Epson EcoTank ET-4760 Wireless Color All-in-One Cartridge-Free Supertank Printer with Scanner, Copier, Fax, ADF and Ethernet - Black
|Printer Output Type||Color|
|Printing Media Type||Paper (plain)|
About this item
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Epson strongly recommends the use of Genuine Epson inks for a quality printing experience Non Epson inks and inks not formulated for your specific printer may cause damage that is not covered by the Epson wnty
- Epson EcoTank is the #1 Best Selling Supertank Printer
- You get up to 2 years of ink — in the box and with each replacement ink set (2) replacement set includes enough ink to print up to 7 500 pages black/6 000 color (3)
- Less waste with Cartridge-Free Printing — one set of replacement bottles equivalent to about 80 individual cartridges (4) means fewer trips to the store
- Get more done in less time — 250-sheet paper tray easy setup and navigation with 2 4" color touchscreen
- Maximize productivity — 30-sheet Auto Document Feeder fax and auto 2-sided printing scanning copying plus borderless printing
- Get sharp color documents fast — powered by Precision Core — the next generation of printing technology
More items to explore
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
Compare with similar items
Epson EcoTank ET-3760 Wireless Color All-in-One Cartridge-Free Supertank Printer with Scanner, Copier and Ethernet, Regular
Epson EcoTank ET-2720 Wireless Color All-in-One Supertank Printer with Scanner and Copier - Black
Epson EcoTank Pro ET-5800 Wireless Color All-in-One Supertank Printer with Scanner, Copier, Fax and Ethernet Plus 2 Years of Unlimited Ink, Works with Alexa
Brother MFC-J805DW INKvestmentTank Color Inkjet All-in-One Printer with Mobile Device and Duplex Printing with Up To 1-Year of Ink In-box, White, one size, Amazon Dash Replenishment Ready
|Sold By||Available from these sellers||AAA-Shop||Better Deals and More||Amazon.com||SHOPSIMPLE|
|Connectivity Technology||Wi-Fi, Ethernet, USB||Wi-Fi, Ethernet, USB||Wi-Fi, Ethernet, USB||Wi-Fi||Wireless,WI-Fi Direct, UBS|
|Item Dimensions||13.70 x 14.80 x 9.10 inches||13.70 x 14.80 x 9.10 inches||13.70 x 14.80 x 8.70 inches||—||17.10 x 13.40 x 7.70 inches|
|Maximum Print Speed (Black and White)||15 pages per minute||15 pages per minute||10 pages per minute||23 pages per minute||12 pages per minute|
|Maximum Media Size||8.5 x 14 inch||8.5 x 14 inch||8.5 x 14 inch||8.5 x 14 inch||8.5 x 14 inch|
|Operating System||Mac, Windows||—||—||—||—|
|Print media||Paper (plain)||Paper (plain)||Paper (plain)||Paper (plain)||Paper (plain)|
The EcoTank ET-4760 offers Cartridge-Free Printing with easy-to-fill supersized ink tanks You can save up to 90 apercent with low-cost replacement ink bottles ― costing as little as 1 cent per color ISO page versus 20 cents with ink cartridges (1) Plus you can get up to 2 years of ink with the included or replacement ink set (2) Each replacement ink bottle set includes enough ink to print up to 7 500/6 000 pages (bk/clr)(3) ― equivalent to about 80 individual cartridges (4) That means less waste Uniquely keyed Eco Fit bottles make it easy to fill each color tank Powered by Precision Core this fast super tank printer also offers a 250-sheet paper tray 30-sheet ADF 2 4" color touchscreen voice-activated printing (5) and wired and wireless connectivity *The NPD Group Total Channel Tracking Service U S & Canada Inkjet SF/MF Printers Refillable ink tank included based on units February 2019 - January 2020 Supertank printers are defined as refillable ink tank printers 1 Savings and cost per ISO page are based on the cost of replacement ink bottles and the cost of enough standard cartridges to achieve the total page yields of the bottles using the MSRP (USD) and yields for Epson standard-capacity ink cartridges for similarly featured Epson consumer inkjet printers as of February 2019 Actual savings and costs will vary considerably based on print tasks print volumes and usage conditions 2 Based on average monthly document print volumes of about 200 pages 3 Part of the ink from the included bottles is used for initial setup yields are lower than those of replacement ink bottles Replacement and included ink bottle yields based on the ISO/IEC 24712 pattern with Epson’s methodology Actual ink yields will vary considerably for reasons including images printed print settings temperature and humidity Yields may be lower when printing infrequently or predominantly with one ink color All ink colors are used for printing and printer maintenance and all colors must be