Ergobaby Original Collection Baby Carrier, Sea Skipper (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
- Baby's weight is evenly distributed between the hips and shoulders
- Baby is cradled in a natural sitting position
- 3 Carry Positions: Front, Back and Hip
- Baby Weight Range: 7-45 pounds or 3.2 - 20 kg
- Machine washable
- Comfortable for Parents: Baby's weight is evenly distributed between the hips and shoulders
- Ergonomic for Baby: Baby is cradled in a natural sitting position
- Baby Weight Range: 7-45 lb/3.2 - 20 kg (Newborn with Infant Insert)
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
It is high quality and very comfortable. There are a couple drawbacks: One is that it is really, really hard for me to buckle the strap that goes behind me when I am wearing the baby on the front. The other is that its hard to get babies on your back. It is however quite easy to get toddlers and preschoolers on your back. The other day I put a 3.5 year old in the carrier and it was surprisingly comfortable for both of us. She tried to get me to wear her to the park, which I could have done no problem, but since half the reason we go to the park is for exercise I told her no. I did wear her around the house for a while though, and it was super easy! I highly recommend this carrier, and have actually stopped people in Babies R Us to tell them about it when I heard them talking about getting a Bjorn. Which if you knew me, you would know is a huge deal because I tend to be quite an introvert. If you have any questions about this carrier, leave a comment and I will answer.
*When buying an Ergo online, make sure you buy it from an authorized retailer. A lot of them that you find online are counterfeit and at best are of a sub par quality and at worst dangerous.Read more ›
Aside from the regular good quality of Ergo in general, this particular style is great. Both my husband and I are fat (I'm about 250 right now) and it fits just fine.
(1) ERGObaby Original Baby Carrier, Black/Camel), made of thick canvas-like cotton with soft flexible shoulder straps and a soft lining. It has a roomy pocket in front with a zipper for your wallet, keys, cell phone, passport, etc. I had this one for 4 years with 3 kids, still going strong. It can be used even with older toddlers as it goes to 40 lbs if needed.
(2) Ergobaby Performance Collection Charcoal Grey Carrier- this carrier has a more snug fit with thick, stiff contoured straps - I found this one very uncomfortable, with much more fabric covering my child than the original Ergo. The space for my baby was less roomy, so I returned it. However, many parents do like it.
(3) ERGObaby Original Collection Sport Baby Carrier - Black - this is a lightweight version of the original, with a streamlined design. Great for summer, has longer straps than the original, but it doesn't have the storage pocket in front for personal items. The original Ergo (#1) provides more coverage & warmth for the baby.
Some models are sold with extender belts, for people with larger frames. Make sure it is in the description if you need this.Read more ›
I have the original Baby Bjorn which works well but after awhile it hurts my back. I found I used the baby Bjorn when my son needed to be in the insert for the ergo baby.
It is easy to discretely breast feed the baby (from a women's perspective)
The cover works for naps or feeding.
Has back support
Easy to use
Can hold your child from birth to 42 pounds
Convertible to side, front and back
Your child has to be facing you
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This is my second ergo I broke the latch on the first one. Best invention ever. I'm a mom of four and this is the best investment I've ever made!Published 1 month ago by Amazon Customer
The design is beautiful, and it is very comfortable to wear. I only needed the infant insert for a few days, and my little girl seems to like riding around in it!Published 1 month ago by C.Welton
I had this one on my baby registry for my second and it was gifted to us by my family. They knew how much I had used our black one with our first and that I would need this more... Read morePublished 1 month ago by Jade Hughes
I love my ergo! And my baby boy loves it too! Best purchase I made for myself and my baby boy!Published 1 month ago by Amazon Customer
I like my cheap carrier from target better. You can forward carry with itPublished 1 month ago by Amazon Customer
I absolutely love it! Fits perfectly for baby and myself! So easy to use!Published 1 month ago by Chloe Smith
This baby carrier is amazing! I also use the k'tan wrap and love it, but for longer wearing periods this is better. Read morePublished 2 months ago by Shannon Davis