Devices with QR Code
- HDMI Support - HD Video/Audio
High Color Brightness and High White Brightness
Look for two numbers: 3200 lumens Color Brightness for more accurate, vivid color and 3200 lumens White Brightness for well-lit rooms.
WXGA Resolution (1280 x 800)
Offers 2x more resolution than SVGA for HD-quality presentations.
Project from your laptop, tablet, or smartphone without plugging into the projector, so you can cut the cord and move freely about the room.
Leave Your Laptop at Home
Display presentations, videos, and photos from MHL-enabled smartphones and tablets while charging your device.
Fast Wireless Setup for your Mobile Device
Just scan the on-screen QR code using your phone or tablet.
Fast, Easy Setup, Only from Epson
Get up and running in no time with easy image adjustments and convenient control.
Compatible with the Latest Laptops and Media Players
Supports HDMI, the standard in connectivity, for digital video and audio with just one cable.
Lamps Last up to 10,000 Hours
Epson lamps maximize viewing time while minimizing the total cost of ownership.
|EX3240||EX5240||EX5250 Pro||EX7240 Pro||EX9200 Pro|
|3-chip, 3LCD Technology||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Native Resolution||SVGA||XGA - 1.5x more resolution than SVGA||XGA - 1.5x more resolution than SVGA||WXGA - 2x more resolution than SVGA||WUXGA - 4.5x more resolution than SVGA|
|Horizontal Keystone||Manual - Easy Slide Correction||Manual - Easy Slide Correction||Manual - Easy Slide Correction||Manual - Easy Slide Correction||Manual - Easy Slide Correction|
|QR Code Quick Connect||-||-||✓||✓||✓|
Compare with similar items
Epson VS250 SVGA 3,200 lumens color brightness (color light output) 3,200 lumens white brightness (white light output) HDMI 3LCD projector
Optoma HD143X 1080p 3000 Lumens 3D DLP Home Theater Projector
Epson Pro EX9220 1080p+ WUXGA 3,600 lumens color brightness (color light output) 3,600 lumens white brightness (white light output) wireless Miracast HDMI MHL 3LCD projector
Epson EX9200 Pro WUXGA 3LCD Projector Pro Wireless, Full HD, 3200 Lumens Color Brightness
Epson EX5240, XGA, 3200 Lumens Color Brightness, 3200 Lumens White Brightness, 3LCD Projector
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||JAY-Tech+More||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Triangle Pro||AV Toy Store|
|Connectivity Technology||Wireless^HDMI^MHL||HDMI||hdmi||Wireless Miracast HDMI MHL||Wireless||HDMI^USB Video^Networkable(Wired & Wireless)|
|Image Brightness||3200 lumens||3,200 lumen||3,000 lumen||3,200 lumen||3200 lumens||3200 lumens|
|Item Dimensions||14.5 x 13.8 x 6.2 in||11.9 x 3.2 x 9.2 in||9 x 11.7 x 3.8 in||11.9 x 9.8 x 3.4 in||9.6 x 11.7 x 3.2 in||13.6 x 14 x 6.2 in|
|Item Weight||5.29 lbs||5.3 lbs||5.5 lbs||6.2 lbs||5.7 lbs||5.29 lbs|
Present like a pro with the EX7240 Pro wireless projector, boasting enhanced features and comprehensive connectivity for the latest devices. Project HD-quality presentations and video from laptops, smartphones, tablets and streaming devices. Offering 3x Higher Color Brightness (1) and up to 3x Wider Color Gamut (2), Epson 3LCD projectors display colors far more accurately than competitive DLP projectors. Portable and easy to use, the EX7240 Pro delivers widescreen WXGA resolution (1280 x 800), plus 3200 lumens of color brightness and 3200 lumens of white brightness (3). It also includes HDMI, MHL support, and quick wireless setup. For powerful, future-proof performance, choose the EX7240 Pro.
1. Color brightness (color light output) measured in accordance with IDMS 15.4. Color brightness will vary depending on usage conditions. Leading Epson 3LCD business and education projectors compared to leading 1-chip DLP projectors, based on NPD data for June 2013 through May 2014 and PMA Research data for Q1 through Q3 2013.
2. Gamut volume of leading Epson business and education projectors compared to leading 1-chip DLP projectors, based on NPD data for June 2013 through May 2014. Volume is measured in 3D in the CIE L*a*b* coordinate space.
3. Color brightness (color light output) and white brightness (white light output) will vary depending on usage conditions. Color light output measured in accordance with IDMS 15.4; white light output measured in accordance with ISO 21118.
4. To use Epson iProjection, the projector must be configured on a network. Epson projectors can be networked either through the Ethernet port on the projector (check model specifications for availability) or via a wireless connection. Check your owner’s manual to determine if a wireless LAN module must be purchased separately to enable wireless connection on your Epson projector. Not all Epson projectors are able to be networked. Availability varies depending on model.
5. Based on TFCinfo: US Projector Brand Customer Perception and Preference Study, Multimedia Projectors 2015.
6. Color brightness (color light output) measured in accordance with IDMS 15.4. Color brightness will vary depending on usage conditions. Compared to leading 1-chip DLP projectors, based on NPD data for June 2013 through May 2014 and PMA Research data for Q1 through Q3 2013.
7. Data source: ProjectorCentral.com, Jan. 2014. Average of 1243 shipping models for which the manufacturers provided lumens and total power data, all resolutions and brightness levels. Energy efficiency was measured as wattage per lumen. It was measured for both 3LCD and 1-chip projectors in each of six brightness segments. 3LCD projectors averaged less required electricity per lumen in each of the six segments.
