Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now FFII_gno

Showing 1-7 of 7 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 8 reviews
on September 13, 2016
These lasted less than a week before my autistic daughter bent the stereo mini plug. While the fabric cord and headset itself do seem bomb-proof, the whole apparatus is only as strong as its weakest leak. And the cheap, easily bent straight stereo plug is a weak link indeed that defeats the purpose of the whole setup. When I contacted Califone about the bent plug, they informed me that the plug that is part of the cord is not subject to their "lifetime" cord warranty, but that just this once they would send me a replacement. The only hitch was they don't have any cords in stock, so it would be a couple of months. They suggested that when my new cord does come, I purchase an extension plug to protect the built-in stereo jack. Here's a bright idea: if it needs an extension jack to work properly, why don't they include one—or better yet use a quality plug in the first place. Needless to say I am not waiting around several months for the replacement cord and am returning these to the seller through Amazon.
on March 19, 2015
Durable, durable, durable. They may not last forever, but we've been through lots of headphones for our son. He doesn't like ear buds. He has broken metal, plastic, and metal-plastic headbands. The plastic in these really seems sturdy. They are built and sold to be used in schools. The sound is OK and they aren't super comfortable, but they seem to be very, very durable. Notice I did not say unbreakable. The cord is a lifetime cord. The cord looks like you could run it over with a car tire and it would still work. The cord is replaceable and is a heavy duty cloth covered cord. It may outlast me! I think the headphone is also washable, but who cares. I might be dead in twenty years, but this headphone will still be working.
on January 24, 2012
My daughter loves these head phones. They are comfortable. The cord is detachable so she can wear them without dangling cord to block out some noise in large group settings. They don't block all sound so she can still hear the speaker on stage at church or person sitting by her talking. But it blocks enough noise so she is not overwhelmed
Before these headphones she was not able to sit in basketball games or church or loud auditorium programs because lots of noise bothered her.
on August 11, 2015
Quality belies its description. These are cheap plastic headphones with some weird adapter for the audio cable.
on February 5, 2015
We were looking for something durable for our school computer lab, theses are awesome!
on September 13, 2013
I bought these for my 8 year old. She is in the autism spectrum and tends to chew on things out of nervousness and for comfort. The cord on this is wrapped in a heavy fabric braid and carries a lifetime guarantee. I had been getting the cheapest headphones I could find because the cord would have a life of about one day.We tried wireless, but she would chew the ear cups. She keeps these on and seems to like them.

The sound quality is very good. The headphones are very comfortable. They are also washable.

Just to clarify the product identification, the HPK-1540 consists of the HPC-1520 cord and the HPE-1000 headphone.
on August 6, 2012
I purchased these for my son who has Autism, as it's sometimes easier for him to focus on activities (movies, educational games, etc.) with headphones on. However, my son also likes to chew on things, and a dangling headphone cable -- often coated in rubber, and right next to his little face -- is a difficult thing for him to resist. We have been through tons of headphones; all we have to do is take our eyes off him for a second for him to start grinding the cable between his teeth. Finding these Califone headphones with their "Guaranteed For Life" cord and washable headset is seemingly the answer for all our headphone-related problems.

Get this: this cord is specifically designed to be ... chew-proof!

During the first week my son managed to break-off the plug on the end of the cord, and all I had to do was call Califone; a few days later we had a replacement cord, and they didn't even ask me to return the broken cord.

The headphones themselves seem really durable, and the over-ear design really helps to block-out ambient sound. (Don't let the name fool you: these are made of plastic, not titanium.) I hope this is the last pair of headphones I ever have to buy for my son, and from my experience with them directly I would not be surprised if they are. (Even if it's the last pair of headphones I have to buy for him this year it will be an improvement!) I was really impressed with Califone's warranty replacement, and I'm happy that if something happens to these I just have to make a phone call to get another cable as opposed to wasting another set of headphones, going to the store, and pouring over the headphone selection to find something suitable.

They sound fine, too. I have several pairs of audiophile-quality headphones (I am a professional musician) so I know these aren't top-of-the-line, but they're at least as good (if not better) than anything else I have purchased in the same price range.

I don't really give a lot of 5-star reviews on Amazon (this may be my first, actually), but a guaranteed-for-life, unconditional warranty on the element which fails most often on headphones really makes this product exceptional.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
See 1 answered question