available for printing For more information visit our official site 4 Individual cartridges estimate based on print yields of a replacement set of Black and color ink bottles as compared to Epson standard-capacity ink cartridges for similarly featured printers as of September 2018 5 Voice-activated printing is not available with the Epson Expression Eco Tank ET-2500 and ET-2550 printers and Epson printers that are 5 or more years old See our official site for device compatibility Epson Connect account and voice-activated account registration required 6 Most features require an Internet connection to the printer as well as an Internet- and/or email-enabled device For a list of Epson Connect enabled printers and compatible devices and apps visit our official site 7 Wi-Fi CERTIFIED level of performance subject to the range of the router being used Wi-Fi Direct may require printer software 8 12 months of standard limited or 50 000 plain paper sheets (whichever happens first) For an additional 12-month extended service plan (total of 24 months or 50 000 plain paper sheets whichever happens first) you must register your product and use Epson genuine ink bottles See Limited for details 9 ET-2600/2700/3700/4700/7700/16000 Series and ST-2000/3000/4000 Series included ink bottle yields based on the ISO/IEC 24712 pattern with Epson’s methodology ET-7700 Series included ink bottle photo yields are significantly lower ET-8700 included ink pack yields are estimated based on ISO/IEC 24711 test in Default Mode printing continuously Actual ink yields will vary considerably for reasons including images printed print settings temperature and humidity Yields may be lower when printing infrequently or predominantly with one ink color All ink colors are used for printing and printer maintenance and all colors must be available for printing For more information visit our official site 10 For convenient and reasonable recycling options visit our official site 11 Smart Way is an innovative partnership of the U S Environmental Protection Agency that reduces greenhouse gases and other air pollutants and improves fuel efficiency.
Visible screen diagonal
3" / 7 cm
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
After using the 2750 for year or so, I have found that if you do not print often (like once a week) you will be fighting with it to get to clean the print heads to print in color. This wastes a lot of ink. It also asks to update the software every couple of weeks, which can get annoying. However, the cost savings in ink means I tolerate these issues. If you print infrequently or not often you should consider these drawbacks.
It is about 15 inches wide by 14 inches deep WITHOUT the paper tray extended. With the paper tray extended its 20 inches deep. You also need some space in the back for the paper feed so about a depth of 23 inches. About 7 inches tall (without the lid opened for the scanner). It weighs just over 13 pounds.
This is the first time in my life I have put ink in a printer and not gotten it on anything. The bottles are amazing, they do not leak at all and are also cut so that you cannot accidentally put the wrong color in the wrong spot. So SO much better than the stupid ink cartridges.
Software is downloadable from Epson.
The control panel flips up so you can easily see and push the correct buttons as it is then nearly parallel to the ground.
Print quality is excellent, especially for color. I think I will be printing more photos now, especially since I can now print from my other devices. I installed the Google cloud printing option and it works flawlessly. The printer will complain if you change the settings in google cloud, so you do need to then tell the printer it is OK to print with say, photo paper.
When printing on photo paper, with the highest settings the images are excellent. Not quite as good as a commercial printed photo, but indistinguishable when viewed from about 6 inches way when the printhead is new. I will say that it did not do well with printing astrophotography, the black ink is not as black as that from commercially printed photos. However, for most people this will not be an issue. It also prints best when new, the print quality does slowly go down over time, at least for the 2750.
It is nice to have a scanner built into the printer. Saves footprint space.
Two sided printing is nice.
The ink does not appear as bright in the printer as it does in the photo here. In fact you need a flashlight to see the ink levels. It is a little easier to see on the white version than the black.
