Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 11 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 19 reviews
on January 3, 2013
My 8 year old daughter was very excited to play with her gift. It is very simple to put together and she was up and running in no time. However, after about 5 minutes of play, the buttons on the remote started working intermittently. We tried new batteries, but it had no effect.

How disappointing that a toy is so poorly built it can't withstand 5 minutes of easy play. I've looked online for replacement remotes, but none are to be found.
on January 3, 2013
Got this robot for my son (10) and he had it put together by himself in about 13 minutes. I was hoping he would struggle a bit with it or atleast that it would take 30 minutes!!! Overall, the robot is nice and seems to have good control for a RC robot. Was priced a little high due ($10-15 too high) to the ease of putting it together and lack of movement in the upper body.
on February 13, 2013
Bought this a Birthday Gift for my 6 year old nephew. Received the ROBOT does not work! Tried to get a replacement can not have to return and order another. NOT HAPPY:(
on January 31, 2013
It broke within minutes. My husband was able to fix it a few times by jiggling the wires, but it is not suitable for child's play.
on February 6, 2010
My grandson is 12 and needed quite a bit of adult supervision to put this together. He really enjoyed it for the 30 minutes that it worked. This is not a toy for boys with little patience or those who are rough and tumble with their toys.
on January 7, 2009
Very pleased!!!
on January 6, 2010
Of course this little guy will get bad reviews when he is expected to be the larger more advanced version (ah assumptions, whatever happened to reading the details before a purchase?)....he is a small version of the large high-tech robot and has less function, but is still really cool to a child without overdone high technology expectations. I like that the child can build it himself, or with help depending on their level. He has a remote control, makes sounds including a giggling sound, lights up, spins, and runs around on a level floor. He's not too big but not too small...about 8" tall. My 11 year old adores him.
on December 19, 2009
We ordered this for our 7 yr old son, who eagerly awaited it. Once it arrived, we got it assembled (instructions are a bit confusing too) and discovered that it did not work. We tried a new set of batteries and still nothing. It also looked like it basically just drove around. I cannot imagine that the arms or head could move since they just snap into the body on plastic ball joints. It might occupy a younger child for awhile but it would have lasted about 5 minutes before my 7 yr old was bored with it. We opted for refund versus replace.
on May 20, 2010
As the title says I didn't expect much when I purchased this goofy little toy. My intentions are to turn it into a robot for my 1:6 action figures, maybe arm it or make into a bomb disarming robot. So it's play value is almost meaningless to me. However it is advertised as play worthy and I'd say your child would be bored within a few minutes of play, adults may last a few seconds. The most fun I had was watching my dog and two cats reaction to the funny sounds that the robot made and the movement - even the pets got bored quickly. I used the remote three times the first day I received the product in the mail and picked up to use it again a week later and the batteries were nearly dead. The electronics must drain the battery power even when not in use - an expensive proposition if you have to keep replacing the batteries after each use! So overall I wouldn't recommend this to anyone who thinks it will live up to the advertising but for a cheap toy robot for custimization, sure, if you glue on a couple of suitable weapons to the arms and attach a few bits'n'pieces you could model a reasonable likeness to the Terminator 1, before the humanoid terminators were developed, or perhaps some other sci-fi concept.
on January 1, 2013
The Erector Spykee is a simple control robot. It goes forward and backwards (with an angle). It lights up the wires and is fairly easy to put together. Overall it's a 3 to 4 stars (this depends on the price...if inexpensive at the time of purchase its 4, if not it's a 3)...

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.