Your Garage Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning Landline Landline Landline  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 728 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 3,981 reviews
on March 29, 2017
I read this series when it originally came out. As my middle daughter is reading, I sexy to re-read it. I forget how wonderful a writer Christopher is. A mix of Lord of the Rings with his detailed imagery and the magic found in Harry Potter books. His writing is a unique blend of Tolkien, Rowling n a touch of Stephen King. Can wait to start book 2 tomorrow.
on May 14, 2017
It's an epic story with an interesting and compelling hero. Eragon's journey is one that kept me reading. I'm also impressed with how exposition was handled. At no point did I feel like there was something I needed to know but didn't.
on September 24, 2016
I enjoy this series so much I've read all four books 4 times haha. Great book with great quality cover and binding.
on February 25, 2017
I love this book series. But i read this one when i was just a kid. It's one of the best of the dragon books that i have read besides Tolkien. Christopher paolini is a very young writer when he wrote this book and I love his creativity and style. You can close your eyes and imagine what it is he is trying to convey. I also saw the movie but it was just too cramped up with Hollywood stuff and to short. So if you are looking for a great way to pass the time or get your kids to enjoy reading this book is the best.....
on June 21, 2011
When I read this book for the first time, it was everything: inspiration...an amazing example of really really good literature...a motivation for me to work hard to get published early in life. I remember thinking the writing was great, the story super intense, the characters fully developed.
Then I read Eldest. Then Brisingr. Then Eragon again. My opinions have...ummm....changed.
I'll say first off that I want to cut this guy some slack. After all, he did write this when he was just 15, and that's pretty darn amazing if you think about it that way. But really, if you look at it from the viewpoint of one who has read a lot of really great literature, Eragon is nothing super duper special. Good, but...lacking.
The writing is good, but it lacks life, meat. Paolini gets across what he wants you to see, but not in a way that gave me chills or made me want to live there or experience that world with Eragon.
Speaking of Eragon, he's just average. I never felt a connection with him, through all the books. I liked him, but not enough to really care about him. I cared more for Arya and Murtagh. Murtagh is actually one of my favorite characters in the whole series, a great, tragic character who caught my eye from the first. And Brom...oh Brom. I loved him.
The story is fairly good, but not as strong and original as I'd want. It was, however, enough to keep me interested and a couple of the scenes, because of their sheer danger and magical intrigue, really stuck with me. So, this book is worth the read, because it is good, and because the series just gets better and better.

3/5 stars
on January 19, 2017
Eragon is a story about a boy that learns he can and will be so much more than what he believes. He is introduced to a world of danger, magic, elves, adventure mages and DRAGONS. This is just the beginning of his adventure and training. Christopher Paolini is a great author, and this series can be read and enjoyed by young adults or adults. I highly recommend this book to anyone that loves fantasy, adventure and dragons.
on December 9, 2016
I absolutely despise reading fiction books! I couldn't think of any worse way to go then reading and actual book about nothing. With that being said I freaking loved this series. It's the first book I've read since AR reading in high school! I got the audiobook and started listening to pass the time on my commute to my new job and loved it. My only complaint now is that the third book isn't on Kindle audiobook yet...
on January 9, 2017
Although it has been fourteen years since Eragon was first published, I just made the time to read it. I fell in love with the characters and their adventures. If you liked reading The Dark is Rising series, The Lord of the Ring series, Harry Potter's adventures or King Arthur and the Round Table, you'll enjoy this series. There's plenty of action, inviting detail, and plot twists to keep you intrigued.
on April 9, 2017
I bought this for my kids school library since they had the rest of the series but not this. This happens to be one of my all time favorite YA series. Amazing writing. I will read the Inheritance Cycle over and over forever.
on January 10, 2017
The children in my middle school just eat up this book. We have 4 in the library and all are out.