- Shipping Weight: 1 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- ASIN: B007TNSHDI
- Average Customer Review: 284 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #98,702 in Sports & Outdoors (See Top 100 in Sports & Outdoors) Product Warranty: For warranty information about this product, please click here
EquiFit ShouldersBack Lite
|Price:||$39.97 - $70.66|
|Sale:||Lower price available on select options|
- Developed by a leading orthopedic team to assist rider's improve their posture
- Helps retrain your muscles to remain in a correct upright position
- Great for men and women
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
EquiFit ShouldersBack Lite ShouldersBack Lite was developed by a leading orthopedic team to assist rider's improve their posture. it offers the same upper back support as the ShouldersBack Original however the Lite is constructed with a lighter, sheer fabric that is ideal for warmer climates or seasons. Many individuals wear this, such as professional athletes, dancers, chiropractors, dental hygienists, actors and models. With consistent use ShouldersBack helps retrain your mind and muscles to remain in a correct, upright position. ShouldersBack is comfortable, breathable and does not restrict or hinder your movement. Because ShouldersBack does alter your positioning, we recommend beginning slowly and listening to your body. Slip it on for just one hour a day and, if it feels good to you, gradually increase the time to your comfort level. ShouldersBack is great for both men and women. Item Specifications: Small: 0"-24" chest Medium: 25"-38" chest Large: 39"-50" chest Features: Developed by a leading orthopedic team to assist rider's improve their posture Helps retrain your muscles to remain in a correct upright position Great for men and women
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
1) Get a very soft, thin, snug fitting t-shirt (with short sleeves) and wear it under the brace. This prevents itching and irritation and makes all the difference in the world. I found a thin scoop neck so it doesn't show under my clothes.
2) Don't tighten up the brace right away. Start off so you barely feel it at first and gradually work your way up to having it tighter. This allows your body to adjust slowly to the changes and makes it much more comfortable. The one disadvantage I have is that there is exposed velcro (the 'hook' side) exposed and against your clothes. It probably would be a good idea to wear a second thin t-shirt over the brace when you are wearing a sweater or fabric that might stick to the velcro.
I recommend it and hope you have as good of results as I did.
So I finally decided to do something about it, and ended up with this little contraption.
Some size info: I'm 5'8, 125 lbs and the small fits just fine.
My only complaint is that without an undershirt with sleeves, the straps start to chafe your underarms and it becomes unbearable.
Wearing this makes it easier to sit up straight with shoulders back, but the brace doesn't force you to. It just makes it less comfortable to slouch. I have to say that when I wear it my wrist and shoulder pain are better, so this thing definitely works for me.
Overall, I think using this brace is a start in the direction to improve your posture, but the only permanent solution is building back muscles and having an ergonomic work environment to prevent injury.
Based on all the great reviews I got this, and yes, it works, and great at that!
It helps you to keep your shoulders down and back, which as we know is awesome at helping with everything from neck strain, upper to mid back pain, and posture. HOWEVER, after only about six months of wear, ( about 4-6 hours per day) , the straps are fraying loose from the center stretchable material that covers your upper back...one corner under the arm has completely separated. I wear this over a very thin cotton t shirt, because it does dig into your skin and redden it, and make it sore after a while. (I learned the hard way. Just always wear a super thin cotton t shirt under this and you won't have that problem.)
So, anyway, back to the straps that are coming apart....I'm always careful to make sure that when I'm wearing this support device, that it's not unnecessarily tight, to avoid over taxing the material. But it came apart anyway. So disappointing, Now I'm debating whether or not I should just give in and reorder another one, or try a different model or company all together. This one is not tough enough for everyday wear and is poorly constructed. So beware- if you buy this, it will work, and make a difference, but plan on getting a new one sooner than you'd want to, which is ridiculous, especially at this price.
I reordered the first one hoping the stitching will stay in tact this time! It is a great product if it holds together!