Amazon Vehicles Beauty Trade in your textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com toystl17_gno
Erroneous shut off Is this unit still having the problems with shutting off unexpectedly, as many earlier reviews mentioned?
asked by Barry Bannister on November 24, 2011
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 17 answers
A
This is the email I got back from HB when I inquired about the erroneous shut off:

Dear Tom,

Thank you for contacting us.

We understand your concern with the issue of the unit turning off early. We can assure you that this issue has been investigated and remedied by our engineers.

Please let us know if we can further assist you.

Thank you for contacting Hamilton Beach Brands, Inc.

Jordan
Consumer Affairs
Thomas J. Wilcox answered on February 23, 2012
Comment | 24 of 24 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I'm considering buying this model, I'd love to know if the shut off problem has been fixed. There seem to be too many complaints to say it is simply a user's programming error.
Teresa answered on January 15, 2012
Comments (2) | 12 of 12 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Teresa answered on January 15, 2012
Comment | 14 of 14 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I called the company about a month ago (before I bought the machine), and the phone rep acted as though she had no idea what I was talking about. Either they don't get many complaints about it, or they're instructed/trained not to acknowledge the issue.
Ashley answered on January 13, 2012
Comment (1) | 11 of 11 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
S. Endorf answered on February 27, 2012
Comment (1) | 7 of 7 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I have had the same concerns for a while now. However, I noticed in the product description that one of the features is "Power-interrupt protection;". It seems like this must not have been the case back when most of the shut-off problems occurred. In any case, I ordered on today.
Pamela Zehr answered on December 12, 2011
Comment (1) | 9 of 10 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Teresa answered on February 23, 2012
Comments (2) | 8 of 8 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Tom,

Interesting... thanks for sharing that. Though I can't tell from their phrasing whether they're acknowledging it's been a problem in the past, or if they're giving you a generic answer/trying to placate you & your "new" concern. lol.

Either way, I'm returning mine tomorrow. What with all the issues mentioned (especially the fact that the rubber [NOT silicone] gasket retains odors, and problems I've had with it ruining meals), I've finally decided it's not worth the hassle.

Good luck everyone! :)
Ashley answered on February 23, 2012
Comment | 6 of 6 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I wonder if the earlier versions had this ""Power-interrupt protection noted in the description"
and if they did then the problem really did exist.

If it didn't have this in the early version product description then it would be safe to
say the shut down problem has been fixed.
Rainer Rocks answered on December 17, 2011
Comment | 4 of 5 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Rainer Rocks answered on January 15, 2012
Comment | 5 of 6 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   2   Next ›

See all questions about this product