- Includes FREE MP3 version of this album Here's how (restrictions apply)
Erotica Explicit Lyrics
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Top Customer Reviews
Like today's electronica, 1992's "Erotica" is a chilly but exciting experience. Far removed the warm, submissive intimacy of "Justify My Love," the Madonna of "Erotica" walks tall and carries a big whip. "Erotica" was produced to a large degree by DJ/remixer/producer Shep Pettibone, whose signature mixes have rocked the clubs and airwaves since the mid-80s. Pettibone's energetic and creative production dominates Erotica, with a diverse, textured blend of beats, bass and sonic soundscapes, while still leaving Madonna free to do her thing.
Album highlights include the throbbing title track, the dance-till-you drop firecracker "Deeper and Deeper", and a sizzling cover of Peggy Lee's "Fever ". Other fine Madonna/Pettibone collaborations include the riveting confessions of "Bad Girl"; the witty revenge fantasy "Thief of Hearts"; the heated plea for equality, "Why's It So Hard"; and the soaring ballad "Rain."
Producer Andre Betts also has a strong presence on "Erotica", co-producing such standout tracks as the steamy ode to oral gratification, "Where Life Begins," and the soul-searching album finale, "Secret Garden.Read more ›
Track 1 is Erotica (10/10). The first song from this album released in October 1992. It made UK No.3. The video and orgasms shocked the world. The deep. voice is almost scary as the sight of dominatrix Madonna in the video pops into my head evertime I hear this. Track 2 is Fever (10/10). A cover of Peggy Lee's classic from 1956. This made UK No.6 in April 1993. The taking of a really soulful 1950s song and updating it with racy, dance beats of the 1990s works really well. Track 3 is Bye Bye Baby (10/10). A very good dance/pop track. I like the lyrics, "I know I loved you, because I hate you". Classic, up-front Madonna! Although her voice is a little strange, even nausiating. Track 4 is Deeper And Deeper (10/10). A very good dance track for the clubs. This made No.6 in the UK in December 1992. The chorus is really up-beat and happy. The Spanish bit half-way through is really good and gives it that foreign holiday feel. Track 5 is Where Life Begins (9/10). A VERY saucy track from kinky Madonna! The whole song is mainly about how to have sex.Read more ›
1. Erotica: The infamous song that started a revolution. This song is very kinky and has a samlping of Kool and the Gang's "Jungle Boggie". Despite it's sexual nature this song is still hot and deserved more success.
2. Fever: A Very nice cover of Peggy Lee's classic. Madonna gives the song a whole new sound, that's only Madonna. But the version Madonna used in the Video to the song is by far superior to this one. You can find the video version on the German Single of Rain.
3. Bye Bye Baby: A song that kinda doesn't fit in on this album. I don't think it fits in anywhere, but it still good. Madonna is rekindling her high pitched voice in this song.
4. Deeper and Deeper: A wonderful song. This song was a gay pride song, that rocked. Madonna wanted to revist the disco years in this song. She even throws in a line from Vogue, for good measure.
5. Where Life Begins: Proably the most sexual song on the album. Madonna is wonderful with metaphors and this song prooves it. She compared "Dinning In, Eating Out" to something more than a fresh cooked meal at dinner time, if you know what I mean. The beat to this song is wonderful it is kinky, but sensual and intimate.
6. Bad Girl: This is one of My favorite songs on the album. I adore this song, the music the lyrics. They are gorgeous. Madonna is talking about a Girl, who is quite provacative and tends to make money off sex and gets drunk every night.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
It is one of her best. I love listening to it on my iPad when jogging. Very sexy music.Published 21 days ago by NYC
One of Madonna's most underrated albums primarily due to the controversy surround the album, video, and "SEX" book. Definitely one of her best. Read morePublished 2 months ago by Joseph D. Price
Tracklist Hide Credits .
Engineer [Mix] – George Karras
Engineer [Recording] – P. Read more
The title says it all. Madonna takes her erotica to the limit. With seductive lyrics and passion running wild. You may need a cold shower (or two) after listening to this CD.Published 4 months ago by Patrick Small
Sound quality of this re-issue, muddy... buy the original (U.S. "Promotion Only" or the German version !! sound quality so much better!!!)Published 5 months ago by Attila S.
Where does the line get drawn in artists work? Is a word /in a song/ a rhythmn/ a melody? Don't know enough about the business but I do know listen to the Soundtrack of 50 shades... Read morePublished 8 months ago by GUAMANIANINNYC