It is a little loud.
I have not figured out how to scan from the software on the computer (with the printer connecting wirelessly). It will work if I connect it with a USB cord.
Punching in your WIFI password is a bit of a pain.
When I got the older version the OEM replacement ink was about 120 bucks. You can now get the color set for about 40 bucks and another 20 for the black set (real Epson ink) so that is a vast improvement for a total of about 60 for refills. Because of the way the bottles are designed (and the ports where the ink goes in) I do not think it will be simple to use other ink. I am sure it is designed this way, and in all fairness, it does have quite a bit of ink to start (enough to completely fill it). :
It prints black and white pages about 10 a minute and color pages (not full color) at about 5 a minute.
You can copy straight from the printer/scanner by pushing the button with the circle/triangle and then choosing BW or Color. It defaults to BW.
When you are aligning the printer, it will print a page numbered from top to bottom along the left and with squares from right to left. It is asking you to find on each horizontal line the best looking square. It took me a few minutes to figure that out.
WHATS NEW IN THE 3rd Gen ECOTANK PRINTERS
- The new printers are much more compact and smaller in size as the ink supertanks are now moved from the side as in the previous models to the front. The new ink tank design looks much better integrated on the printer instead of a weird looking bolt-on on the sides
- Much more improved Wifi stability : They've addressed one of the most common complaints of the previous generation and greatly improved wifi connectivity. I left my printer turned on for an entire week and every time I wanted to use the printer/scanner from my computer it woke from sleep and responded reliably . In my other tests It always managed to connected to WiFi from the powered off state
- Refilling the ink tanks is now foolproof with keyed auto-stop ink bottles so you cannot accidently fill a tank with the wrong colored ink . Refilling the ink tanks is easier with auto stop bottles and mess-free . I did not have to use gloves or paper towels (which Epson recommends btw)
- Printhead reliability : While the issue to faulty or clogged printheads was not widespread but I am hoping improvements have been made in this area too. I will update this section over time , also check out my maintenance section below to keep your printer healthy and prevent the ink from drying
ECOTANK & ITS COST EFFECTIVENESS
- Inkjet printers have long been sold on the razor-blade model - Sell printers for cheap/at-loss and make money off the refills. The Ecotank printers turn that model on its head and sell the printers at profit at higher prices upfront and offer cheap environment-friendly ink. This surely beats out the hassle out having to replace ink cartridges frequently as they run out or dry up. But it also kind of makes sense for the manufacturer as well because (thanks to ink refills & remanufactured cartridges) the use of their original replacements isn't always guaranteed (which they count on to make profit)
- Without getting into too much specifics, but considering the high upfront cost of this printer you can expect to break even in terms of costs after you've gone through the first ink bottle set and printed thousands of pages. Only after this you start saving money
- A four bottle replacement ink set (Black, Cyan, Yellow, Magenta) sets you back by $62 and even then it is cheaper and gives you more than double the pages when compared to an HP Instant Ink plan
INITIAL SETUP & SOFTWARE
- The initial setup requires you to download the driver software from the internet (there is a note in the box saying "Stop! Download software from the internet ) even though there is a drivers CD included in the box
- The setup process was simple and probably the most irritating part of it was having to input your WiFi password using up and down arrow keys to scroll letters on the tiny 1.44" display. Thankfully it is only a one time process
- After the WiFi/driver setup process completes and the ink tanks filled, the printer then goes through a lengthy one-time priming process called 'Ink Charging' to pull ink from the tanks into the tubes/printheads and remove bubbles. This takes about 15 mins to complete
- Once the ink charging process completes it takes you through the printhead alignment process which requires you to evaluate two printed pages for vertical and horizontal print head alignment. This involves a very fine eye to evaluate the tiny differences between the samples and I got it wrong the first time. So if you see gaps or overlaps in your prints .then try running the alignment again. Overall it will take about 30-40 mins from the time you plug in and the first time you are able to use the printer
- I was not very impressed with the software of the printer, it is functional but looks very dated (like Windows 95 UI) and it is also quite pervasive . It has two processes that are always running under Windows task manager and an icon in the Windows system tray. And even then certain functions (like print head alignment) can only be done on the printer only . It comes with a simple scan app called Epson Scan 2 as well.
