Shop Auto Winter Products Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. STEM Starting at $39.99 Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop STEM Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on June 26, 2008
The price was great! My printer arrived in a short period of time. It is a great printer. I like the crisp, clean copies and the speed it prints. A little noisy at the start but not bad. So far so good.
on January 6, 2012
My old printer was irrecoverable and I wanted the same kind. I found this demo advertised and asked for 2 day shipping.
Got it the next day, unpacked it and it looked fine, installed fine and printed well the first time!
Very satisfied!
on May 9, 2009
This a scanner, printer, copier first class. It prints photos fom the Camera and copies with out a pc. The print carts are very reasonable and easy to install. I have owned 20 plus units in the last 30 years and this is one of the best.AMAZON and the vendor were great. My neighbor paid 110 dollars more for one of these units one month ago from a popular retailer.
0Comment|Report abuse
This is a nice cheap back-up for my exiting Epson Stylus CX8400 All In One, (AIO). I hope it stands up to it's reputation.
on January 14, 2008
Epson Sylus CX8400 All In One Color Printer
This is a very fine printer and is fairly fast. It also puts out very good quality photos. I would say just what the doctor ordered.
on December 29, 2007
I am very happy with this all-in-one's Scanning. The software is great and the scanning is much better than a Hewlett Packard all-in-one I tried before I purchased this one. I also enjoy the fact that the paper tray is upright, so that it's easy to load odd sized paper and cards to print on without worrying they'll get stuck. I cannot say too much about the photo quality printing. I have done only a little and it seems to be great quality as well.
on January 6, 2008
I bought this product for my 75 year old father. He had no trouble setting up the unit, navigating the features, and is especially thrilled with the ability to print photos directly from the printer or make copies without the computer. His only issue was that there was no USB cable included. The box does say this, however, if really should be included even if the price of the unit had to be slightly higher.
4 helpful votes
on October 5, 2007
This is really a great printer. Looks fancy and it is very fast. Excellent printing results. Great software package, just what you need for your printing jobs. I'm happy with the ink cartridges durability plus you only change the color that you run out of. Very cool LCD screen. Definitely better than the HPs. I recommend to everyone.
22 helpful votes
23 helpful votes
on April 22, 2013
My mother complained about how much she was spending on ink and how often. Didn't believe her so she laughed at me and told me I could have it. Bought five blacks and two of each color even though I only print in black ink. Well, after immediately changing all the ink it seemed to work good? Was several months ago and I have many printers so it doesn't get much use. My Lexmark finally died and I put it in service. Kept telling me I was out of black ink and needed to replace it or it would use up all my color ink. The levels were over half on all but the empty black. Changed the black, wouldn't print. Told me the cyan was out. Changed the cyan, told me the magenta was out:( As I was changing it I was guessing the yellow was next and yes it was. When I do a nozzle check none of the inks are working correctly. Have done so many cleanings and nozzle checks that the black ink is now down two increments and the cyan one (magenta and yellow still show full). At this point it is time to take the stupid thing apart and try cleaning it with alcohol, maybe that is what it is thirsty for? As soon as possible it will be on Craigs List. Too bad, I ran all the cables all nice to put it in service.

JUNK JUNK JUNK!!!!!!!!!!
on March 30, 2010
When I review computer equipment I like to include the "Good, the Bad and the Ugly".

With this printer I felt the order needed to be reversed. This Epson printer is truly the first throw-away printer I've ever had. Hopefully the last one too.

The ugly; it has an ink system that "tells" you when you are out of ink whether you are or not - the printer shuts down and will not print even if you still have plenty of black ink remaining. Ink is expensive for this printer, you'll spend around $70 to replace the ink and it will not last long. After purchasing $140 worth of ink from Epson and replacing the ink cartridges the system would not recycle and still indicated all the ink cartridges were empty. Multiple contacts to Epson resulted in very slow responses (days later) and the bottom line was I would have to take it to a repair shop. The repair shop said it would be a minimum of $50 to look at and repair the printer and recommended I buy new instead. I think it is poor business that Epson would rather lose you as a customer, and refund me the $140 for the ink that I shipped back to them rather than fix or replace this printer. No more Epsons for me, I just don't have the time or patience to waste any more of my time with them.

The bad; A pretty crumby paper feed, it was always difficult to load the paper and it didn't hold very many sheets so you were loading it frequently. I got it down pretty good after much practice but my wife never could get it loaded properly.

The good; When it did print, it printed well.

Bottom line - it's cheaper to simply replace this printer when it runs out of ink than it is to replace the ink. Why would you bother?
5 helpful votes