Amazon Vehicles Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB DG Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Home Gift Guide Father's Day Gifts Home Gift Guide Shop Popular Services americangods americangods americangods  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com Ellen

Size: Regular|Style: 1 pack|Change
Price:$4.45+ Free shipping (Addon item)

Showing 1-10 of 2,237 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 2,534 reviews
on December 13, 2013
I just turned 60 years old and I've been playing guitar since I was 13 - I've tried every make of string, and played most every model of guitar as well, and these are the only strings I use. I recently bought a used guitar which was strung with something else - couldn't wait to get the EB strings on there. Nothing else has the feel and sound - they just have a musicality and aliveness to them and manufacturing quality has been consistent over the years. I'd recommend these for any guitar, any style - harmonics, sustain, feel - they have it all. Only decision is .010's or .009's - I like to use .010's when tuned down to E flat, and .009's for standard tuning. If you don't like your guitar and it's strung with other strings, try these.
33 comments| 106 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 19, 2017
I've been playing slinky's for around 15 years now, I've tried various sizes, and the Skinny Top Heavy Bottom's have become my absolute favorite.

They're exactly as they sound, the thicker EAD allow for some great chording tone for rock, while the slightly skinnier top strings allow bending to still be easy enough that I'll actually want to do it.

Try em, you'll like them.
on December 1, 2016
I've been using ernie ball strings for years. The ones i was sent seemed to be older because they came in unmarked, paper envelopes (each individual string) without the name of the string on the envelope like the newer ones do. However, the strings last a long time and they sound great. depending on how often you play, this pack could last you quite a while. For example when i was in a band and practiced daily and had 1-2 shows a week, this pack would've lasted about 3 weeks ( i broke strings a lot). but now with just daily casual play this pack will probably last me upwards of 3 months. Great product.

I have a fender mexican telecaster FYI, and these strings fit very well and are easy to string on the guitar and play and sound great. will definitely buy again.
on December 7, 2013
I've been using these strings for many years. They hold their tune for a long time and have a nice, rich on the low end, sparkly on the high end tone. Quality has always been very consistent. I play classic rock, 90's alternative, modern country, blues, and 80's metal on Les Pauls, Strats, Teles, Rickenbackers, and Gretsch's. Live and in the studio, these strings work for everything.
on August 29, 2013
In my opinion strings are the hardest thing to rate to an extent because everyone prefers different tensions and/or sounds but I will say that as long as you clean them once in a while they will last pretty long without major tone loss, as far as tension that all depends on the person playing. I've been using these for about 3 years now and I wouldn't swear by them but they are more readily available than a lot of other strings. I've used a lot of gauges from .09-.42 all the way to .12-.54 and what's comfortable for me may not be for you. I would definitely recommend a lighter gauge to beginners and my personal favorite is either the .10-.46 or the .10-.48
Enthusiast: Guitaron December 3, 2016
My go-to strings. I've got these on every guitar with all sorts of different pickups and they sparkle on each one. It's amazing what difference in tone a string can make! I use these on Teles, Strats, Gretsch hollowbodies, Jaguars, and everything in-between. The 10-46 is a perfect gauge for many scale lengths and is easy for leads & bends, but heavy enough for my pick attack. I use these in Standard and Eb tuning and they work well for both. I have played EBs for years and will always come back to them. All my guitars and basses are strung with EB now and I won't be looking back!
on May 2, 2017
I don't even know if I need to review these, these are the gold standard for guitar strings as far as I'm concerned. I've been using them for 25 years. Every now and then I stray and try a d'addario or GHS or some such, but I always come back to these. Nice balanced sound. Not too punchy, not too muddy. Great feel. Not too grippy, not too slippery. Ernie Ball needs to make a package that offers bonus (high) E-G strings though, I go through those well before the low strings are needing to be changed.
on May 3, 2017
I am just a beginner, but I have to say these strings are amazing. I decided to change the strings on my Epiphone Les Paul Ultra from the ones that came on it. All I can say is WOW!!!!! My guitar sounds so much better, it does not even sound like the same instrument. The tone is so much richer and crisper than the stock strings. Don't hesitate to buy these they are worth every penny.
on September 21, 2013
I’ve tried hundreds of sets of strings over the past 50 years I’ve been playing and I started using these about 6 months ago and I think I finally found a consistent “go to” set of strings I can “go to” till the day I leave this planet.

The high E, B and G, strings, (09, 11 and 16 gauge), give you the lead playability and feel of a set of "Super Slinky's' with the ability to still pull off full rich sounding chords with the lower E, A and D strings weighing in at 26, 36 and 46 gauge. Also, with these gauges they are still light enough to keep the beginning guitarist from screaming in pain like they do with a set of heavy gauge strings, at least until they get their “finger pads” raised, yet offer that big warm, or crunch sound you look for in a heavier gauge.

All I can say is “Try ‘em and I think you’ll love them!”
And to make it even sweeter, “Pitbull Audio” offers some sweet deals and they ship immediately! I received mine 2 days earlier than the expected receive date and in perfect condition. Thanks Pitbull!

Johnny
“No matter how frustrated you get, or how much you just don’t want to practice, or go to a lesson, or… You’ll get through it, so roll with it and NEVER QUIT and NEVER GIVE UP, because you were chosen and given this gift that will always be with you, no matter what life brings your way. Respect it, embrace it and share it.”
on May 11, 2017
I've been using these for 30 years, they stay in tune and rarely break. I do however change them after every 3rd show. Corrosion resistance could be better, for guitars that don't get used much. These are great strings for beginners to professionals. I've tried the cryogenic strings to nickel plated and for my style of playing the others cost more and get changed just as often.