BCA Month Beauty Fall Reading Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited $69.99 Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon curbpremiere curbpremiere curbpremiere  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on August 6, 2015
I am a new horse owner, and am trying to plan lessons between my actual lessons with an instructor. I have found great exercises in this book, and love the little cards. I should probably get them laminated. I am not super excited about the on the ground stretches (pull the tail, flex the joints, etc), and this is probably because this is completely out of my comfort zone and I am worried I could do something wrong. I will check that with my instructor...
But overall I would recommend this book.
on January 22, 2014
I highly recommend this book to anyone who wants to get their horse fit in many areas. Some comments say that western riders can't benefit from this book because it has jumping exercises in it, but there are only 3 or 4 jumping exercises and they are doable on the lunge line as well. Overall, this is a great book. Ballou makes it easy to understand what she is saying with illustrations and great instruction. Pretty much anyone could do most of these exercises, from beginner to advanced.
on September 19, 2013
I have several books on equine fitness and this one is, by far, the best! The author's explanation of equine anatomy and the development of equine fitness was outstanding and her program for the development of the horse at any age was perfect for my herd. Add to that, the fact that it is in digital form makes my life a whole lot easier. I can read it anywhere.
on March 4, 2015
Great tips and information from front to back. It helped me significantly in creating a training/ conditioning program I want to use on my 11 y/o mare who has been a pasture pet her whole life. Come spring I feel like I have a very educated plan for getting her in shape a safe and effective way that will encourage her willingness to work.
on December 23, 2015
Pretty good
on August 31, 2012
This book is fabulous! I read as many equine related books as possible to help my relationships with my horses in anyway that I can and I have to say that this is the best book I have come across yet! I found it so helpful, and so easy to read and understand. The fact that there are cut-out cards in the back so I can easily take them to the barn with me is fantastic. I want to buy a copy for every horse owner/rider I know! So very pleased with this purchase.
on September 23, 2013
This book made so much sense, as in targeting workouts for specific results, same as bodybuilders and athletes. Plus giving you actual exercises to do them. The only thing I would have preferred would have been actual photos rather than drawings, no matter how beautifully done. A great addition to any equine library.
on March 29, 2016
Full or really great exercises for you and your horse! Some will be limited though. It certainly depends on what you have available in your area (i.e. hills). Worth the buy for sure!
on February 26, 2010
Equine Fitness is as good as 101 Dressage Exercises, the other book by Ballou. The exercises in both books are easy to understand and apply to many situations. Ballou's step-by-step program for introducing a horse to a fitness regime is well thought out, and I plan to use it as I rehab my CWB mare, Juno, when she finally recovers from a year-long lameness episode which was due to a shoulder injury.
on March 14, 2012
This is one the best books I have ever read for educating the horse owner how the horse's body and mind really work and it is written in clear, understandable English. It addresses the horse's NEED for turnout and what the consequences are for inadequate movement. I trim horse hooves and I wish every one of my clients would read this book.