- The overall print quality of the printer is very good , comparable to other standard inkjet printers with sharp inky-black text without banding and bright colors. It prints photos well (paper quality makes a huge difference here) although i would recommend cranking up the saturation of your photos a bit before printing . I've included several pictures of text and color printouts at various quality settings and paper types
- One thing I would like to stress on is that while the print quality is good, it is not as good as speciality photo printer and is comparable to other standard inkjet printers. Nothing earth shattering here, Its Raison D'Etre is its ink tank...
- The default print 'Standard' setting is oriented more towards speed and produces washed out colors which is ok for basic document printing . The 'Standard-Vivid' profile is better for graphic intensive prints
- Considering that its an inkjet (where speed is inverse to quality) , the printer still prints at a good speed even at the 'Best' print quality. No complaints here
- This printer supports duplex (two-sided) printing and it works very well. It sucks back up the page after it prints the first side and flips it internally to print the other side without any issues
- It also supports borderless prints
- Works with Google Cloud print, Apple AirPrint and has its own cloud printing service/mobile app called Epson Connect
- I did not find the printer too noisy
- The scanner on this printer is actually very good and does not seem like an afterthought . It scans documents with crisp text and pictures with sharp colors
- See my sample scanned image of a brochure
REPLACEMENT INK & YIELDS
- This printer uses a new replacement ink model : T502
- The black ink bottle currently costs $19.99 and the tri-color (C,Y,M) combo pack costs $41.99 or $13.99 for individual colors on Epson.com
- Based on the price history of the replacement inks for the previous generation printers , they tend to be very stable and only go down a dollar or two occasionally
- The claim of 'prints upto 7000 pages or 2 years' is only for a very specific test pattern called "ISO/IEC 24712" you can google it for its images. If you print photos, greeting cards etc then the yields are going to be much lower. Nonetheless you still get a lot of ink .For eg. the HP high yield XL cartridges can hold upto 8-20 ml of ink . With this printer you get over 580+ml of combined ink!
- The type of paper you use does make a large impact on print quality, especially if you're going to use two-sided printing often.
- I highly recommend you to try Georgia Pacific Spectrum Premium 96 Inkjet paper which costs about $5 Ream / $15 Case on Amazon . It is one of the best high quality premium paper I've used and yet costs as less as plain copy paper
- I dont like that fact that the it does not have a covered paper feed . It still has an old-school back of the printer 100 paper feed where the paper sits and collects dust which is bad for the printheads. For this reason alone I am decking one star
- The output paper tray does not rest against the table and dangles precariously at an edge from the printer which means it could break easily. My solution is that I do not pull the output tray at all and let the output prints gently fall on the table itself. This does not affect two sided printing either
- The scanner makes a squeaky sound while scanning , no biggie though
MAINTENANCE & PREVENTING INK DRYING
- One of the biggest enemy for inkjet printers is the issue of ink drying and clogs if they are not used frequently enough ...