8. 9 out of 10 people preferred images from leading 3LCD projectors over leading 1-chip DLP business and education projectors. Leading projectors selected according to NPD data as of July 2013. Based on independent U.S. research conducted by Radius Research (July 2013).
9. ECO Mode is up to 10,000 hours. Normal Mode is up to 5000 hours. Lamp life will vary depending upon mode selected, environmental conditions and usage. Lamp brightness decreases over time.
10. iOS supported formats and files: Microsoft Word (.doc, .docx, Office 2003 or later), PowerPoint (.ppt, .pptx, Office 2003 or later), Excel (.xls, .xlsx, Office 2003 or later), Keynote (.key ’09 format; Keynote 6.0 not supported), Adobe PDF (.pdf, PDF 1.7, Acrobat 8 compatible or later), JPG and PNG; Android supported formats and files: Adobe PDF (PDF 1.6), JPG, JPEG and PNG.
11. For convenient and reasonable recycling options, visit our official site.
12. SmartWay is an innovative partnership of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency that reduces greenhouse gases and other air pollutants and improves fuel efficiency."
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Set up is quite easy with this projector, it has a relatively short lens throw distance. The front leg adjusts for height and a rear leg adjusts for a quick level. The lens zoom and focus are manual and adjust quickly with separate rings on the top of the projector. The menu system is easy to navigate and has all of the necessary controls and most importantly to me, keystone adjustment.
All in all, it's a good little box that I now own 12 of. Thanks Epson!
1. Brightness - wow, this thing has a great lamp. I've tried it in all kinds of crazy lighting conditions and it's always bright enough to see. No more presenting in a dark room where your audience can't see to take notes. Turn the room lights on, open the shades and let the sun in, this projector is up to the task. This has been a big picture at a reasonable distance. I've been projecting a 100 inch screen (just over 8 feet) at about a 12 foot distance. And even at that size getting all the brightness I need.
2. It was easy to set up. I couldn't believe that literally the first time I plugged in an HDMI cable, I turned around a minute to look for instructions, but when I looked back at the screen I didn't need instructions because the Epson had auto detected and was on the right input. How many times have you been frustrated trying to find the right input while your audience waits? Not with this baby.
3. Plenty of inputs. Yes there's HDMI but there's also old fashioned PC cable, S-video, and other choices.
4. Wireless connectivity. It took under 5 minutes to work through the network connection and get my Android phone app set to project via the Epson App. and it worked! The wifi on it is 11b/g/n so with an "n" access point, your connection should be more than fast enough for full motion video at this resolution.
5. The picture quality is amazing. It's hard to quantify but it just looks sharp and great.
Now, the downsides.
1. Using a mobile device or laptop wirelessly with this projector requires installing a projector app on your laptop/pc or an app on your phone. The phone app was easy enough to install and use but the Windows 8.1 app simply refused to install on my newer laptop.I was able to get an older version of the wireless app loaded and running on an Windows 7 PC. The PC app is nice in that it screen mirrors - whatever is on your screen on the PC is on the projector. The Android app has a pretty limited set of what you can project - photos, documents, and web pages and the web page viewer appears to be some custom proprietary web browser not my Galaxy's Chrome. I couldn't find a way to project video or presentations from within the app. Maybe it's buried "documents" if I browse through all of the files and folders on my phone. Ideally this app would just screen mirror too. The wifi is nice for a mobile device since connections are limited but I'm hard pressed to think of a setting where using the projector app on your laptop or PC is a better choice than plugging in a cable - except in the emergency where you forgot the cable. And, if your wifi network has minimally acceptable security (don't use that "quick" connect option on your wifi router or devices) typing in your wifi password on screen with arrow buttons is not something you'll want to repeat. Allow extra time if you're travelling and using wifi to find the network and key in the password.
2. It's heavy. Yes, at about 8 lbs (plus the bag) it's technically portable. Maybe if you do most of your travel in a car but there's no way you want to lug this and a laptop through an airport. It's roughly the size, form, and weight of a 1995 laptop.
3. It's expensive. At ~$650 list and $600 with Amazon's discount on Oct 22, 2015, you're paying a real premium especially for the wireless access. You'll get a similar Epson projector without the wireless for $150 less and other reputable brands for $200-250 less.
4. As other reviewers have mentioned the speakers are paltry and barely worth having. If you use this exclusively for business presentations with no sound, it's fine. If you need a decent size room to hear anything, you'll be working a maze of cables as you try to connect your PC audio to another audio device.
5. Because of the price and audio, it's a real non-starter as a home theater projector. That's not really what it's intended for but if you were thinking that, there are better choices. Skip the wifi and get something with full 1080P HD resolution and hook it to a decent home sound system.
The bottom line is, the picture is amazing as is the brightness. But, you're paying a ton for some wireless features you may not need and there are comparable or even better pictures in other well known brands at lower prices.
- I chose this projector because of the wireless connection, but the wireless mode is too slow to stream videos!!! This mode is only for presentations.
-pay attention to the loud noise level : 37db ! I forgot to check that before buying.
-doesn't come with an hdmi cable, which might be necessary depending on your computer, since the wireless is almost useless.
It does everything in the spec sheet and seems to do it well
It comes in a light carrying bag packaged like a laptop in a compression slip on a cardboard bend-back.
All of the original accessories and cables are included
It is refurbished, and might have light surface scratches [the plastic had VERY light hair-fine scratches] but otherwise looked brand new.
I want a heavier carry bag [happy to have one included until then]
It doesn't come with an HDMI cable
Just got is and practiced with it. Seems like it is what they say it is.
It is easy to use and set-up. I have set it up with my computer, I-pad, and internet all works great so far. I bought the Workforce case to protect it and it seems to fit like a glove.
Most recent customer reviews
The images were bright and sharp and bright enough to be seen in a slightly darkened room.Read more