Spring Deals Automotive Children of Blood and Bone Casual Friday Style nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Prime exclusive: $24.99 for a limited time Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment. Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18PP_gno

on January 18, 2014
I had the Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 8350 projector, which I bought in March 2013. In December 2013, I noticed white circles on my projected image whenever I had darker scenes. I cleaned the lens, but I could see that there were large dust particles inside the lens. After a little research I learned that these are called dust globs (or dust blobs) and are sometimes a problem with these projectors. I keep the filter cleaned regularly, but this appears to be a fairly common problem. There's no way to clean them without disassembling the projector and voiding the warranty - not recommended for anyone. Amazon customer service was amazing (as always) and agreed to let me return the projector to them for a refund. I turned around and bought this model right away from them.

Until the dust blobs problem, I had been very happy with the quality of the image with the 8350, but I couldn't find any discount pricing on it. So I decided to try out the 8345, even though it is 200 lumens lower in brightness. I just received it, and I am extremely pleased with the image. It appears to be just as bright (without having the ability to do side by side comparisons). It has all the same features and functionality as the 8350, but it was several hundred dollars less expensive, which seems like a pretty significant savings, as long as the image is just a good. It's important to note that I use this projector is a very darkened basement home theater with minimal ambient light. I don't know if you tried to use this in a brighter room if that difference of 200 lumens might be noticeable and therefore a problem. For me it definitely is not a problem.

One of the things I like so much about these 2 projectors is the tremendous placement flexibility. There is a huge range in the zoom and with both horizontal and vertical lens shift capabilities, you have a lot of options for mounting or placement.

I like what Epson gives you for the money in these projectors. Unfortunately, they don't seem to last too long. My previous model, before the 8350, lasted less than 3 years. I figure it cost me about $30/mo to own, which isn't too bad. Then the 8350 developed the dost problem after less than a year. Epson would have replaced the projector, if I'd bought it from an authorized dealer (see tip below on that issue), but luckily for me Amazon was the one who fulfilled the shipment, so they took care of the return situation. (That's why I try to buy everything from Amazon.)

A little tip for anyone buying an Epson projector on Amazon. Be sure the vendor is either Amazon (not just the shipper) or be sure the vendor is an authorized Epson dealer. Otherwise, you won't be able to get Epson warranty coverage. Epson is really fantastic about honoring their warranties and providing a replacement very quickly, but you have to buy from an authorized dealer. Believe me, it's worth the extra money to buy from the legit dealer. Epson's warranty is longer than most, so you want to get the full benefit of that.
on May 11, 2015
My last projector was the Sharp-Vision XV-Z12000, one of the top of the line projectors in 2007. At $8000.00, it was the single most expensive piece in my theater setup. I had been extremely happy with it for the past 8 years or so, but was ready to upgrade to some new technology. The Epson 8345 PowerLite Home Cinema had big shoes to fill, and fill them it does. The picture is exceptional, the colors are breathtaking, and the overall performance is simply beautiful. Add to this the fact that it creates a fraction of the fan noise that came from the Sharp, and you can't go wrong with this purchase. The X-Men: Days of Future Past Blu-Ray looked fantastic on this projector. The black levels were incredible. I can't believe what little money you have to spend compared to 8 years ago to achieve this level of performance. If you are on the fence about this projector, jump...you won't regret it.
on March 7, 2014
Having used the projector for about a week, I can report that it was easy to set up out of the box. I found that it had to be positioned further away from the projection wall than suggested by the website. The amount of heat generated by the projector is sufficient to create a "hot plastic" smell after about 30 minutes of use. Hopefully that will cure itself after sufficient use. I was delighted at the warm flesh tones and clarity of the projected image. I have not had to do any fine tuning to get good results. As with all projectors, ambient room light washes out a lot of the finer details of the picture. The fan cooling noise is annoying when the material being viewed is "silent" -- but most of what is being viewed by me is far from silent and the fan noise is not distracting.
on December 14, 2013
This projector works great. I am able to watch it with the lights on which was a big deal after having a whole group of people fall asleep by halftime while using a different projector that required all the lights to be off.

I love that it supports 1080p where I have a PS3 and WD Live hooked up.

I do have a couple of drawbacks. First, this thing is huge! I have it mounted to my ceiling so it takes away from it's size but wow when I opened that box I was like what am i supposed to do this with!?

It could be brighter, I realize its a projector and it is significantly cheap compared to other models.

For the price and the picture quality it provides, this seems like a great deal to me.
on July 11, 2015
Purchased a refurbished unit that came with a 0 life bulb. It was packaged as if brand new, and I'm under the impression it really is a brand new unit.

The off-axis installation flexibility was key for me, and it works incredibly well. The optical key-stoning is fantastic so long as the projector is perfectly perpendicular to the screen and parallel to the walls and floor. Additionally, the optical zoom works spectacularly.

In a light controlled room (curtains/etc), this projector performs spectacularly. In a bright room, it of course will be dimmer, but you can still see the picture.
on September 4, 2013
Quiet fan, sharp picture. I am using it with a 120" screen in a dark room in theater mode and it is perfect for my setup. I was hesitant to purchase it because it is so inexpensive. (I spent over 3k for my first projector 10 years ago) The optical adjustments are very cheep plastic, but with 5 minutes of tweaking it lined up and never shifted. Great buy!

5 month update. On startup every couple of weeks an error message pops up saying to call the manufacturer. I have to manually switch off the power to get it to work. This has been going on from the start and I view it as just an occasional glitch. Great machine but does not scale some older dvd's like my other projector would. For BD's and most dvd's it is great, but I would purchase the 8350 which looks like it will scale the old formats. I still give it a 5 star rating. We love the picture quality.
on March 18, 2015
Projector is amazing for viewing in daytime or night. However, it does require the projector to be 9-12 feet away from the screen in order to get a full 100 inch screen. I didn't remeasure before mounted to the ceiling so I have about a 2 inch empty space on each side of the picture. Totally my fault though, not the projector.

One thing that should be of note about this projector, though, is that it doesn't have many picture manipulation features. No keystone or anything like that. The most you can do is a lens shift, which allows your to "slide" the picture left/right/up/down. Now if you angle the projector in a direction and use the lens shift to compensate, you can create a manual keystone effect.
on May 28, 2015
got it from visualapex, not my first choice but epson is certainly up there with sony and jvc, in terms of performance. price is perfect for starting a home theater but I would not call it cheap ~$750 and play video games. normally, it projects great on any size wall. but to get the most out of it, I would paint the wall matte grey, or get one of the those elite screens but theyre only 160" max and I want to have the entire living room wall ~600" for full cinematic effect. the lens shift feature makes positioning and focusing child's play. also epson's lamp warranty 90 days is unbeatable.
on November 27, 2016
When it works the projector generates a high quality crispy bright image. Fan very quiet. However the deal breaker is the endless startup failures. It keeps failing the start up test and freezes with "You need to contact the epson repair center". After couple of cycles of power up - power down it will finally start. This appears to be getting worse with time and probably in couple of months it will stop working altogether. I will avoid to buy Epson again.
on October 9, 2014
This is a great projector for the money! The picture is very good in my opinion and the lens shift and placement options with this projector are very very good. It is also very quiet. Very little fan noise. The only negative is it is quite heavy and bulky, but if you have a good mount and a strong install, this won't be a problem. Rock solid performance!