- This is an even more important factor for this printer - because Epson printers use what is known as a 'Piezoelectric Printhead' which is a type of a permanent mechanical printhead which allows more finer control of ink droplet size than HP/Canon. Whereas on the other side HP/Canon printers use what is known as a 'Thermal Printhead' which is built directly on the ink cartridge itself . So as you see if you ever have a problem of a bad/clogged printhead with HP/Canon you can simply replace the old cartridge and be done with it - But you can't do that with this printer : The printhead is permanent hence keeping it from drying is paramount
- I reached out to Epson support specifically on this if they have any guidelines on the max length of time in-between prints any recommendations. They wrote to me that "EPSON does not information on how long an Eco-tank printer can remain dormant before ink dries. They are built to be used regularly." and that "Turn printer off if not in use for long periods of time and print a few pages at least once a month to maintain good print quality"
- So I decided I am not taking any chances with it and created a small Windows task to print a test page once every week & and a reminder on my phone to turn on the printer that day . I'm including the steps to create that Windows automated task and test print image (which uses minimal ink) if you want to try something similar :
(1) In Windows 7/10 : Use the search window to search for "Task Scheduler"
(2) Click on 'Create Task' on the right panel , give it a name for Eg. 'Weekly Test Print' and select the button 'Run whether user is logged or not'
(3) Under the Triggers tab, define the schedule , frequency and time you want the job to run
(4) Under the Action tab, create a new action for 'Start a program' and under Program/Script put "mspaint" and under the 'Add Arguments' section put "/p C:\Users\username\Desktop\InkjetTestPage.jpg" without the quotes. Replace the actual path where you put the file
(5) Pls note that the above steps are helpful of you do not print that frequently. If you have any questions on the above steps I'll be happy to answer them
Overall I really like the ET-2750 it is has very good print quality which is good enough for Business use , has tons of ink that really does work out cheaper in the long run than conventional printers or ink plans. The included display makes short work of most print tasks without having to use a computer and the wireless printing works flawlessly. I can definitely recommend it to you have you print a lot and it could also work out if dont print that much provided you run a maintenance job like the one mentioned .
Top reviews from other countries
Overall I'm happy as long as this printer can last 16 months to pay itself off. Will update this again if anything else goes wrong.
Update April 16 2019: 8 months in and zero issues for months, when running only 2 test pages per week. This is next to zero ink used, per week trust that's nothing. I will update my star rating on this printer to 4 star if it lasts the 16 months. So far so good. Still recommend this printer but be sure to make a scheduled task to print 2 times a week, to prevent headaches.
Update #2 Jan 26/2020 : As promised i would update my star rating on this to 4 stars if it lasted 16 months (to pay itself off). It is now 17months and its still going strong so I have gone ahead and given this printer an extra star. Overall as long as you print a few test pages per week (2 minimium) you will be very happy with this printer and at the reduced price I personally think this is a bargain. Thanks epson for the great printer,I have upgraded this review to 4 stars.
It arrived one day late but who cares, I am 100% satisfied so far.
Altogether, I spent about CAD341.81 including Tax and Environmental Handling Fee.
The package arrived right at my front door and I immediately started unboxing it. About 6 months ago I bought an Epson WF 2630(WORST PRINTER EVER) and it had 99 problems within that time frame. I went 'HULK' on it, literally, and smashed it to pieces, lol. So I began searching for a new printer and ran into this EcoTank printer. I watched reviews that's stated "This printers' ink WILL last up to years before another refill is needed". Well that sounded beautiful. I purchased it and here I am now, the happiest person in the world on day one of receiving this printer. After unboxing it, I quickly ran over to YouTube so I can do everything PERFECTLY! As 'WE' started the first process (ink), I felt this feeling of security from Epson. I felt like this printer was indeed the one AND Epson was no longer robbing me. The set up is a flow of ease. Just be sure to read the entire manual before you start the setup because there is a trick or two in there. I'm not sure if the printers function will be affected if the order of the steps are rearranged so that's why I highly recommend reading. If not, just pull up a YouTube unboxing video like I did.
So, if you look at my pictures you will see that on the screen, it says quiet mode, NOT SILENT MODE. I am not sure exactly what it's for because It kinda sounds the same to me in normal mode. I've inserted two pictures of the approximate measurements (LxW). The size is just perfect for me. This printer can be connected to your PC via USB (A-Male to B-Male). This USB cable is NOT included in the box. The scanners top is extremely thin, which is convenient for me.
In another picture, you will see a photo of myself. Be mindful, this is what my Epson ET printed on Letter paper. This was indeed the final and biggest shock for me. I could not believe what came out, and to think of it, it was printed in less that 15 seconds. I mentioned that this product is not for persons with extremely high expectations because if you do look near the left edge of this printer, you will see black ink droplets from the printing process. I also noticed this in the first three printouts. Not sure if it will persist.
Thanks for reading my very long review. I hope I didn't miss anything. I hope you do enjoy this printer if you decide to purchase!